Start by marking “Happy Marriage ?!, volume 4” as Want to Read:
Happy Marriage ?!, volume 4

Happy Marriage ?!, volume 4 (Happy Marriage?! #4)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,348 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Bien que tout ait commencé par un contrat de mariage arrangé, Chiwa est réellement tombée amoureuse de Hokuto, mais elle se refuse à le lui avouer tant que ses sentiments ne seront pas partagés. En visite dans la famille de son mari pour le nouvel an, elle se retrouve confrontée à la réalité de la vie de Hokuto, en tant qu'enfant illégitime au sein de la famille Mamiya. ...more
Published March 24th 2011 by Kazé (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Marriage ?!, volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Marriage ?!, volume 4

Raquel
Nov 30, 2012 Raquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I cannot express how much I squealed and throttled my pillow when Hokuto exposed the sweet, gentle, and imposing side of him. But I did.

(view spoiler)
Gobokairina
Dec 02, 2014 Gobokairina rated it really liked it
Antara siri yang menarik aku rasa. Yalah, dari siri pertama hingga masuk yang keempat, ha baru inilah ada perkembangan baik buat Chiwa dan Hokuto. Kiranya dalam siri ni tak putus-putus aku tersenyum dengan telatah mereka.

Akhirnya, love starts to bloom. Yeayyy! Ingat senang masing-masing nak mengaku isi hati? Pheww... berbaloi-baloi rasanya jadi ‘kawan baik’ dengan pakcik lappy semenjak kebelakangan ni. Okayy, next Vol. hoho~~
Dana Al-Basha
Oct 05, 2016 Dana Al-Basha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is my favorite volume so far! A LOT happens! First they fight, second Chiwa gets kidnapped, Hokuto rescues her, he gets injured and goes to the hospital, Chiwa decides to resign again and gets a divorce, she goes back to her father's house, Hokuto gets her back, they say "I love you"s and after his work trip they finally consummate their marriage and make love.

The bonus story is so cute about how Hokuto meets Chiwa and his feelings towards her.
Kara
Jun 14, 2016 Kara rated it it was amazing
FINALLY!
Amy
Aug 21, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
All I can say is Hubba Hubba lol!
Shasha
Mar 25, 2016 Shasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOOOOOD.
Courtney
Kind of weird. There's several volumes left, but this feels like it's the end of the series. (view spoiler)

It was a little over the top - Chiwa actually gets kidnapped in this one - but I guess something needs to add drama.
Shannon
Oh my god. I don’t even know where to start with this. It was just really bad. I thought that the previous volume was boring as hell, but this one had the opposite problem. The drama was just too much, so over the top and cheesy. The only way this would have been good was if it had been written as a spoof or comedy. There’s this scene where Hokuto’s family (view spoiler) and it’s honestly the most pointless thing ever. Basically, (view spoiler) ...more
Cat
Mar 15, 2015 Cat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
review for entire series v1-10

For a josei title, HM is pretty tame IMO, not in a bad way but if you like the more adult themes, "naughtiness" or darker aspects of other josei titles, HM will probably come off as more of a shoujo work to you.

One thing that I enjoy about it is that the male main character (Hokuto) isn't shortsighted in various emotions nor is he a total cardboard cutout figure. In the beginning of the story he completely comes off that way and I really started to wonder if he was
Patricia
This series was recommended to me by someone on MangaUpdates, I think, when I asked for "classic" Josei.

I'll copypaste the following part to all my reviews of this manga, because my main point of critic remains the same: It's annoyingly sexist, to the point where the male MC tells the heroine to shut up or else he rapes her. It was said jokingly, while they were both lying in bed, but seriously, while there are most certainly a lot of words to express what I think of it, I decide to just keep it
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Judy (Geeky Reading)
Sep 08, 2014 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
~4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

There was a surprising turn of events near the beginning of the volume, but then around the middle it got rough, as Chiwa made a very clichéd decision. It got on my nerves, as it’s such an overused, unneeded plot point, and it was resolved in very little time. I can see the meaning of it for this story, and for Chiwa (kind of, I guess), but I still don’t really think it was necessary.

