Start by marking “The Hidden Jewel: Amy Carmichael (Trailblazer Books #4)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Jewel: Amy Carmichael (Trailblazer Books #4)

The Hidden Jewel: Amy Carmichael (Trailblazer Books (Chronological))

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From the moment he and his mother arrived from England, everything about India shouted adventure to fourteen-year-old John Knight. Crowds of people swarmed in the streets, temple elephants paraded about, monkeys scolded at passers-by--this was easily the most exciting place John had ever been. If only his father, a British government official sent to south India in 1909, w ...more
Published March 1st 1992 by Bethany House (first published February 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Jewel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Jewel

Christine
This is a fun series for the kids to read. They're short and provide some interesting information about some historical figures although it's a fictional story line. I think they're good read alouds if you're looking for something quick, interesting, and filled with situations to talk about faith and decision making. We'll continue with the series. I also like that each book in the series stands alone. No worries about having to read them in order.
Heather Hartman
I liked this biography, because it really focused on an event on Amy Carmichael's life and those that surrounded her. So it was not like reading the same stuff I had already read. It was an more of an in depth account of a certain period. I read it for a girls book club I am doing with my oldest and enjoyed the vivid picture it painted of India and her culture.
h
Jun 05, 2009 h added it
Shelves: kidslit
Good thing whitey shows up to protect Hindu girls from child marriage, thank God for the British, pip pip, let's Save the Pagans.

The most glaring error was the Indian couple who wear white at their wedding, the color for mourning.

Stereotypical portrayals, although the writing style isn't bad.
Cassie
Fun to read to the girls. The children enjoyed learning about Amy Carmichael and the culture of India. This was a well written story, and we look forward to reading other Trailblazer books.
Reader
An english boy helps Amy Carmichael rescue an indian girl named Jewel from being forced to become a child bride(a child forced to mary an adult).
Jones Family
It made me want to go to India and do what Amy Carmichael was doing . It was great!
John Yelverton
A decent historical fiction book about Amy Carmichael and her missionary work.
Leo
Dec 01, 2008 Leo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anybody!!!!
This book is so awesome!
Andrea
Andrea added it
Dec 26, 2014
Bt
Bt added it
Dec 10, 2014
Potterhead Forever
Potterhead Forever marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Brianna Siegrist
Brianna Siegrist marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Lena
Lena added it
Oct 29, 2014
Crissy
Crissy marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
amy nicole
amy nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Jenny
Jenny added it
Oct 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Mandie and Her Missing Kin (Mandie Books, 25)
  • Winged Raiders of the Desert (Seven Sleepers, #5)
  • Eric Liddell: Something Greater Than Gold
  • The Tombs of Anak (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #3)
  • Millie's Reluctant Sacrifice (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #7)
  • The Disappearing Stranger (Adventures of the Northwoods #1)
Dave and Neta Jackson are a full-time husband/wife writing team who have authored and co-authored many books on marriage and family, the church, relationships, and other subjects. Their books for children include the TRAILBLAZER series and Hero Tales, volumes I,II, III, and IV. The Jacksons make their home in Evanston, Illinois.
More about Dave Jackson...
Imprisoned in the Golden City Harry Bentley's Second Chance Lucy Come Home (A Yada Yada Journey of Hope) Kidnapped by River Rats Hero Tales