Start by marking “Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)” as Want to Read:
Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)

Masquerade (Blue Bloods #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  73,147 ratings  ·  1,882 reviews

Schuyler Van Alen is starting to get more comfortable with her newfound vampire powers, but she still has many unanswered questions. A trip to Italy in search of her grandfather only serves to make things more confusing. What secrets are the leaders of The Committee hiding? Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the famous Four Hundred Ball.
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 307 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Masquerade, please sign up.

City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. CastCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
86th out of 21,633 books — 57,115 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareShiver by Maggie StiefvaterCity of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Judge A Book By Its Cover!
38th out of 4,192 books — 8,644 voters

More lists with this book...

Dec 18, 2009 Tatiana rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teen girls who like reading about clothes, parties, hot guys and hooking up
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather
Shelves: 2009, ya, romancelandia
This second "Blue Bloods" book has one major improvement - the number of pages dedicated to describing various pieces of clothing is reduced from about 150 pages in the first book to about 50. The rest of the book is of the same quality - same flat characters, same obsession with parties, expensive things and good looks, same absence of noticeable climax, and, sadly, same plot (or lack of it).

What goes for these books however is a very intriguing new take on vampire lore. It is obvious this lore
Jan 27, 2011 Joyzi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind a filler book
Recommended to Joyzi by: Julie, Szam, Gabby and Isamlq
Melissa dela Cruz, this is a filler right?

Come on, nothing really happen in this book. I guess I just have to read the next one since many of my friends considered Book 3 as the best out of the series .

I just don't like that majority of the book was all about partying and hooking up (meh that's pretty much it).

I really also don't have a favorite character atm so to speak. None of them really strike me as interesting enough to held my interest. And I just felt that the character are very similar
While the vampire lore was pretty much all that kept me going while reading Blue Bloods, I found a little more to appreciate while reading its sequel, Masquerade. Granted, this book isn't perfect, but it is a slight step up.

One big thing I noticed was the minimal designer name-dropping. It worked against the previous novel, basically since it made the characters even more distant and unrelatable (except the fact that they're, you know, vampires and all), since I don't think any reader had any id
"Masquerade" is the second installment In De La Cruz's "Blue Bloods" series. It continues where "Blue Bloods" left off, when Schuyler's grandmother was reprocessed through the vampire cycle, where she would eventually be reborn, after an interrupted attack by a Silver Blood. She (along with her Conduit Oliver) goes on a mission in Venice to find her grandfather, Lawrence Van Alen. Her grandmother's last plea was that Schuyler find her grandfather so that he could save the Blue Bloods from the Cr ...more
What would you do if you could bring the dead back to life? I didn't like Masquerade, I loved it beacuse it will leave you with so many questions that you will have to read the next book. Schulyer Van Alen goes on an adventure to figure out the truth. Even things seems to be going fine as she connects with long lost faminly members. Unfortunately, her world is turned upside down when a explosion goes off in the most secure place for a Blue Bloods. And when people start making assumtions about wh ...more
I bought this book yesterday and finished yesterday too.

Urgh. I was too intrigued by the first book's whole IDEA to let this one go by without a read. I buy books out of habit, one I should VERY much stop until I have read it before since this one too was a waste of my money.

Urgh again! More blandness. I want to punch Charles force in the face, slap Mimi and the whole Kingsley thing was random and just .... what was the fracking point? Also, Mimi said in the first book that she couldn't remember
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for

When we last left off with Schuyler Van Alen, she was just getting used to the news of being a Blue Blood, or what we normally label them as, a vampire. She gets invited into the New York Blood Bank Committee and, before she knows it, Schuyler is swept away into the unknown world of the Blue Bloods. Unfortunately, it seems like Schuyler discovered her true self at the wrong time, since three Blue Blood teens have been murdered.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Young Adult; Paranormal; Vampire
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: triangle.
Cliff Hanger: yes!

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
Vampire Action!
Worst Part: No help moving from book 1 to book 2.
Thoughts Had: I remember nothing; Holy shit; WTH just happened?!?

