Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 4: The Crooked Man and the Troll Witch (Hellboy, #7,10)

Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 4: The Crooked Man and the Troll Witch (Hellboy #7,10)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The oversized Hellboy Library hardcover series continues, featuring Mike Mignola and Richard Corben's award-winning Crooked Man story! Hellboy has racked up multiple Eisner Awards, numerous spinoffs, a novel line, video games, cartoons, and two feature films. Hellboy Library Volume 4 collects two complete trade-paperbacks full of short stories: The Troll Witch and Other St...more
Library Binding, 117 pages
Published June 28th 2011 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 4

Matt
May 01, 2013 Matt rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
This library edition truly stands out from the others. While Mignola may not be drawing all the stories anymore, the quality of the stories is as good and often better than many of the others that make up the Hellboy canon. There are so many exceptional short stories in here. And a lot of the stories are unique or at least unusual pieces, broadening the scope of Hellboy and giving it that depth and sense of an expansive history waiting to be explored that makes the whole series so enchanting. Th...more
Aaron
Here's the thing. This volume is not as good as the previous 3. Very little happens in the book that seems to resonate through the world Mignola has crafted. It feels like Hellboy has reached a point where now the stories are just stories, individual looks into the life of one of the most creative and original comic book characters ever created. But that isn't even remotely bad.

Each story in this collection is still brimming with the wit, style and plotting Mignola (and an assorted crew of artis...more
Brenton Nichol
This was the first Library edition of Hellboy containing any stories that I had not yet read; I don't keep up with the trade paperbacks these days and I certainly don't buy individual comic issues. That made this volume even better to open up. THis is also the point at which Mike Mignola ceases to be the only artist on Hellboy. I will say that, Mignola being my favorite comics artist, I was extremely wary of anyone else given the task of drawing Hellboy. Duncan Fegredo, who took over for Mignola...more
Renfield
Hellboy acompañado de P.Craig Rusell contando la historia de EL VAMPIRO DE PRAGA y de la leyenda Richard Corben para contar EL HOMBRE RETORCIDO y MAKOMA, una historia genial de brujas y la siguiente, basada en una hermosa leyenda africana.

Cito las palabras de Guillermo del Toro en la introducción:

-Si.Mike Mignola es un genio.

Orrin Grey
Tagging the Library Editions. Of all of them so far, I think this one might be my favorite. While not all the artwork is by Mignola, what there is numbers among his best stuff, and there are a lot of classic stories in here. Plus, in the Library Edition, they've been re-ordered so they read chronologically, which is fun.
Sam Wicked
This entire collection has an overall mythos feel to it more so than the first 3 Library Collections. It really adds a lot of character to an already well thought out idea. I recommend not only reading this but it's a must have for anyone's personal library.
Justin
The story Makoma was seriously one of the best stories I've read this year. It was so well done I can not get enough of this. It is so imaginative and the art work is incredible!
Paul
Very nice over-sized edition at an affordable price.
sixthreezy
I can't say enough about Mignola...
C.E. Murphy
Probably my favorite volume so far.
Sean
Jul 29, 2012 Sean added it
good
Russel Grundy
Russel Grundy marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Felix
Felix marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Alex Van
Alex Van marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
BakuDreamer
BakuDreamer marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Hafizuddien Ju
Hafizuddien Ju marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Lindsay Walker
Lindsay Walker marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Fernando
Fernando marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Mike Mignola was born September 16, 1960 in Berkeley, California and grew up in nearby Oakland. His fascination with ghosts and monsters began at an early age (he doesn't remember why) and reading Dracula at age 13 introduced him to Victorian literature and folklore from which he has never recovered.

In 1982, hoping to find a way to draw monsters for a living, he moved to New York City and began wo...more
More about Mike Mignola...
Hellboy, Vol. 1: Seed of Destruction (Hellboy, #1) Hellboy, Vol. 3: The Chained Coffin and Others (Hellboy, #3) Hellboy, Vol. 2: Wake the Devil (Hellboy, #2) Hellboy, Vol. 4: The Right Hand of Doom (Hellboy, #4) Hellboy, Vol. 5: Conqueror Worm (Hellboy, #5)