Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales: 101 Inspirational Stories from Great Teachers and Appreciative Students” as Want to Read:

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales brings much-needed inspiration to teachers, and brings together great stories about teaching from the 2009 National Teacher of the Year and all the 2009 State Teachers of the Year, as well as other teachers and stories of thanks from students. A great teacher gift all year round.

There’s always that one special teacher or s
Published February 1st 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published February 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Ryne
I received this book as a gift. As a teacher, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I opened it. Since it was mostly contributed to by Teachers of the Year, would it feel like it had been processed too much by educational bureaucracy? Would it be inspiring? Would it be boring? Thankfully, the book turned out to very enjoyable overall and a very inspiring read for teachers.

Some of the stories in the book are downright heartbreaking, and one in particular ended on a flat note without the customa
Monera Bawany

Disclaimer:I'm full, no more soup for me!

Well, yet another spoon full of warm chicken soup! I did really enjoy some of the stories. The ones about the new teachers and all the mistakes they made in their first teaching post were especially great and not to mention super reassuring and funny! Since i'm only just testing the waters of this field,the personal stories warmed me up quite nicely. It only took baby-steps for these teachers to make a huge difference. The stories have made me realize th
Michelle Marcano
Chicken Soup: Teacher Tales is full of amazing stories sent in by teachers and students. What I Have enjoyed the most about these short stories and poems is that you can really hear voice while reading all these passages. Each story sent is unique in it's own way and each writer has a unique style. While I was reading all of these stories I could really hear these people talking through the events they wrote about. These are one of the book that really makes you laugh, cry, and smile page after ...more
Caroline
My mother is a teacher and so someone gave her this book. I had never read and of the chicken soups primarily because I was told I would cry my eyes out, but one day I just kind of picked this up without meaning to and before I realized it I was reading it. I liked it a lot too.
Erin
The stories from this book helped me remember my idealism from when I first embarked on my path in teaching, and gave me courage to continue. (Yes, that was sappy; it was pretty deliberate. If you don't like sappy, find another book.)
Christy
Loved the book. It just reminds me of all the great reasons one gets into teaching. Its okay with me that I will never get rich from my job, I feel rich in every way that counts!
Ashley
A wonderful book to read. A great reminder of why the teaching profession is a great and important one. I recommend this book to EVERYONE especially teachers.
Teresa
Quick stories, inspiring anecdotes, perspective...
This book is truly a delight to have around. I have re-read stories. Reminds me why I teach!
Aimee
I am constantly picking up this book and reading different passages since I bought it several years ago.
Fariza Nurbaya
bagus utk bacaan para guru. This book inspired me!!
jaylene
Cute little stories, good upbeat feel throughout
Genavieve
Genavieve marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Aileen
Aileen marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Alison Williamson
Alison Williamson is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Melissa Leasel
Melissa Leasel marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Welma La'anda
Welma La'anda is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Pterrell
Pterrell marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Kailee
Kailee marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Molly
Molly added it
Feb 12, 2015
Marlene Castro
Marlene Castro marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Kelly Namminga
Kelly Namminga marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
A Net
A Net marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Teach Like a Champion Field Guide: The Complete Handbook to Master the Art of Teaching
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
  • See Me After Class: Advice for Teachers by Teachers
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • Deculturalization and the Struggle for Equality: A Brief History of the Education of Dominated Cultures in the United States
  • Building Background Knowledge for Academic Achievement: Research on What Works in Schools
  • Why Are All the Good Teachers Crazy?
  • A Regular Guy: Growing Up With Autism
  • The Cart That Carried Martin
  • Girls Who Looked Under Rocks: The Lives of Six Pioneering Naturalists
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • The Deputy's New Family
  • Addictive Thinking: Understanding the Addictive Process and Compulsive Behavior
  • Positive Discipline in the Classroom,: Developing Mutual Respect, Cooperation, and Responsibility in Your Classroom

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)