Start by marking “Storming Heaven” as Want to Read:
Storming Heaven

Storming Heaven

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,268 ratings  ·  17 reviews
War has been declared on America-and it begins with a cargo of explosives at a major U.S. airport.

"The best military adventure writer in the country today." (Clive Cussler)

"Brown is a superb storyteller." (W.E.B. Griffin)

"Brown puts readers right into the middle of the inferno." (Larry Bond)
Paperback, Alternate Cover 0425147231, 9780425147238, 474 pages
Published May 1995 by Berkley (first published July 13th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Storming Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storming Heaven

Bob Lee
This was written in 1994 and deals with a drug running terrorist who uses a transport plane to drop explosives on major airports. I had to keep pinching myself that this was before 9/11 and how unprepared we were to deal with this type of situation. The military in the novel has few planes deployed that can chase the terrorist wherever he pops up. They also have no right to shoot at a plane and no procedures for firing warning shots or trying to force the plane aside. The commercial flight tower ...more
If following a psychotic terrorist around the U.S. blowing up airports and continually miraculously escaping capture then this is the book for you. I enjoy an occasional espionage thriller, but this one bordered upon everything but reality. There was so much action and unrealism that it became mundane and boring. There could be much more editorial on the action in this book, but I feel that I would be describing a video game.
It was just OK in my book. Not my favorite genre. But it was a together-listen so it was OK.

This was a pretty standard Dale Brown thriller about a terrorist using non-military aircraft to attack the US. What I found particularly interesting was the similarity of some of the attacks to 9/11, though the book was written in 1994. The author's note at the beginning, dated 1994, describes the book as a work of fantasy, and "I hope it remains a fantasy."
Justin Katz
Just far too much Military jargon in this book. I honestly think it might have been 150 pages shorter had Brown left out all the procedures and processes. Had he done that though, he'd never have convinced you to read and see how all the little breakdowns and human error can snowball into the utter destruction in this story.
I've read and enjoyed several of Dale Brown's books and I can now add this book to the list. It's a nice page-turner. It is a bit frightening though to think that some of this might actually be possible. It makes me think twice about flying anywhere! I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys this type of story.
I like Dale Brown books. They are pure page-turners and I get to escape into a militaristic world where pretty much everyone's intentions are written on their sleeves. Not particularly complex, but enjoyable none-the-less.

I do prefer MacLanahan as the main character, though.
So I started this audio book and quickly realized I had already listened to it, but thought maybe i just started it, so I fast forwarded and it was all familiar. oh well. I even remember being in an airport while listening to part of it, I wonder where I was going.
Brett Tompkins
Good story. A bit slow in the beginning, setting the scene for the ending, but as it went on the pace picked up. Interesting that it was written before 9/11. A tad full of Brown's Air Force techno-babel, but I think that is what he is known for.
Written pre 9/11, it tells of terrorists that use the idea of airplanes as bombs to attach the US. For a fun read it kept me turning pages fast and I couldn't put it down.
The book I read was Storming Heaven by Kyle Mills, not Dale Brown. I enjoyed the suspense of this novel. A good read.
Written pre-9/11 so scary how close it is.
Toesnorth's mom
stupid and boring
jay seymour
jay seymour marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Florian marked it as to-read
David Bartek
David Bartek marked it as to-read
Frank Listello
Frank Listello marked it as to-read
Ambika Sharma
Ambika Sharma marked it as to-read
Rakend Sundaran
Rakend Sundaran marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Samantha Kelly
Samantha Kelly marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
  • The Red Horseman (Jake Grafton, #6)
  • The Enemy Within
  • Code of Honor (Scott Dixon, #5)
  • Phantom Leader (Wings of War, #3)
  • Firebreak (Matt Pontowski, #1)
  • Beyond Bin Laden: America and the Future of Terror
Former U.S. Air Force captain Dale Brown is the superstar author of eleven consecutive New York Times best-selling military-action-aviation adventure novels: FLIGHT OF THE OLD DOG (1987), SILVER TOWER (1988), DAY OF THE CHEETAH (1989), HAMMERHEADS (1990), SKY MASTERS (1991), NIGHT OF THE HAWK (1992), CHAINS OF COMMAND (1993), STORMING HEAVEN (1994), SHADOWS OF STEEL (1996) and FATAL TERRAIN (1997) ...more
More about Dale Brown...