Start by marking “Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17) ” as Want to Read:
Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17)

Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17) (Murder, She Wrote #17)

In her seventeeth book adventure, bestselling author Jessica Fletcher travels to provence for some haute cuisine, and becomes embroiled in a culinary murder mystery.
Published April 1st 2002 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Provence - To Die For (Murder, She Wrote, #17)

Tom
Jun 02, 2016 Tom rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
just like the show. Good fun. I like how the characters in the book call her out on her pushy busybody ways.
Christine
Sep 04, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, travel
Beth
Feb 02, 2014 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light, fun mystery in the MSW series. This time Jessica is on vacation in Provence, France after swapping houses with a friend there. She becomes embroiled in a mystery when a master chef at a cooking class she has been attending is killed. The book includes interesting details about truffle hunting and the Michelin restaurant rating system.
Berry
Oct 17, 2010 Berry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[As always, this rating is relevant only to this corner of fiction: MSW "novels" and others based on TV shows. Obviously with these mass market, pop fic, "readables" I don't consider the quality of the prose or anything.]

Okay. So I'm addicted to this show. Extremely. Pathetically. I've even read about half a dozen of these books. They're the kind of books you can bring to - not even the beach - a really loud and obnoxious public pool. At least the ones I've read. Maybe there are some that more
Sara
Really fun to read. I loved the TV program which was based on these stories.
Jen
Jan 07, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! The way the French was mingled into the dialogue, it didn't slow the flow at all.
Pat
Jan 07, 2015 Pat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Good
Clayton
This was my grandmother's favorite television show. She also read every one of these books she could find. So, I inherited them and have to say that they are pretty good for light mystery reading. I dont really know why Bain makes Jessica Fletcher so reserved in such pointed ways regarding her diet, abstinence, and need to go to bed early in all the books, but having seen the show a few times, it is fun hearing Angela Lansbury's voice in my head when I read the dialogue.
Anita
Nov 19, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Murder, She Wrote mysteries I've read.
Shannon Renee
May 22, 2012 Shannon Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: murder-she-wrote
This again is comfort reading. Jess is familiar and comfy. It makes way for a good time. I had no idea she spoke French, but it shouldn't suprise me. What can't she do? :)

I like this series because it doen't matter what book you read, like the television show, they are all self contained stories.
Susan
Such a great series. The suspense of whom the murderer was ran to the end. I also learned quite a bit about Provence and the French judicial system. The author so vividly describes the scenes, it's easy to be immersed. Looking forward to hearing the entire series!
Alicia
Jan 01, 2014 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of all of the "Murder She Wrote" books. They are a fun and light read. If you have never read these books before, don't expect a deep book or anything like Agatha Christie or Mary Higgins Clark. These books are more like Janet Evanovich novels.
Autumn
Aug 13, 2015 Autumn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty good. It is the first Jessica Fletcher book that I have ever read. I like the show, so I thought that I would give it a try. It wasn't quite as good as I had expected that it would be.
Lisa
Nov 10, 2008 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was ok but not big into books that have a lot of foreign names and words and this book has a bit of French in it. Makes it a bit harder for me to read.
Dale
Jul 13, 2009 Dale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute BS pb-- Jessica house swaps and goes to Provence Italy where she take a cooking class and befriends young American girl Mallory
Katie
Jul 05, 2010 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice breezy read. These are nice to have around when you have a free day to read. I also like re-living the TV show!
Jane(Janelba)
Delightful murder mystery set in Provence, France. Quite a good portrayal of French village life.
Joyce Datz
Jan 20, 2008 Joyce Datz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the show, Jessica does not disappoint you, very entertaining and a quick read!
Enjoy!
Sarah Jowett
Apr 26, 2013 Sarah Jowett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was okay... didn't really like France so I guess it's a good thing I've never been ha.
Richard
Nov 12, 2011 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bookk # 1 read during my hospitalization and rehab this past summer.
Khaliza Khalid
Dec 02, 2014 Khaliza Khalid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great page turner. Easy and fast read.
Pat
Nov 21, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Jessica.
Vivian Bales
Vivian Bales rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
R.
R. marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Happy Reader
Happy Reader marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Melynn Hall
Melynn Hall marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
The Women's Myste...: #17 Provence - To Die For 1 2 Aug 10, 2013 12:03AM
  • By Hook or By Book (Megan Clark, #2)
  • A Wicked Way to Burn (Bracebridge Mystery, #1)
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • Shadows At The Fair (Antique Print, #1)
  • The Lies of Fair Ladies (Lovejoy, #15)
  • Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #2)
  • Perish by Pedicure (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #8)
  • So Faux, So Good (Den of Antiquity, #4)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • The Tidal Poole (Elizabeth I, #2)
  • The Case Of The Phantom Fortune
  • Murder Talks Turkey (Gertie Johnson, #3)
  • The Ghost and Mrs. Mewer (Paws and Claws Mystery, #2)

Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and publi
More about Jessica Fletcher...

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Deadly Judgment (Murder, She Wrote, #6)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)