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yah

Short Review: It's been about 2months since i read the
Blue Bloods are the highest level of elite modern New York society. The teen Blue Bloods attend Duchesne School, enjoy the most fabulous parties and share a dark secret. Blue Bloods are vampires; they literally bleed blue blood and sprout fangs when hungry. But that doesn't stop them from partying in this second installment of Melissa de la Cruz's fantasy/horror series, which has even more mysterious secrets and action than its predecessor.

Schuyler Van Alen and her destined human assistant, Oli
This wasn't as good as the first one. I actually went back, and flipped through the first one to make sure I wasn't imagining things. de la Cruz's writing style gets much more stilted and awkward in this book, and her exposition gets much more awkward. The first ten pages are full of INFORMATION BEING THROWN AT YOUR HEAD, HEY GUYS REMEMBER FROM THE LAST BOOK?!?

Maybe I was on less cold medicine this time around, but I wasn't as enthralled. The story is still interesting (I like how de la Cruz wor
Nejvíce se mi na celé knize líbí to propojení s minulými životy. Podle mně je tohle úžasné série a strašně mě zajímá jak to celé nakonec dopadne.
even more drama! schulyer and oliver's relationship takes a twist, lost relatives return, and the monster in bliss' dreams is still around. mimi gets what's coming to her, in a sense, and then, strangely, charles force wants schulyer.

this installment was more action-filled and assumed from the beginning that we knew the characters and the setting. there was no baby-sitter's club-type intro, which i appreciated. (i always ended up skipping that part of the book - i knew claudia dressed funky, ok
Since I hated everything about the first book, I was scepitcal to continue with the series. HOWEVER I did enjoy the second book LOTS more than the first book.
I felt like there was actually something happening this time - we had a plot with action and everything.
The characters are still very flat, and to be honest most of the storyline is very predictable. I felt myself enjoying this book. It was a quick and easy read.
sunset shimmer
I'll admit, I'm beginning to really like this series. I'm even gonna start book three right now, since that ending didn't even deserve to be called an ending. It was the biggest cliffhanger in all of Cliffhangersville.
This one was much, much better than the 1st Blue Bloods book. I know, I know a lot of you hate this series but................
The story starts off a little slow in the beginning and the pov alternates between 3 or 4 different characters, which takes a while to get used to. Midway through the book things really start to get interesting and you start to understand why the 1st book was written the way it was. The story really devolps and becomes really interesting.
I will read the 3rd book in this s
Dec 18, 2010 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Blue Bloods and Other Vamp Novels Fans
Recommended to Julie by: Che Artuz and Szamicaela
Oh good grief, Masquerade is even worse than Blue Bloods. The first handful of pages are devoted to awkward exposition, recapping the ENTIRE FIRST BOOK, which most people will have READ ALREADY.

Every single thing that I thought was being "hinted" at in the last book came to pass in this one; the twists were predictable, and the bits of writing that were supposed to be from the nineteenth century were laughably horrible. Did newspaper articles, even in the late 1800s, really mention in every arti
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Όταν διάβασα το 1ο βιβλίο των "Γαλαζοαίματων", μια σκέψη πέρασε από το μυαλό μου. Πως αν η Carrie του "Sex And The City" διάβαζε ποτέ αυτή τη σειρά, θα πάθαινε overdose fashion style. Ναι... πιστέψετε με... ακόμα και η απόλυτα Νεουορκέζα, θεά της μόδας και του στυλ, δεν θα άντεχε τόσες πληροφορίες και λάμψη. Ίσως μάλιστα να σκεφτόταν και το ενδεχόμενο μιας λοβοτομής. Τελοσπάντων... αρκετή κακία για Κυριακή πρωί οπότε, μπορώ να περάσω στο προκείμενο που δεν είναι άλλο από την συνέχεια του προαναφ ...more
I really enjoyed this book much more than I enjoyed the first book, Blue Bloods. There were some things that I thought were annoying but the rest of the book was really great. It ended with a cliff hanger, which I hate, and the thing with the Silver Bloods is starting to annoy me.

