Start by marking “Mitsu Aji Blood, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Mitsu Aji Blood, Vol. 01

Mitsu Aji Blood, Vol. 01 (Mitsu Aji Blood #1)

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  258 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Based on Mitsuki Miko’s popular vampire oneshots comes the serialization of this tale of the love between a vampire and human. Hinata was just a normal girl attending a Catholic school until she hears of the recent incidents in her area concerning a crime scene that looks like the doings of a vampire. He seems to attack only young girls, and Hinata’s suspicion begins to ar ...more
Published November 26th 2009 by Shogakukan

To ask other readers questions about Mitsu Aji Blood, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mitsu Aji Blood, Vol. 01

Courtney
This is a pretty generic (modern) vampire story, with more of a romance-based plot than anything else. There is a murder-mystery sub-plot going on, but it's used more as a way for the characters to further their relationship than anything else.

It's quite fast paced, (view spoiler), but it's almost a little too fast paced as you don't get drawn from not the story or feel you form an attachment to the characters.
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Honey Blood is a short, 2 volume series (with an extra volume of short stories) that unfortunately was ended in Japan before the story could be fully explored. The artwork is lovely but we do have a story that has been told often in manga. With uneven characterization/writing, this story of a mature male vampire and teen love interest can be a bit frustrating.

Story: Hinata attends a catholic girls school and is a pragmat
Kate
Please don't judge me for having read this volume. I try never to judge a book by its cover (or its awful choice for a title - because you never know, you might just find a gem like Pandora Hearts, right? Weird name, but oh my gosh, fabulous manga).

But, yeah, the serialization of this story was canceled shortly after it began with only two volumes to its name. And, I can see why. While it has all the right ingredients for silly high school girls to gobble up with a paranormal romance and lovely
Miss
Oct 12, 2014 Miss rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think this manga is a case of right book, right time. objectively speaking this is a fairly standard paranormal romance. i think i was in the mood for that though because i liked it more than i usually do these type of stories. i was inclined to read junya's teasing of hinata fairly generously -- i think it's because when she told him to stop touching her he actually stopped. i suppose it's a sad commentary on paranormal romance today that i would genuninely appreciate something so basic but a ...more
Jessica
I think it helped that once I got burned out reading so many paranormal books, that I can revisit the world and be able to enjoy it. Honey Blood is your typical shojo romance with a young girl falling in love with an immortal being. She wants to make a contract with the vampire and whaddya know?!----There actually might be something more...

I actually am humming Beauty and the Beast song, “There’s Something There Wasn’t There Before...”

hinata

Except if Hinata decides to make a promise, and Junya accepts
Dylan
Jan 11, 2015 Dylan rated it it was amazing
You know how I said I didn't know what I'd think of this manga?

Well, about half way through it, I fell in love with the characters. Now, I'm incredibly sad this is only a two volume series. The author said there is a bonus manga. I hope it gets translated. I love this story. Junya is so cute and hot and ahhh! I love him! Even the girl is great, she doesn't take his crap, and that makes him love her more. It's just really good.
Kereesa
Jul 20, 2015 Kereesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of vampire/smut manga
Recommended to Kereesa by: Jay
A fairly typical vampire love story, but just cute and honest enough for me to love it.

I also liked how when I finished the story, I noticed the ads at the back were for Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 and Millennium Snow, Vol. 1 respectfully. My thought was "oh, I own those two, what a coincidence-wait how much vampire manga do I own?"

...

like 75% of your vampire bookshelf
Rachel
Feb 09, 2015 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
A typical vampire romance, although this one falls flat on the romance part. While the art certainly meets the genres requirements, the story leaves much to be desired. Its pacing is too fast for us to truly believe in this relationship, or to connect with any feelings. Even the most romantic of scenes flops because the characters are underdeveloped and inconsistent. Hinata changes her mind awfully quick and for little reason, and only continues to weaken from there. As for Junya, while some att ...more
Kyogou
Oct 21, 2014 Kyogou rated it liked it
Man, it's been a long time since I've read a shoujo manga like this... perhaps Fruits Basket back when I was in high school, but I figured I'd give this a shot when I saw it at the library and it had vampires. Typical October addition.

Suffice to say, it was going alright until the point where suddenly, she just walks into his house and practically tells the guy he's a vampire (which he is), but the part that particularly bugged me was that he just went with it and the confrontation scene was kin
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Apr 15, 2015 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, for-review
~3.5-4/5

I was intrigued by this series. I knew there were vampires, I was getting a bit of a Black Bird feel from it, but I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to get. And while I think there was something missing, I did enjoy it.

