Start by marking “Our Haggadah: Uniting Traditions for Interfaith Families” as Want to Read:
Our Haggadah: Uniting Traditions for Interfaith Families

Our Haggadah: Uniting Traditions for Interfaith Families

New York Times bestsellers Cokie Roberts and Steven V. Roberts offer a unique, personalized vision of the traditional Passover Haggadah, combining their own family traditions with favorites from other families in a fun, intimate guide written especially for couples of mixed faiths. A fresh and informative tour through the rituals of the Pesach Seder as well as a compelling ...more
Published March 8th 2011 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Our Haggadah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Haggadah

Laurie
Mar 20, 2011 Laurie rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book from start to finish. I ordered four of them and am looking forward to using them this year for our Passover Seder. My husband and I are both Jewish, but we have had similar frustrations with the Haggadahs we have being too long and too boring.

I have always loved Cokie Roberts on the radio and so it is no surprise that her sense of humor and intelligence shine through in this book. We always try to invite people who are not of the Jewish faith to our Passover celebr
Pam
Apr 22, 2011 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent little book that explains what a seder is and how to have one -- very informative for a Christian reader.
Dennis Fischman
Dec 01, 2013 Dennis Fischman rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Two groups of people should read this book: people who don't know very much about the Passover Seder and people who don't know very much about interfaith marriages. Those in the first group will get a very reasonable explanation of what it's all about and how to plan a Seder (along with the Robertses cut-and-paste Haggadah, an art form with a long Jewish history).

Those in the second group can read the introductions to get a sense of how a secular Jew and a religious Catholic can make a meaningfu
Jennifer Willis
Apr 11, 2011 Jennifer Willis rated it really liked it
I had planned to use "Our Haggadah" at my Passover table this year. Instead, we ended up at multi-family gathering for the first seder, and on the second night we were so wiped out from the previous evening that our pre-dinner seder lasted all of seven minutes. ;)

This was, however, an enlightening read, and I appreciate the effort that went into this interfaith haggadah. This is more than an order of service for the Passover seder; it's also an exploration of the importance, challenges and beaut
Mindy
Apr 05, 2011 Mindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find reading books authored by Cokie Roberts and Steve Roberts to be very insightful. Each has a successful career in journalism and so writes extraordinarily well even when writing about such personal family life. The perspectives they give in this book enhances your insight in how their marriage and family can thrive with the presence of traditional religious ritual and deep personal faith. I can easily recommend this book though I wish it were in paperback or with a spiral binder for ease a ...more
Robin
Apr 06, 2011 Robin rated it it was ok
Shelves: jewish
2 stars isn't really fair. Two and a half, maybe?

The anecdotes about the Roberts' life together are sweet and worth reading.

The haggadah is just a haggadah, with nothing unique or especially enlightening or fun about it. The recipes are mostly links to websites. The Hebrew has been printed in a font so tiny I doubt a native Israeli could read it aloud by seder candlelight.

I love Cokie Roberts on the radio, but I'm glad I read this one as a library book. I won't be adding it to my haggadah coll
Njeri
Nov 28, 2013 Njeri rated it really liked it
My husband and I are not Jewish but this book made me want to host a Seder. Passover is a very detailed celebration and I don't think I would do it justice so now I'll just be hoping to someday get invited to one :) The underlying message of inclusion and the celebration of freedom is one many people can relate to so non-Jewish readers might still find it interesting.
Francine
Oct 26, 2015 Francine rated it it was amazing
This is one part family history and one part instruction book. I just loved reading it (I am a big fan of Cokie Roberts' work).

This is a warm, inclusive book about a couple who share common values but not a common faith. Cokie and Steve Roberts forged their own way and did it splendidly.

Highly recommended.,
David
Dec 13, 2011 David rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, ibooks
In preparation for our 2012 seder I decided to look at seders other people have experienced. This one, performed by Steve and Cokie Roberts for many years, is a nice way to honor the traditions, keep things moving and be inclusive.
Ashley
Dec 01, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
I really loved this book. It allowed me to make a lot of connections between Christianity and Judaism. My husband and I will definitely be using this information to start making our own Passover traditions.
Rachel
Sep 18, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Local and interfaith iews; we share stuff in common. :p. I reviewed this Passover Haggadah here: https://chavalah.wordpress.com/2011/0...
Alfajirikali
Alfajirikali rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Tom Krauskopf
Tom Krauskopf rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
May 17, 2011
Bonnie Tesch
Bonnie Tesch rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it it was ok
May 05, 2011
HeatherGunsalus
HeatherGunsalus rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Gerry
Gerry rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2014
Cindi
Cindi rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Andrew Barbin
Andrew Barbin rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 11, 2011
Lesly
Lesly rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Jan Lewis
Jan Lewis rated it liked it
May 09, 2011
Wrbill Edwards
Wrbill Edwards rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Daniel
Daniel rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Cokie Roberts is an American journalist and author. She is the "Contributing Senior News Analyst" for National Public Radio as well as regular roundtable analyst for the current This Week with George Stephanopoulos.
More about Cokie Roberts...