3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  937 ratings  ·  115 reviews
It was one last mission. Shannon, a demon hunter with the agency, is looking forward to leaving behind the small town and the vampire she’s been stuck with for the past two years. Things are getting complicated fast and she wants out. A fresh start, free of her vampire partner, awaits her if she can survive their final mission and the lonely Christmas holidays.

It was one l...more
Published November 2nd 2010

Kathie (katmom)
Yes, I know, Christmas is about 11.5 months away! But I like to read Christmas stories all year long, and this short story (87 pages) is a good one.

While we didn't get all the details about just who these people work for, I thought there was "enough" for us to get a clear picture of who the players are. I actually hope that we see more of the "agency" and more of these two.

The slime monster was interesting. Reminded me of Ghostbusters, and I did laugh, just a bit.

The UST between these two was o...more
Ollie
This was a quick read but it was satisfying as it left me with a smile on my face. Rafe and Shannon have worked with each other as partners and during that time Rafe's feelings for Shannon has increased and he wishes that Shannon will sees him as more then he is; her partner and a vampire. Shannon tries to keep an emotional distance from Rafe because of her inability to let the past from haunting her. The developing passion that slowly erodes the walls around Shannon's heart was beautiful becaus...more
Laurie (Bitten by Romance)
Very satisfying short holiday novella, I really enjoyed ever minute of it. This is going to be a short review because the book description says enough already, so I wont be going to spoil any detail of the story. I enjoyed reading the story and both Rafe and Shannon as characters. There is more story then sex, but once you get to the sex its hot. You’ll also find a hot shower scene. I would suggest this book to anyone that reads paranormal romance or erotic romance.
Arianna
I thought that this would be an interesting book because of the cover and because it would be a paranormal romance, but I found this book to be quite boring. When I started off reading this book I found no parts particularly inresting and as I continued to read this book I lost more and more interest in this book. After a few chapters I gave up on reading further into this book.
Anna-marie Buchner
Vampire for Christmas

What happens when you partner a Demon Hunter with a Vampire? Not telling you. You’ll just have to read this enjoyable Novella released for the holidays. But I will give you a smidgen of the story.

Shannon was employed by the Agency as a Demon Hunter after an attack on her and her family by a Vampire which left her entire family dead.

Rafe is also employed by the Agency and was brought on to see if he could be reformed. You see Rafe is a Vampire and did what Vampire’s do, hun...more
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
Having read Winters Kiss, I decided to find another Felicity Heaton book to see if she is a consistently good writer, and came across 'Vampire for Christmas' as a free download so thought I would give it a try as the previous book by her was so good. I thought this was a good storyline, with a clear build up of the situation and exploration of the characters history. It gave enough for the reader to understand the plot and reactions of the characters and had enough action and romance to keep me...more
Shannon is a demon hunter and has been working reluctantly with vampire Rafe as her partner for the last 2 years. She just has one last mission to get through before she can move on to her new assignment on the other side of the country and will never have to see him again. It hasn't been easy for Rafe to work alongside Shannon, especially since he started falling for her, so he is determined to use this last mission to convince her they belong together. Will he be able to manage it or will he h...more
Kelly
I really enjoyed this novella. It moved quickly, but since the characters had known each other for a couple of years and were finally choosing to act on their feelings it made sense. I like the world that Felicity Heaton has created. It makes sense to me. Maybe it's from all those years of watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer but I can totally get behind a shadowy agency dedicated to keeping the clueless mortals safe from the nasty demons that are running around.

Shannon and Rafe were both well writ...more
Seraphicwing
a very sweet short story about a vampire and a demon hunter.
actually. they are both demon hunters working together as partner to hunt down vamps. demons and all sorts.
She because of how she watched vampires massacred he family when she was really young
Him because he wants to redeem himself of his wrongdoings when he was 'younger'
They were together for two years and he has fallen for her. but this job before christmas will be their last job together as she can no longer deny these dangerous fee...more
Rashmi Basu
AWESOME!!!! Five stars only because I can't give six.

Rafe and Shannon have been working closely together as demon hunters. Now Shannon is ready to move on, leave Rafe and strike out on her own. Rafe, however, is totally in love with her, and has only one last mission to make her face her true feelings.

