Start by marking “Cliff Falls” as Want to Read:
Cliff Falls

Cliff Falls

The night of his eighteenth birthday, Clay Grant, exploited child star of 80’s sitcom hit “Little Guy Mike”, disappears after a mysterious fire destroys the Hollywood studio backlot. Chased by the media and haunted by his past, he’s been on the run for fifteen years, until a fight with a determined photographer lands him in jail and ends his self-imposed exile.

Just when th
Nook, 256 pages
Published January 12th 2011 by Cliff Falls Media, Inc. (first published June 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cliff Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cliff Falls

Adetayo
Mar 23, 2014 Adetayo rated it it was amazing
When I started reading Cliff Falls, I was drawn into a wonderful story of fictional characters, living in seemly real places with very real problems. I immediately identified with Clay Grant, the former child star, who had been expected to live up to an image that was not who he really was, one that was created for him by others.

While being entertained, which included laughing out loud many times, I realized how much I was still like the painfully shy ninth-grader who had the moniker of "the sma
Suzanne Bowman
Mar 21, 2014 Suzanne Bowman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in one day! Couldn't put it down! I really felt like I was "watching" it as I read. Such great place descriptions, character development. I cried at the end! Bravo, C. B. Shiepe! Really liked the references to Stanford, The Dutch Goose, and other real places. I felt like I was back in CA in my old familiar territory.

Also love that the story features a mainstream "mega-church" AND a Catholic church, and that the major transformation happens for Clay at confession. I've heard too
Jacob Michael
Mar 24, 2014 Jacob Michael rated it it was amazing
I don't make time for reading...as much as I enjoy it, I just never force myself to sit down and do it. I found out about Cliff Falls from a friend and thought I'd start the first chapter and after a while would finish... then I started reading it, and just hours later I had finished it.

It goes without saying that I couldn't put it down. Few books capture my heart, or my imagination, like this one. I saw so much of my own self in the main character and at too many points found myself realizing m
Denise Landis
Apr 03, 2014 Denise Landis rated it it was amazing
Cliff Falls engrossed me immediately. I read virtually nonstop, turning each page with anticipation and was rewarded with deeply genuine insights. I have already read this book three times and get more out of it each time. The question C.B. Shiepe poses is not only: "What happens when you run into everything you've been running from?" but what can happen in your life when you dare to risk believing...believing in yourself, in others, and in God. Cliff Falls is a must read. Its symbolism is rich ...more
Greg Parker
Mar 25, 2014 Greg Parker rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I could see myself in some of the characters and relate to the issues that they were struggling with. While not experiencing the same things as they did, I could relate with my own story...always a good thing when reading a book. I am not one to give books away but this one I cannot seem to hold onto. I have given multiple copies to friends and each has enjoyed it as much as I did. Totally worth a read!
Cece Goddard
Jul 01, 2013 Cece Goddard rated it it was amazing
I may be a little biased, as I've known the author since childhood. After seeing an interview of his on TV, I felt compelled to read it. The message that I am the beloved daughter of God, was so special. I enjoyed this book, and the way it made me feel about my flawed self.
Jeff
Jan 22, 2014 Jeff rated it really liked it
A quick read about a former child star down on his luck who finds a true purpose and meaning for his life. Plot is fairly straight forward and the characters are not complex, but the message of the book is clear. Life is full of ups and downs, but if you have faith and persevere you will be rewarded.
Dannemart
Apr 02, 2014 Dannemart rated it it was amazing
This is a relatively simple book to read, on the surface. The story is easy to follow, the characters seems predictable, and you can get through it in an afternoon. However it has layers of deep implications once you take the time to process it. Which the author was willing to give and engage with me. Great book for a discussion group or class! Thanks, Cliff, for your time.
Daniel
Sep 29, 2013 Daniel rated it did not like it
The first chapter was so cliched and uninteresting that I couldn't bring myself to read the book.
C.B. Shiepe
Mar 20, 2014 C.B. Shiepe rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Jessica
Apr 08, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
3.5/5
C.B. Shiepe
Mar 20, 2014 C.B. Shiepe rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Patty Whitney
Patty Whitney rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Kelli Powers
Kelli Powers rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2011
Yvonne Flint
Yvonne Flint rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2015
Kathy S Stauffer
Kathy S Stauffer rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Crystal Matthews
Crystal Matthews rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Kathee
Kathee rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2013
Shanna
Shanna rated it it was ok
Diane
Diane rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2014
Angie Rowe
Angie Rowe rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2012
Bbutcher
Bbutcher rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2011
Jeff Miller
Jeff Miller rated it liked it
Marsha
Marsha rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Cameron
Cameron rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2011
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2012
Linda Loce
Linda Loce marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Cassandra Javier
Cassandra Javier marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Reba
Reba marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Ella Dominguez
Ella Dominguez marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Esteban Santacroce
Esteban Santacroce marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Katrin
Katrin marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Geraldine
Geraldine marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Vanessa Dutra
Vanessa Dutra marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Sharon Rozier
Sharon Rozier marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Mari Hamill
Mari Hamill marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Bridgette Brigham
Bridgette Brigham marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Cliff “CB” Shiepe, says “Going over the falls will change you, but how it changes you changes everything.”

CB Shiepe’s award-winning novel – CLIFF FALLS – is reaching a broad audience and continues to resonate with readers who have gone over the falls in their own lives. For that he is grateful.

Child Star Advocate Paul Petersen called it “Absolutely the best book on the Child Star Syndrome.” Shiep
More about C.B. Shiepe...

“The only words that matter flow from the cracks in our spirit, through the breaches in our resolve.” 0 likes