Start by marking “Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17) ” as Want to Read:
Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17)

Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17) (Murder, She Wrote #17)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In her seventeeth book adventure, bestselling author Jessica Fletcher travels to provence for some haute cuisine, and becomes embroiled in a culinary murder mystery.
Published April 1st 2002 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17)

Christine
Beth
A light, fun mystery in the MSW series. This time Jessica is on vacation in Provence, France after swapping houses with a friend there. She becomes embroiled in a mystery when a master chef at a cooking class she has been attending is killed. The book includes interesting details about truffle hunting and the Michelin restaurant rating system.
Berry
[As always, this rating is relevant only to this corner of fiction: MSW "novels" and others based on TV shows. Obviously with these mass market, pop fic, "readables" I don't consider the quality of the prose or anything.]

Okay. So I'm addicted to this show. Extremely. Pathetically. I've even read about half a dozen of these books. They're the kind of books you can bring to - not even the beach - a really loud and obnoxious public pool. At least the ones I've read. Maybe there are some that more
Sara
Really fun to read. I loved the TV program which was based on these stories.
Clayton
This was my grandmother's favorite television show. She also read every one of these books she could find. So, I inherited them and have to say that they are pretty good for light mystery reading. I dont really know why Bain makes Jessica Fletcher so reserved in such pointed ways regarding her diet, abstinence, and need to go to bed early in all the books, but having seen the show a few times, it is fun hearing Angela Lansbury's voice in my head when I read the dialogue.
Anita
One of the best Murder, She Wrote mysteries I've read.
Shannon Renee
This again is comfort reading. Jess is familiar and comfy. It makes way for a good time. I had no idea she spoke French, but it shouldn't suprise me. What can't she do? :)

I like this series because it doen't matter what book you read, like the television show, they are all self contained stories.
Susan
Such a great series. The suspense of whom the murderer was ran to the end. I also learned quite a bit about Provence and the French judicial system. The author so vividly describes the scenes, it's easy to be immersed. Looking forward to hearing the entire series!
Alicia
I am a fan of all of the "Murder She Wrote" books. They are a fun and light read. If you have never read these books before, don't expect a deep book or anything like Agatha Christie or Mary Higgins Clark. These books are more like Janet Evanovich novels.
Gobnait
This book was pretty good. It is the first Jessica Fletcher book that I have ever read. I like the show, so I thought that I would give it a try. It wasn't quite as good as I had expected that it would be.
Lisa
The story was ok but not big into books that have a lot of foreign names and words and this book has a bit of French in it. Makes it a bit harder for me to read.
Dale
cute BS pb-- Jessica house swaps and goes to Provence Italy where she take a cooking class and befriends young American girl Mallory
Katie
A nice breezy read. These are nice to have around when you have a free day to read. I also like re-living the TV show!
Jane(Janelba)
Delightful murder mystery set in Provence, France. Quite a good portrayal of French village life.
Joyce Datz
Like the show, Jessica does not disappoint you, very entertaining and a quick read!
Enjoy!
Sarah Jowett
It was okay... didn't really like France so I guess it's a good thing I've never been ha.
Richard
Bookk # 1 read during my hospitalization and rehab this past summer.
Khaliza Khalid
Great page turner. Easy and fast read.
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Amy Hill
Amy Hill marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Patricia Widup
Patricia Widup marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Leeann J.
Leeann J. marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Gracezilla
Gracezilla marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
The Women's Myste...: #17 Provence - To Die For 1 2 Aug 10, 2013 12:03AM
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Grins and Bears It (Gertie Johnson #2)
  • Died Blonde (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #6)
  • A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery, #9)
  • The Case of the Hesitant Hostess (A Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Icing on the Corpse (Pawsitively Organic Mysteries #3)
  • Monument to the Dead (Museum, #4)
  • The Silence of the Library (Cat in the Stacks, #5)
  • Borrowed Crime: A Bookmobile Cat Mystery
  • Paws for Murder (Pet Boutique #1)
  • Begging for Trouble (Dog Walker Mysteries, #4)
Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and published by the New American Library. The author credit for the novels is shared with the fic
More about Jessica Fletcher...

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Deadly Judgment (Murder, She Wrote, #6)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)
Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1) Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2) A Little Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11) Trick or Treachery (Murder, She Wrote, #14) Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)