Start by marking “Tin Soldier (Seven Halos, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tin Soldier (Seven Halos, #2)

Tin Soldier (Seven Halos #2)

1.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
If you love something, let it go?

Rykken Camacho wants to find the seven archangel stones and save his girlfriend--well, ex-girlfriend, officially. But can he really dig up a secret that’s been buried for a hundred years?

His best friend Pilot is mad at him, President Vega is suspicious of him, and Thessa’s visions are slowly killing him...

Worst of all, Brie is getting darke
Paperback
Published May 2012

The Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen CorasantiDark Side by J.M. BarlogThe Orphan Master's Son by Adam JohnsonThe Rook by Daniel O'MalleyThe Why Cafe by John P. Strelecky
Books won on Goodreads
66th out of 494 books — 182 voters
Pandemonium by Lauren OliverHallowed by Cynthia HandFever by Lauren DeStefanoA Million Suns by Beth RevisThe Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
2012 YA/MG Sequels
142nd out of 145 books — 841 voters

More lists with this book...

Theresa
Jan 07, 2014 Theresa rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-received
***ARE ANY OTHER "WINNERS" OF THIS BOOK FINDING THAT THEY HAVE NOT WON ANOTHER BOOK SINCE? PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE, THANKS!***

I won this book as a Goodreads First Read. However, I never received a copy and from what I understand neither did anyone else. I wish that I could take it off my "to read" list, but that does not seem possible. Nor was I allowed to mark it UNRECEIVED. I finally marked it as received so that I might go on to possibly win more books, becau
Amanda Kay
May 28, 2014 Amanda Kay rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: who ever wants to read it
Recommended to Amanda by: no one because i honestly never got it
I have NOT received my copy of this book and I am very disappointed. I mean if you are going to put a book up for giveaway, at least remember you have done it and that the book is finished! there are 1,000 people that are not happy! I am one of them!

******
As of January 24, 2013 I still have not received this book so there for I am sick of waiting and just put that i have received it even though i never have...very very disappointed in this author :(

***********************

Feb. 5, 2013.....

I got
Alisha
Mar 12, 2012 Alisha rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
Won this book through a goodreads giveaway program and never received it. Since goodreads doesn't allow us to take our wins off a list and I haven't been able to read the book, I have rated it low. I feel as if the author has cheated us by making this competition in the first place, and until I receive the book with a personal apology, I will never read anything by her again. Don't buy this con artists books! I feel cheated in buying the first one from her after winning this one, never would hav ...more
Brittany
Dec 08, 2015 Brittany rated it did not like it
Shelves:
I'm done being nice! I won this book almost 5 years ago and none of the winners received their copy. I did originally state that and didn't even rate this book. But now I'm fed up and I feel like we were all scammed. Shame on this author for having a giveaway and not giving anyone a copy of the book they won! You are a bad author and I hope you get nothing, but negative reviews to follow! If you couldn't provide the copies then you should have NEVER had this giveaway in the first place! I'm just ...more
Lynne
I won TIN SOLDIERS (Seven Halos #2) several months ago as a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. The winners have been contacted by the author and the book is being released sometime this month (May2012) and should be delivered to the winners of that particular giveaway soon.

In anticipation, I purchased a copy of the first book (SILVER SMOKE) from Amazon in February. It's still on the shelf & ready to read it as soon as I receive this one. looking forward to reading this series.

May 29, 2012: I ju
Bonnie
Dec 17, 2012 Bonnie rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Well, I won this over 7 months ago and have yet to get it. There have been several communications from the author giving us updates on when to expect the book but the last communication was something along the lines of 'I'm still working on the draft, also needs to go through the editing process.' So then I go to the seven halos website and I suppose it could have been a while since the site was updated but apparently she's currently at 11,411 of her 100,000 word goal. Whatever. You post a conte ...more
Alison
Apr 06, 2016 Alison rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
Downgrading this to a to-read because it still hasn't come. I am also trying to figure out why people are rating it when they haven't even received it, but who am I to say.

If anyone is interested in the 'progress' of this book you can check out her Seven Halos website. There is a word tracker down at the bottom of the page and apparently she is still only about 11% done on a book that was supposed to be published last month.

Just read the first in the series and do
Devon Ashley
Sep 04, 2014 Devon Ashley rated it did not like it
pitch perfect photo: GURL? U OK? Gurluok.gif

July 2013 Sept 2014: Seriously. It's been 31 months since I won this and the author still hasn't released a book she began a giveaway for in 2011. I'm tempted to one star it. Nope. So gonna one star it now.

