The Looks Book: A Whole New Approach to Beauty, Body Image, and Style

The Looks Book: A Whole New Approach to Beauty, Body Image, and Style

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  4 reviews
As exciting to look at as it is to read, The Looks Book is guaranteed to be a must-have book for teens and young women everywhere. A fascinating exploration of the history, culture, science, and business of beauty, this is also the first book to empower women to simply have fun with their looks. Throughout the book, real quotes from other looks-obsessed girls will help rea...more
Published October 29th 2002 by Penguin Books

Rebekah
[originally written Aug. 23, 2007]

The best book I've ever seen for teenage girls concerning appearance. I bought it for my 13-year-old sister after devouring it in the bookstore. It talks about how perception of beauty changes throughout time, body parts and how everyone is different, eating disorders, and pretty much everything that can affect looks.

Really, it's great for girls of all ages, but amazing for girls in their early teens figuring out how their bodies are changing. Wouldn't recommend...more
Elizabeth
If your like me, in love with beauty/style, but also very much a feminist, this is the book for you. I love how it includes the historical side to fashion, and different kinds of style(bombshell, diva, goth, hippie),but in a cool, not cliche, way. Gurl.com is also amazing and I highly recommend it! 4.5 stars.
Heather
This is a great book to help with writing. I primarly picked up this book because I loved the previous book by them "Gurl" was a blunt and much needed approach for a teenager learning about their sexuality, prospects, money, and life in general.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Iare
Iare added it
Jul 16, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Jun 28, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Cayla
Cayla marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Markiah
Markiah marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Theresa Williams
Theresa Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Tyeece
Tyeece added it
Aug 02, 2013
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 15, 2013
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Erica Flory
Erica Flory marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Ashton
Ashton marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL Where Do I Go from Here?: Getting a Life after High School