Start by marking “Management [With Access Code--Robbins Online Learning System]” as Want to Read:
Management [With Access Code--Robbins Online Learning System]

Management [With Access Code--Robbins Online Learning System]

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  210 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Robbins and Coulter's best-selling text demonstrates the real-world applications of management concepts and makes management come alive by bringing real managers and readers together. As it successfully integrates the various functions of management, the book establishes a dialogue with managers from a variety of fields. The authors examine managerial issues concerning def ...more
Published October 26th 2006 by Prentice Hall (first published July 2nd 1904)

Be the first to ask a question about Management [With Access Code--Robbins Online Learning System]

Cathy
Jul 18, 2009 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good business book
Raafat nagib
Mar 27, 2013 Raafat nagib rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Make a plan ...Set a goal ...work toward it ....just simple but hard
A great book for everyone not only for managers

Some words of the book::
-every organization needs a mission.
-To get where you want to be, do something you are afraid to do , get out of your comfort zone.
-Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
-we are creatures of habit..every day when you go school or work, probably go the same way.
-Always treat people how you want to be treated.
-Stress is not always bad.
- Things are ne
Shane
Jul 22, 2015 Shane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Ok, let's be honest. I would have never read this had it not been required for school. It's a textbook. It reads slightly better than some textbooks I've read, but it's still a textbook. Has some good insight into management, and some cool case studies.
Chen
Oct 24, 2015 Chen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbook
McGill, AGEC 242 - Management. Worst course ever! is it me or management is a study that translate simple words into difficult and confusing terminology. Nothing is really new, everything is just common sense.
Stephanie
Jan 17, 2016 Stephanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I read the Canadian version for a class I took at BCIT "Principles of Business Management". It was pretty interesting for a text book containing lots of examples from Canadian Businesses.
David
For its target audience, it's a pretty good book. It's primarily aimed at providing an overview of management principles and related topics. It's an attractive book with lots of diagrams (with some of them being overly complex) and what are good explanations and details about the topics addressed. It should be noted that this book focuses on the techniques and processes, rather than actual practice or the ethics of said practices. It also could use a bit more proofreading as there are bad typos ...more
Giomyr Faith
Mar 25, 2014 Giomyr Faith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great business book for starters! The topics are presented seamlessly and in full details. I also love the case studies.
Denny
May 15, 2015 Denny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Long but well thought out
Jiping
Read in 2008
Faisal Askani
Feb 09, 2015 Faisal Askani marked it as to-read
Class
Jul 13, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok
I was hoping this would provide guidance in management techniques, but it was more of an overview of general managment pronciples. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised since it was the textbook for my Principles of Management class, but most of the info provided seemed to me to be common sense. Not necesarily a bad book, but not exactly useful either.
Ellen Shirley
Jul 24, 2010 Ellen Shirley added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone who recently had a lobotomy
Obviously I was required to read this book, it served it's purpose, my favorite chapter was "Introduction to Controlling." Very helpful, very helpful indeed! The flowcharts are outstanding in instructing the proper behavior to obtain control over people, I might have one tattooed on my arm in case I forget.
Hugo
Oct 06, 2010 Hugo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maestria
Esta muy didactico y bien explicado, este libro te ayuda mucho con la teoria que maneja, que llega en gran cantidad.
Santiago
Dec 06, 2014 Santiago rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
excellent book for the student, it's really didactic!!
Enrique Hernandez
It is a good text book.
Ahmed Khairy
Ahmed Khairy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Solomon Kassibo
Solomon Kassibo is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2016
Yuan An
Yuan An marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Iva
Iva marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Balasubramanian Ananthan
Balasubramanian Ananthan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Karlos Vicent
Karlos Vicent marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Des
Des marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Rebecca Orton
Rebecca Orton rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Chavdar Atanasov
Chavdar Atanasov rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Robin Marroquin
Robin Marroquin marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Saliha
Saliha added it
May 02, 2016
Leo Nguyễn
Leo Nguyễn marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
  • Cold Calling Techniques 5th Edition
  • The Complete Beer Course: Boot Camp for Beer Geeks: From Novice to Expert in Twelve Tasting Classes
  • Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases
  • The Audacity of Hops: The History of America's Craft Beer Revolution
  • Operations Management
  • Marketing: An Introduction
  • The Young Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting and Running a Business: Turn Your Ideas into Money!
  • Analysis For Financial Management
  • The Top Ten: Writers Pick Their Favorite Books
  • Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Java: How to Program
  • 1001 Ways to Reward Employees
  • Financial Management: Theory and Practice
  • Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Quality, Productivity, and Employee Satisfaction
  • Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • The New Gold Standard: 5 Leadership Principles for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience Courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
  • Saved in Hope: Spe Salvi

“Power distance: the degree to which members of a society expect power to be unequally shared. Uncertainty avoidance: a society’s reliance on social norms and procedures to alleviate the unpredictability of future events. Assertiveness: the extent to which a society encourages people to be tough, confrontational, assertive, and competitive rather than modest and tender. Humane orientation: the degree to which a society encourages and rewards individuals for being fair, altruistic, generous, caring, and kind to others. Future orientation: the extent to which a society encourages and rewards future-oriented behaviors such as planning, investing in the future, and delaying gratification. national culture The values and attitudes shared” 0 likes