Start by marking “Kidnapping the Laird” as Want to Read:
Kidnapping the Laird

Kidnapping the Laird

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  284 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Catriona MacDonnell is a wife of convenience who discovers that she wants more from the handsome, sexy laird she had to marry.

Padruig Grant was not happy when his wife kicks him out of her bed, but his pride prevents him from returning to it. When Catriona takes matters...and her husband...into her own hands to claim the love they both deserve, should he resist her valian
Published February 24th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Kidnapping the Laird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kidnapping the Laird

Legally Wed by N.M. SilberThe Valentine Challenge by Marisa ClevelandHearts in Darkness by Laura KayeAnonymity by Amber Lea EastonDandy Day by Annie  Wood
Best Romance Novellas & Short Stories
101st out of 336 books — 420 voters
Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Duke's Match Girl - A Fiery Tale Novella by Lila DiPasquaA Mackenzie Family Christmas by Jennifer AshleyThe Governess Affair by Courtney Milan
Historical Romance Novellas
105th out of 177 books — 115 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen
My kind of highland tale. Very quick and easy to read but very enjoyable. I bought it cheaply as an ebook from Amazon but I have since read that it was originally published as part of the "Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance" which I have recently ordered from Book Depository.
Christine
A short but awesome read!

They were forced into a marriage to help both sides find peace. She is sick of him keeping some hot stuff on the side and decides to take matters into her own hand and try to make sure her marriage becomes much, much better.

Her way of doing this? Kidnapping her husband and telling him what she wants.

Of course there is seduction and true love underneath their forced marriage. This novel will keep you entertained. I truly loved the added characters of his brothers. They ma
Joan Osborne
Enjoyable short story

This was a fun story about an arranged marriage between rival clans that started off wrong and ended up right. Highly recommended.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Padruig and Catriona have been married for 4 months, but after a poor experience on their wedding night Cat has made it clear that he is no longer welcome in her bed. She wants a husband, a real marriage, and even love. The only way she can get him alone and possibly be intimate again, is to have his brothers kidnap him and take him to an abandoned cottage where Cat is waiting. A second chance to get it right. Good read!!
Maura
Ruth
What a wonderful little story! It's neatly self-contained, gives just enough detail to be in context and leaves you feeling happy. This is my idea of the perfect quickie story!
Maggi Hesseling
I'm not a big short story fan, but this one is really fun. How do you get your husband's attention when he seems to be so focused on his leman? In this case drastic measures might be in order, afterall he's a highland Laird.
Deanne
Cute , sweet , romantic highlander romance ,
I came across this novella as one of my free ebook I was able to download from my kobo .

Great story, great plot , but I wish that this short story was turned into a novel instead ..... other than being disappointing with the shortness of the story it was a great read..
Kelly Ann
I really liked this short novella and I liked how the herione kidnapped her husband. This has a great plot and in my opinion could have definitely been a full length novel. I will have to check into this author's other scottish historical romance novels.
Cat
I really enjoyed the way the writer delivered the story! It was a short sample, but I'd like very much to read more of her. The plot was interesting and at some points captivating! The heroine, Cat, is a brave young woman, with a lot of imagination!
Anna
Short novel about a woman who turns the tables on her Scottish husband by convincing his brothers to kidnap him for her so she can seduce him and try to make their marriage a real one. You go, girl!
Danielle Carpenter
This books is a short story about a woman who wants her husband to be a husband. Kidnapping is a way of life in Scotland in the 1300's, so she plans to kidnapp her husband to ransom her demands.
Donie Deaton
Typical of all the Highlander books, For anyone who liked the taste of novella and wants lots more look to the Outlander series and really step back in time...
Elena
cute short story, but should have been a real novel - when the idea is there, why not expand on it ?!
Nancy Lee Badger
Loved it! Funny and sexy, historical without slowing it down, another Terri Brisbin hit...in kilts!
Tegs
Yes, it was short but that was not what bothered me. It was the ending that disappointed me.
Carrie Felton
Good story! The way that it unfolded piece by piece was very well done.
Amanda
Nice and short. Loved that it was free on iTunes.
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Loved it!!! It was fun reading. I wish its longer
Juuli
Nice story. Shame it wasn't a novel.
Stephanie
A sweet short story.
KissingZombies
wonderful short story!!
SandraE
A quick amusing story.
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Sissy
Sissy marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
  • The Rebel (Highlander Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Reiver
  • Unwilling (The MacLauchlans, #2)
  • At Last
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #5)
  • X Marks the Scot (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #2)
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands #2)
  • Highland Barbarian (Highlander, #1)
  • Highland Lover (Scottish Knights Trilogy, #3)
  • Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2)
  • Seducing the Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #2)
  • Angel of Skye (MacPherson Clan, #1)
  • Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • The Daring Heart (The Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance Series, #3)
  • Plaid to the Bone (Spirit of the Highlands, #0.5)
  • Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1)
Terri Brisbin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author and three-time RWA RITA finalist, and has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 33 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin and Kensington Books. Now working on more romances for NAL/Signet and Harlequin, Terri has also ...more
More about Terri Brisbin...
Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1) Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3) His Enemy's Daughter Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2) The Maid of Lorne (Harlequin Historical, #786)