The ending of the volume, or the last two chapters, though, made up for
Jamie
Sep 21, 2014 Jamie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manwha
Huge turning points finally happen in this volume! Oh and a forewarnign of lots of smut in this volume. That combined with a kidnapping made this a fairly intense volume!

After Chiwa's outburst at Hokuto's family (see volume 3) things sem to go back to normal. But that created peace is not meant to last. Chiwa is kidnapped and a Hokuto must pay a price to get her back. Chiwa really begins to understand some of Hokuto's responsibility in this volume. So growing, learning, sacrifice and tension!

The
Online Eccentric Librarian
Happy Marriage Volume 4 Continues the story of Hokuto and Chiwa and the aftermath of Chiwa having met Hokuto's crazy family. She's sure after her declaration of love for Hokuto in front of the family that he also shares the same feelings. But doubt creeps in as he spends most of his time at the office instead of at home. It will take a kidnapping before Chiwa begins to accept his feelings enough to want to consummate their 'fake' marriage.

In all, this volume furthers the story and ends a first m
Anisa
May 30, 2014 Anisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, manga
This was by far my favourite volume. (view spoiler) ...more
Emy
Jan 29, 2016 Emy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, josei-manga
In order to help her father out of debt, Chiwa agrees to an arranged marriage with Hokuto, the president of the company she works at.

Well, a lot happened in this volume! In places it was a little over-the-top dramatic ((view spoiler)), but then again it was not unbelievable. I think the drama needed to happen to push Hokuto and Chiwa closer together, though, especially where Hokuto is concerned. He is not very good at showing his true feelings.

And also, oh! So that
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Ti amo.Non riesco a separarmi da te.Non voglio trascorrere una vita di cui tu non fai parte.... non andare più da nessuna parte!"

Wow wow wow! Questo volume è la realizzazione di un sogno per Chiwa...e per la sottoscritta XD Tocchiamo il culmine della passione e del romanticismo, finalmente le barriere di entrambi cedono, i nodi vengono al pettine e per la prima volta riescono a parlare di ciò che provano a cuore aperto, dando all'altro tutto di sé emotivamente e fisicamente! *ç* Il cambiamento
Miss
Jul 02, 2015 Miss rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
the funny thing about chiwa is that we're technically the same age but the more i read about her the more i feel the way i do when i see a teenager dramatically imploding. my child, let me lead you to another path. it is a beautiful path where you don't freak out and call for a divorce because circumstances that were in no way your fault might have cost him a business deal!!!

seriously, chiwa love, at some point we're going to have to sit down and have a chat about your relationship with your hus
Bbabri
Jul 02, 2014 Bbabri rated it it was amazing
Újraolvasás.

Ez a rész igazán szívmelengető volt. A házassági válság és elhagyás után Chiwa végre révbe ért.
Nem gondoltam volna, hogy ebben a részben végre sikerül a párosnak. Mindig megzavarták őket, és már úgy gondoltam, hogy soha nem fognak kifogni egy jó időpontot... De végre sikerült nekik.

A válság, ami beállt a kapcsolatukba az kellett, hogy még jobban összekovácsolja őket, és hogy Hokuto végre ráébredjen, hogy mit érez Chiwa iránt.