Schuyler, in my opinion, was a better character in this book than in Blue Bloods. I really want to know how it goes with her and Jack, but now with Oliver, she just got into one big mess. But I am curious how
Clarisse So
Masquerade picks up right where Blue Bloods left off, with prepartions for the Four Hundred Ball in full swing while Schuyler Van Alen and her best friend/Conduit Oliver Hazard Perry travel to Italy in search of her Grandfather. The book is told through the alternate points of view of three Blue Blood females: Schuyler, who just found out that she’s a vampire and has started her transition, Mimi Force, the most powerful/popular Blue Blood at their school, and Bliss Llewlyn, Texan daughter of a s ...more

I loved this book. I can't even believe that such a short book could have so many things going on at the same time. Seriously, this series is so not what I expected of it. Maybe that's the reason why I love this series so much. I thought it would not be a good series, but I ended up loving it. Although I liked this book much more than the first.

Schuyler becomes more and more interesting with every book. She is such a great young heroine. I still can't decide if I want her to end up with Jack
Jan 11, 2008 Lauren rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ANYONE
I loved this book. It was sooo good I read it in one day. It is probably better for girls because it is written from a girl's point of view, but I think anyone would enjoy it. It was one of the best books I have ever read.
This book was about Schuyler, a girl who is a blue blood, or a vampire. But the vampires peacefully live among humans. There are alot of twists to this story, making for a great mystery. It is about teens who are learning how to live with the powers of being a vampire. However
After reading the first book in the series and being dissapointed by it, I wasn't expecting a lot from this one. Well, I was definitely most pleasantly surprised! After reading this installment, which I find to be infinitely superior to the first, I cannot wait to continue the series. Things definitely become much more interesting in this book since all the ground work is laid out for the series and all the main characters fully developed. If you're unsure after reading the first one, definitely ...more
*Spoilers Ahead*

I definitely liked this book better than the first one. It was... interesting. Let me make a list of my favorite characters.
1. Schuyler
2. Bliss
Huh... I can't think of any more characters I love. Some I like. Some I tolerate. To be honest, none of the males so far have interested me for boyfriend material. I'd rather all of the females end up single. Well, since that list turned out to be useless. I shall make a list of ten things I want to happen in the next book.
1. Schuyler nee

While I liked this book a lot, for most of the time I've felt like I was reading a filler book. If you guys dont know what a filler means let me explain it to you; they are basically random (anime) events/episodes/arcs/characters that do not happen whatsoever in the manga. They come out when the anime adaptation catches up with the manga and has to make time so the manga artist can get a head with the story.The other reason for fillers are to simply milk an anime for more money. These e
καλύτερο από το πρώτο, θα δώσω μια ευκαιρία στο επόμενο.
Και για τους φαν της σειράς υπάρχει στο site του ψυχογιου το "δαχτυλίδι της φωτιάς" για δωρεαν download!
Teodora Cătană
Wow! I have only one word to describe this book: ADDICTING!
Keara Christine
November 4- I’m immensely fascinated with the mythology of this book but the love interests/storylines were SO DISTRACTING, holy heck.

>(view spoiler)
Rachel Lightwood
Note: This review may contain spoilers for Blue Bloods.

Some people question why I bother to read the sequels to books I disliked. The answer is kind of complicated but the main reason is pretty simple: because I like to give the series a chance to improve. For me Blue Bloods was a bit of a disaster. It wasn't what I was hoping for at all. The characters were shallow, the plotline dull, the vampire lore was interesting but not expanded in a way that would have been beneficial. I was lucky to have

Well, that was a fun day. I picked up Melissa de la Cruz's second book in her Blue Bloods series, Masquerade. This was this morning.. I just completed it. Ummm, another one bites the dust? I suppose.

The books are super quick reads (clearly) but so much fun. This one starts with Schuyler and Oliver searching Venice for Schuyler's long-lost grandfather, Lawrence Van Alen. Schuyler hopes that in locating him she can put an end to the rash of Blue Blood deaths that have been plaguing New York.

• Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3)
  • Midnight Predator (Den of Shadows, #4)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • After Dark (Vamps, #3)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

Blue Bloods (7 books)
  • Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)
  • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
  • Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)

“White for light. White for love. White for forever.” 347 likes