Rafe is totally sweet and hot, protective towards Shannon, and their affection is the best part if this novella. Too often, 'chemistry' acts as a poor substitute for a plot where the characters fa...more
Ronda  Tutt
Enjoyable Read,

3 1/2 STARS

A very sweet story of desire and love between Rafe and Shannon. Shannon a demon hunter and Rafe a vampire working together and secretely being attracted to one another. Shannon keeps a front up to keep from crossing the line with Rafe because of her past but finally Rafe reaches out to her and the story heats up and Shannon gets what she wishes for after wishing upon the christmas star.
Julie Burns

Cute little love story.
Vampire and human both loving each other for years, neither wanting to make the first move.
Rafe was a vampire with morals. And Shannon was a weary and angry human. Over time she came to love her partner.
I liked it.
Loved the goo monster. Some funny one liners.
A free read with I really enjoyed. (But not enough for 4 stars)
Will go look for more of the authors work.
Juuli
Didn't work for me. The story seemed like rough notes for a longer novel.
It wasn't bad and the beginning was promising but then it got really weird. On moment she wanted to kill her partner the next she dreamed about him. She had all those feelings boiling inside and the suddenly all these conflicting feelings were gone.
Clarke
The best thing about this book is the cover. As a rule I'm not a lover of short stories but the book was free so I gave it a chance. To sum everything up in one word...lame. It gets better the closer you get to the end. If you enjoy reading about a love sick vampire this book is for you.
Sara Santana
Yeah. Yeah, I read this. No. Just...no. It had potential, I think? It was just insanely short and not much plot or anything. But it is a book to add to the list.
Darcysmom
This was a fast paced, action packed, steamy novella. I enjoyed it tremendously - I wish it had been longer.
A.M.
Shannon is no ordinary girl: she’s a demon hunter, working with the agency to rid the world of infestations, and she wants nothing more than to finish her last mission and leave town forever. For the past two years she’s been forced to work with a vampire she cannot trust, and things are beginning to get too complicated. Gentle, affectionate and thoughtful, Rafe is nothing like the vampires she kills for a living, and Shannon’s changing feelings towards him are more dangerous than any demon.

This...more
Shirley
Guilty pleasure… yep, I admit it. That was the sole reason why I finally caved and downloaded this book. Come on, with at title like Vampire for Christmas, what else would you read it for? Really? Well, leave it to Felicity Heaton to give you more than you bargained for. ;)

One thing that I’ve noticed since I started tearing through Felicity Heaton’s novellas and full novels is that she has a way of bringing out the vulnerability in her characters. The vampires, demons and other immortals have as...more
Lynn Worton
Review 6******

I love Felicity Heaton's books! This story is no exception!

Shannon is a human demon hunter, working for an agency that monitors demon's and their activities. She is a wonderful character. She is full of spunk and determination. However, the complication of her partner being a vampire has Shannon wanting to transfer out.

Rafe is a reformed vampire, working for the agency in penance for his activities in the past. I love his character! He is uber sexy and charming. Unfortunately for m...more
Katrina
A short Christmas story for any reader who enjoys kick arse female characters and hot vampires to swoon over, passion, lust, and lots of moments where you will be grinning and fanning oneself.

Shannon is a Demon Hunter and on her last mission with her Vampire Hunter partner Rafe. But amongst all the turmoil Shannon and Rafe discover that a partnership in hunting is not all they want. Can Shannon get over her past to move on to a new future? Will Rafe give in to his heart’s desire?

A story filled...more
Miki
This Review was first published on my blog Lecture toute une Aventure

Felicity Heaton offers us a good erotic paranormal holiday romance. I didn’t enjoy it as much as Heart of Darkness that I’ve read last month though but it’s still a really pleasant read.
The relation between Shannon and Rafe is interesting; I loved to see how patient he was as well as how disturbed by the idea of their separation he is. The fact that he is studying in hope to protect her better was really cute too. Now we get mo...more
Paranormal Kiss
Vampire for Christmas by Felicity Heaton is about Shannon and Rafe. Shannon is a demon hunter and Rafe, a vampire, is her partner. Rafe is working for the agency as a sentence for past crimes. They have been working together for 2 years and their time as partners is about to end. Rafe is in love with Shannon and doesn’t want to lose her. He has keep silent about his feelings for a long time and decides it’s now or never to convince Shannon to be a part of his life. Shannon has kept a shield arou...more
Mpb
Goodreads Synopsis:

It was one last mission. Rafe, a vampire doing time with the agency, watches it approach with dread weighing heavily
Berls (Fantasy is More Fun)
Actual Review 3.5 stars.
My Initial Reaction...