Igazi érzelmi hullámvasút volt ez a kötet, de a jobb fajtáb
Holly Letson
Another quick read, I cannot express how much I enjoy this light and fluffy series. It's really nice to see them finally accepting one another and the marriage, and becoming more like an actual married couple. I would recommend this series to anyone who likes romance.
----------------
This volume was provided to me as an eManga by VIZ Media, via Edelweiss, in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are my own.
Meghan Coffey
Jul 20, 2015 Meghan Coffey rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I think this series is becoming a guilty pleasure. It's not a fantastic read and I can find several things I don't like about it, but it's weirdly addicting? It's chick lit I guess. Not fantastic, not terrible, but terribly addicting because who doesn't enjoy a cheesy romance every now and again, right? I just wish Chiwa wasn't so annoying... Also, there was a mature scene in this one, so I wouldn't recommend to anyone under the age of 17.
Galleane
Nov 24, 2015 Galleane rated it really liked it
Ce couple est vraiment impayable. C'est un vrai festival, les comportements changent sans arrêt, ça s'engueule, ça se papouille, ça se fait des mamours, ça s'aboie dessus, bref ça fait partie de leur charme. Que les choses soient devenue bien plus claires est agréable et le tome se conclut en apothéose. Encore un bon tome qui m'a obligé à enchaîner avec le tome suivant.

Ma chronique complète : http://bloggalleane.blogspot.fr/2015/...
Jessica
Aug 03, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, online
aihh , i don't like weak woman who keeps saying she's sorry. damn it, isn't there any days you never say sorry to your husband? and why this Mamiya guy is sooooo stone head that never want to listen to what others say?? even when people concern about him, he only cares about himself. wanna kick him every time he slapped the girl. what the, are you double personality? after slapping her and you hug her and don't want to separate from her? i'm quite sick of it.
Maritza "Books y Booty" Valle
How do I keep reviewing these? How am I even still reading?

Because I am not a quitter. That's how. (Really, that's why.)

It's still somewhat entertaining, getting better (or maybe my bar is just lowering?). I'm going to try and blow through the last 6 editions just to have finished it and no longer worry.

(Best Guess: they end up happy and with babies.)
Sissy
May 19, 2016 Sissy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Hokuto really stepped it up in this volume. Good grief. He may end up my favorite shoujo hero if this keeps up.

There are some regressive moments in the story-line and Chiwa can be a challenge. The author doesn't stretch out those moments and the situation gets resolved so I never feel like I have to linger on annoying stuff. Seriously, though, Hokuto... He's a dream.
Janis Kay
Jan 12, 2014 Janis Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I'm afraid to go further... lol cuz I know that the next six volumes will be filled with a roller coaster soap opera. So yeah, I won't be picking this up for a while. I really liked this, it's adorably hilarious because it's so lightheartedly serious (really like those adverb-adjective combos), but I just can't put myself through that kind of drama ><
Mel (booksandsundry)
So despite the 1 star I gave book 1, I read on. It has improved and come to a reasonable resolution at this point. I'm continuing but it will depend on how they continue the relationship as to whether I'll stick around.
Anaee
Jul 09, 2015 Anaee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was so so so good. It was intense and cute and adorable and funny all at the same time. Hokuto and Chiwa are so cute together. Can't help but love them and their relationship, good and hard times included.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
The series I wasn't sure about. But I like some romance manga. And this one isn't that bad. The art is good. The characters as the series goes along, become characters.
Patrisha
Mar 28, 2015 Patrisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ma quanto amo questo manga? Le scene tra i protagonisti bellissime. Storia deliziosa.
Da non perdere.
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 03 (Midnight Secretary, #3)
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 03
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 3 (Butterflies, Flowers, #3)
  • Demon Love Spell, Vol. 3
  • Mars, Volume 13
  • フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11]
Maki Enjōji is a Japanese manga artist. Some of her works, such as Happy Marriage!? and Private Prince, have been published in French and German by Kazé and Tokyopop. Editorial Ivrea has released the Spanish version of Private Prince in 2011, which is still ongoing. Happy Marriage!? will be published in English under VIZ Media’s Shojo Beat imprint on 6 August 2013.
More about Maki Enjoji...

Happy Marriage?! (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • はぴまり~Happy Marriage!?~ (1) (Happy Marriage?!, #1)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, Vol. 02
  • Happy Marriage ?!, Vol. 03
  • Happy Marriage ?!, volume 5
  • はぴまり~Happy Marriage!?~ (6) (Happy Marriage?!, #6)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, volume 7