Start by marking “Metacognitive Therapy for Anxiety and Depression” as Want to Read:
Metacognitive Therapy for Anxiety and Depression

Metacognitive Therapy for Anxiety and Depression

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This groundbreaking book explains the "whats" and "how-tos" of metacognitive therapy (MCT), an innovative form of cognitive-behavioral therapy with a growing empirical evidence base. MCT developer Adrian Wells shows that much psychological distress results from how a person responds to negative thoughts and beliefs--for example, by ruminating or worrying--rather than the c ...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Guilford Publications (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Metacognitive Therapy for Anxiety and Depression, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metacognitive Therapy for Anxiety and Depression

Htb2050
Amazing book. This form of therapy seems closer to the stoic approach and that our thoughts are not the representative of actual reality and that they can be wrong sometimes. This book is alone worth it for the attention training technique.
L Adlem
I admit I didn't read it all, it is not written for lay people and there are many detailed studies and terminologies that went over my head.
I read the parts that is pertinenet to me, i.e. how to apply metacognitive thinking to my thoughts to avoid descending into depression. Those sections are described clearly enough for anybody to follow.

Although it was difficult to read, I am benefitting a lot from the methods and I won't put the book away: I mean to keep it on my bedside table to dip into w
Gorm
Gorm marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Ida
Ida is currently reading it
Jan 07, 2015
Milena Slivoska
Milena Slivoska marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Menar
Menar added it
Dec 27, 2014
elusivesweet530
elusivesweet530 marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Alex Evans
Alex Evans marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Anthony Arvanitakis
Anthony Arvanitakis marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
A.al-hashemi
A.al-hashemi marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Polly
Polly marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Anbuarasi
Anbuarasi marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Adeel
Adeel added it
Apr 07, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
M.
M. marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Scott Kerby
Scott Kerby is currently reading it
Jan 09, 2014
Kasper
Kasper marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Masha Platonova
Masha Platonova marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Cognitive Therapy of Anxiety Disorders Emotional Disorders and Metacognition: Innovative Cognitive Therapy Erotica Shorts: Part One While She Sleeps: Short Erotica Into The Night (Short Erotica)