Start by marking “Best New Horror” as Want to Read:
Best New Horror

Best New Horror

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Imogene is young and beautiful. She kisses like a movie star and knows everything about every film ever made. She's also dead and waiting in the Rosebud Theater for Alec Sheldon one afternoon in 1945. . . .

Arthur Roth is a lonely kid with big ideas and a gift for attracting abuse. It isn't easy to make friends when you're the only inflatable boy in town. . . .

Francis is un
Published February 3rd 2009 by William Morrow (first published October 16th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Best New Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best New Horror

Andrew Lennon
That was really good! I enjoyed it a lot!
Was really creepy, although I think if it was possible I would love to read "button boy" in full!
The thought of that story creeped the hell out of me!

All reviews can be found at
Jonathan Echevarria
Best New Horror was one of the few Joe Hill stories that wasn't completely for me. A big part of it appealed to me as a fan of the horror genre. As a kid I have always loved horror movies and they are a big part of my childhood. I was able to relate to the main protagonist named Eddie Carroll who longs for that "surprise" he use to feel watching horror movies when he was younger. The is something I have a problem with, whenever I go to see a new horror movie with hopes of being "surprised" or at ...more
Maggie Leroy
It gave me nightmares, not many stories are able to do that to me! Really loved this one!
Dione Basseri
Eddie makes his living from a cobbled-together writing income, and part of keeping on top of his game is reading a LOT of fiction. Which means he's seen it all, hates the common tropes, and is just gagging for something new and shocking. When he finds a story that finally gives him what he wants, it turns into an obsession, and Eddie sets out to meet the disturbed mind that fulfilled his dreams.

I like the somewhat circular nature of this story (you'll see when you read it). It feels like there's
absolutely chilling - couldn't sleep after reading it.
An amazingly creepy story that also reminds me of the horror comics of my youth. Really creepy.
Konrad Litwin
Very short but title very apt. I agree that button boy is the book that should have been written.
Jennifer Giles
This story haunts my dreams...infinitely creepy.
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Trevor L. White
Trevor L. White marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Mafalda Fernandes
Mafalda Fernandes marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Adam Vanzant
Adam Vanzant marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Stacia marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Susan Johnston
Susan Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Mashona marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Michelle Howe
Michelle Howe is currently reading it
Oct 07, 2015
Pamela marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Carolyn is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2015
Joy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Jennifer Wachowiak
Jennifer Wachowiak marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
H.M. Crawford
H.M. Crawford marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dead in the Water
  • Dread in the Beast
  • Whispers in the Night
  • Crying Girl, The
  • Final Hour (Short Story) (Kindle Single)
  • Grave Markings
  • The signalman & other ghost stories
  • The Blood of the Lamb
  • Stained
  • Black and Orange (Black & Orange, #1)
  • Golden & Grey: The Nightmares That Ghosts Have
  • Life Rage
  • 8 Pounds: Eight Tales of Crime, Horror, & Suspense
  • Prodigal Blues
  • The Dark House
  • Damnable
  • The Man on the Ceiling
  • Boogie Knights
Joseph Hillstrom King (born 1972) is an American writer of fiction, writing under the pen name of Joe Hill.

Hill is the the second child of authors Stephen King and Tabitha King. His younger brother Owen King is also a writer. He has three children.

Hill's first book, the limited edition collection 20th Century Ghosts published in 2005 by PS Publishing, showcases fourteen of his short stories and wo
More about Joe Hill...