Won this back in February through a GoodReads' giveaway and still have not received it. Srsly...don't try to giveaway a book you haven't even written yet!
Michelle
Aug 26, 2012 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: firstreads
Well, sign me up with the people that "won" this book on firstreads.
Oh, and also never received it.

Was this just a publicity stunt to get a bunch of people "to-read" this book? I don't know, but it seems like it to me.

IF I ever receive this book, I will read it, and change the status and rating to reflect that. Until then, bad form Monica Leonelle and her publishing team.
Kari
Aug 25, 2014 Kari rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
Marking this as "read" because I'm really sick of hearing from the author about sending this out and having nothing happen. I won this Feb 2012 in a giveaway here on Goodreads, and I still have not gotten my copy. Why on earth would an author list a 1000 book giveaway on Goodreads when it wasn't even close to being finished? I was really looking forward to reading this series - it sounded pretty interesting! I've received the update emails from the author and even contacted her about when I migh ...more
Erica
Oct 11, 2012 Erica marked it as to-read
Does anyone know what's going on with this book. I won it as a Goodreads Giveaway, and I'm starting to really wonder the legitimacy of this giveaway.

I went to the Seven Halos website and she says that she needs to raise $12,500 in order to produce the book for a June 30th release date (which has obviously come and gone) and at the same time she only has 11,411 out of 100,000 words written. I'm concerned that we will not see this book anytime soon, if at all.

She sent out an email sometime ago let
Dania
Feb 16, 2013 Dania rated it did not like it
I won this book a year a go on the goodreads first read program. But to this day, I haven't received my copy. It's really annoying. I'm just going to mark it as received and put this whole mess behind me.
Jessica
Nov 13, 2013 Jessica rated it did not like it
I won this book as a Goodreads First Read. However, I never received a copy and from what I understand neither did anyone else. This was over a year ago- Highly Disappointed!!!!
Mallory
Aug 25, 2012 Mallory rated it it was ok
I won this book from Goodreads' First Reads program, and it's been six months since the giveaway ended. I had to mark it as unreceived, because I think it's holding me back from future winnings. It'd be great if I could once again have to opportunity to read books that are actually completed and ready to be read. I'm not mad at the author for listing her book when she wasn't even done writing book. It's understandable that life happens and some things are beyond your control. Yes, she did seem t ...more
Susie
Oct 24, 2013 Susie rated it did not like it
I won this book from Goodreads' First Reads program.

Like Amanda Kay I have not received my copy of this book or the other books promised to the winners of the giveaway from Monica. And like Amanda since I won and never received this book I haven't won a single book. IN ALMOST TWO YEARS. So like her I will mark it as received in hopes of being able to win new books.

It is very sad and discouraging for avid readers to have an author disappoint you in this way. Waiting over a year and a half for a b
Rachel H
Mar 23, 2016 Rachel H rated it did not like it
It's been over four years since I won this book and I still have not received it. I haven't won any Goodreads giveaways since, either. I see that many people have had this same experience; like them, I've now marked the book as received (even though I haven't received it) and reviewed it (even though I haven't been able to read it). It's getting a very low rating due to this. I'd be happy to change my rating and review if I ever receive the book.
Denisa
Jan 13, 2014 Denisa rated it did not like it
Shelves:
The TWO year mark is coming up this February since i was notified that i had won the Tin Soldier from Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. Disappointingly i still haven't received it. However i did receive an e-mail on February 6, 1013 from the author, Monica Leonelle, stating how deeply sorry she was for the inconvenience and that we would be compensated for the trouble, but we're yet again we're left with nothing but disappointment.
So...What the heck happened. Anyone actually know, cause i'm comple
Katie
Dec 20, 2013 Katie rated it did not like it
************ I MARKED THIS BOOK AS RECEIVED, BUT I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED THIS BOOK ************

I won this book back in February 2012, as a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. As of December 2013, I have NOT received this book, nor have I read it. After several failed attempts at trying to reach the author, and several emails sent from the author promising to send out the book, I feel that I will NOT be able to give a fair review on it, until this is settled.