First of all, I wasn’t quite sure what the artwork was going to look like. The cover, and the back picture, look very nice. But I wasn’t sure if it was going to be misleading, and very different inside. I’m happy to say that it isn’t. The inside art is very pretty, the h
Lucie Paris
Apr 26, 2012 Lucie Paris rated it really liked it

A famous writer is doing great with his love stories relating a passionate relation between a vampire and a mortal. One day, Hinata, his female neighbour, understand that the young man recounts his life through his novels and so that he is a bloodsucker. She offers herself as his prey...

In this first volume, the story's focus on the characters and on the romantic side their interaction. Once the personnages are presented via beautiful realistic drawings, the reader discovered the true nature of
Starks Frost
Jul 05, 2015 Starks Frost rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty Good

Well I bought the manga cause I like anything vampire. Over all the pictures drawn are amazing. I'm picky when it comes to manga. The love story is really interesting and I plan to get the next one.

Would I see it if it was a series? Yes!

It's kind of like vampire knight in a way. But I like this better.
Laela
Oct 14, 2014 Laela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading/watching so much horror stuff, a shojo manga was just the kind of break I needed~ It was a standard shojo and it had the awkward silliness as every shojo has but there was a sort of charm to it that sucked me in. I love Junya and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Brenda Shields
Jan 15, 2016 Brenda Shields rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~review by j~

I don't know why I bought this, but it was a new manga at the local comic book store. I wanted to help them out.

But this is definitely a better love story than Twilight, and the vampire doesn't sparkle.

~review by j~
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance
Content Rating: Older Teen (sensuality, violence, vampire feeding, minor states of female undress)

This was surprisingly good! With its rather sensual cover and well-used vampire premise I was hesitant to pick it up, but the interaction between the characters was fun and flirty, especially paired with the sweet and playful art style. And despite the cover, this volume was a lot tamer than advertised. I will definitely be reading Volume 2 to see how this short
Turtles
Nov 07, 2014 Turtles rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yuck
I only gave it 2 stars since the art was beautiful. But the story was utter crap and cheese, all the things you hate in manga are in in this one manga.
Victoria Howe
Mar 22, 2015 Victoria Howe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honey Blood

I love it but I absolutely hate the ending. It's easy too much of a cliff hanger for me. I want more to the story
Amanda
Dec 02, 2015 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
an okay novel, I want to know what happens so I will read the next but I feel there could be more done with the story!
Ashley
Jan 05, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet but short. I like the art. Entertaining enough that I'll be buying the 2nd volume & the volume of one-shots.
Lady Entropy
Dec 04, 2014 Lady Entropy rated it it was ok
It was... okay.

I liked the protagonist, it was fun, but still... didn't grab me too much. Maybe I am vampire-d out.
Ginny Sorenson
Mar 19, 2015 Ginny Sorenson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: soon-to-buy
Apparently I must find the rest of this series, as it peeks my interest. Love it.
Iesha
Aug 07, 2015 Iesha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wasnt a fan, the story didn't really move or engage me. I returned it.
Kimberly
Feb 01, 2015 Kimberly rated it did not like it
Oh my. This was awful but there's only two and I want to know the ending...
Gillian Dawson
2.5

Better than the short stories, but still not my thing.
Elsa
Aug 24, 2014 Elsa rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-gn
Pretty standard.
Laura (ローラ)
Pretty generic art and story that I just don't care why - he could possibly like this girl??? So much fantasy, without substance. Because their relationship has an abrupt change at the end of the volume, there is potential the story could become intriguing... but, I don't have much hope for it.
Bodea
Aug 20, 2015 Bodea rated it it was ok
Meh, nothing too great in terms of story. The art is nice. I got all 3 volumes recently as a gift so I'll be reading the second soon.
Theresa
Jul 11, 2016 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very happy and can't wait for volume 2!
garnetyuna
Dec 08, 2011 garnetyuna rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires, manga, shoujo
This review is for the Italian edition.
Melann
Aug 20, 2012 Melann rated it it was ok

Mouaich...
  • Honey So Sweet, Vol. 1
  • Komomo Confiserie 1
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 06 (Midnight Secretary, #6)
  • Millennium Snow (2-in-1), Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1 & 2
  • 純血+彼氏 4 [Junketsu + Kareshi 4]
  • Requiem of the Rose King, Vol. 1 (Requiem of the Rose King, #1)
  • QQ Sweeper 1 (QQ Sweeper, #1)
  • ゆかりズム 1 (Yukarism, #1)
  • Bloody Mary, Vol. 1

Mitsu Aji Blood (3 books)
  • Mitsu Aji Blood, Vol. 02