I've had so many Felicity Heaton books on my TBR for such a long time, so when I saw this short holiday novella I decided it was time. I really really enjoyed it and will definitely be making my way to her other books as soon as possible.
The Characters...

For a novella, the characters in Vampire for Christmas, were remarkably well developed. Shannon and Rafe both work for the Agency hunting down demons and vampires and the like. Shannon had an encou...more
Karen
Felicity Heaton/Vampire for Christmas
B004AM59T6

Shannon is a demon hunter. She’s on her last mission with a vampire she’s been stuck with for the last two years. She has despised and feared vampires all her life, but there is something different about Rafe. Only she’s bound and determined to ignore her feelings for him. It’s what she does best.

Rafe, is a vampire who has no choice but to work for the agency. He never thought he fall for the Shannon, especially when she’s been so difficult, but he...more
Squeak
This review was originally posted on my Alaskan Bookie Website at:

A vampire named Rafe has worked two years with a human Vampire and Demon hunter named Shannon. Shannon has issues with Rafe because she and her family were once attacked by a vampire. Rafe used to hunt humans so he can kind of understand why Shannon doesn’t like him. They are forced to work together by the agency. Shannon is finally able to convince the agency to transfer her to another loca...more
Judy
Vampire for Christmas by Felicity Heaton
Rafe is an older vampire. He is in a sad situation, he has fallen for his partner. Shannon is a human who he hunts demons with. She seems to really enjoy killing vampires. And she often lets her feeling towards them known to Rafe...reminding him what he is.

Shannon has requested to be moved and no longer partner with Rafe. Not because of her hate for vampires though, more because she fears what she feels towards one in particular. This story takes place on...more
Michelle ☕Ndayeni☕
A fairly typical sort of vampire-human love story where one or both of them are fighting their feelings for the other, with a dash of Ghostbusters thrown in to add a bit of action. Both characters are likeable enough, but I wasn't really feeling any connection between them until the very end. Nothing really pulled me into the story to get me all that interested in it except reading to get to the sex scene that I was sure would be happen eventually. When they finally give in and admit their feeli...more
Book Nook  Nuts
Book: Vampire for Christmas
Author: Felicity E. Heaton
Publication Date: 11/2010
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne at http://booknooknuts.blogspot.com/
My Rating: 4 Stars

REVIEW:
Shannon has to overcome so much from losing her parents and brother to a crazed vampire. When the
agency she worked for paired her with Rafe 2 years ago she was in awe. Rafe was a vampire although not a
blood thirsty killer he was still a vampire. Over the next 2 years they were partners killing demons and
other vampires. Rafe was her...more
Celine
A demon hunter on her last mission, a vampire taking his last shot at love.

It's Christmas Eve and Shannon and Rafe are doing what they do best, working together to keep the streets safe. Teaming together as they have done for the last couple of years, but tonight is about more than trying to stay alive whilst fighting demons.

Rafe wants to prove to Shannon once and for all that he isn't like the vampires she has feared most of her life. He suspects she is developing feelings for him, but can she...more
  • My Lady Vampire - Book One
  • A Cajun Werewolf Christmas (Stormy Weather, #6)
  • Taming the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #1)
  • A White Cougar Christmas
  • Vampire Bites: Bite-sized Vampire Stories from Favorite Authors
  • Surrounded by Death (Woods Family, #0.5)
  • Stolen (Bitten #2)
  • Silver Bells
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Bad to the Bone (Bad To The Bone, #1)
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • A Vampire Among Angels (The Vampire from Hell, #2)
  • Bewitching the Werewolf
  • Venice Vampyr (Venice Vampyr, #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan...more
More about Felicity Heaton...
Her Dark Angel (Her Angel #1) Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #1) Prophecy: Child of Light (Vampires Realm, #1) Her Fallen Angel (Her Angel, #2) Prophecy: Caelestis and Aurorea (Vampires Realm, #2)