It saddens me that I have to leave a review
Stacy Renee
Jan 21, 2013 Stacy Renee marked it as to-read
I have NOT read this book. I 'won' this as a Goodreads 'first-reads' giveaway but like the other 'winners', did NOT receive this book. I am giving it a negative rating because of this, but I hope that this problem will be fixed in the future even though I have been waiting for a year and have yet to win any other books since... I feel as if I need to make this known to Goodreads just in case this unreceived book is keeping me from winning any other books. I am unable to mark it as unreceived sin ...more
Jess Kittelson
May 06, 2014 Jess Kittelson rated it did not like it
I won this book back in 2012. Here it's 2 years later and I still have not received it. I thought it was just me, but it seems no one has received it.
Cecilyn
Today is June 4, 2014 and I have still not received my copy of this book. And it says that I won it. So where is my copy?
Kerri
I accidentally marked that I received my copy of this book from the Goodreads First Look Giveaway, but I too never received my copy. I HAVE NOT read this book. I am assuming that by not reviewing this book it could hold me back from winning books in the future so I just wanted to tie up this "lose end" and write some sort of review. We have also moved so I doubt this book would ever make it to me if even it did ship to me at some point in the future. For those who are still waiting, I hope the a ...more
R. A. Desilets
May 07, 2015 R. A. Desilets rated it it was ok
Shelves:
Never received this book from the giveaway. Since I don't want a non review ruining my chances of getting another book , this is my non review in a way. Whatever.

I won a copy of this book, but due to what other people are saying, it looks like it is going to be awhile for us to receive it.

With that being said, in the meantime I plan on reading the first in the series, which I already own. I'm very excited to receive this!
Deanna
May 11, 2013 Deanna rated it did not like it
I was one of the 1000 to win this book last February through Goodreads first reads giveaway. I still have NOT received this book! Take note: it's now August 13th 2012! Wow...is all I have to say...by now I have given-up on it totally! I've come to find out the book is not even finished yet let alone published! *shakes head* This has never happened to me before from a first reads giveaway win and I hope to never experience it again.
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Jul 17, 2013 Jessica (Step Into Fiction) rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I guess I will add my voice to 999 other people who "won" this book in February 2012 and never received it. Clearly I've forgotten about it and really could care less about the fact of not receiving it (as I have plenty of other books to keep me occupied (and most likely much better books, at that)) but the fact should be known that it was never received, more than a year later.
Amy
Dec 25, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book awhile ago. Still waiting on it. I've contacted the author, but I'm not sure where it stands in production. I did read "Silver Smoke" the first book in anticipation of this book. I'll probably have to go back and re-read it. Last year I received another email promising the book, but it's been 2 years since winning and I still haven't received the book.
Amber
Oct 02, 2012 Amber rated it did not like it
Shelves:
I won this book several months ago and I have still yet to receive it furthermore I have not won any books since I entered for this one. So I feel that since I have not yet rated it, it is ruining my chances to win other books from authors who actually have a book available for me to read and give a review.. Which is why i am giving this book 1 star...
Marsha
Jul 10, 2012 Marsha rated it it was ok
haven't read it yet, this was just a house-keeping notation for me. Wondering if I'll ever get this book.

I'm sad that I still haven't received the book. Of course, my star rating only reflects my being bummed. I'm sure that once I get a chance to read it, I'll give it more stars. Hurry up already!
Brent Soderstrum
Feb 15, 2016 Brent Soderstrum rated it did not like it
I am also among the many who allegedly won this book. I stupidly bought the first one so that when I got this book I would have the first two in the series. If I ever recieve this book I will read both of her books and give them a rating. Until then I have to give it one star based on my experience.
Melissa
Oct 17, 2014 Melissa rated it did not like it
Shelves: goodreads-win
I, like all the others, never received this book from the Goodreads first read program. I also wonder if the author did this to get a lot of want to read lists to use those numbers to indicate demand to raise money to finish the book.

Marking it as read just to get if off my tbr list.
  • The Big Five for Life
  • The Drunk Diet: How I Lost 40 Pounds... Wasted
  • Hot or Not: : How to Know If Your Business Idea Will Fly or Fail
  • A Thousand Bayonets
  • The Fourth Fisherman: How Three Mexican Fishermen Who Came Back from the Dead Changed My Life and Saved My Marriage
  • Light Under the House
  • The China Gambit (Craig Page, #1)
  • Lost Kingdom: Hawaii's Last Queen, the Sugar Kings and America's First Imperial Adventure
  • The Royal Wulff Murders (Sean Stranahan, #1)
  • Awkward Moments with Men
  • Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox: Story with Instructional Song
  • The Amazing Adventures of John Smith, Jr. AKA Houdini
  • Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb
  • She Speaks to Angels (AngelFire Chronicles, #1)
  • The Icon Thief
  • Rebounders: How Winners Pivot from Setback to Success
  • The Boiling Season
  • Running the Maze (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #5)

Seven Halos (2 books)
  • Silver Smoke (Seven Halos, #1)