Start by marking “Seven Spunky Monkeys” as Want to Read:
Seven Spunky Monkeys

Seven Spunky Monkeys

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Monkey mischief abounds in this companion book to One Monkey Too Many. On Sunday, seven spunky monkeys are best friends. On Monday, only six monkeys are left. On Tuesday, five! What's happening to all the monkeys? Are they catching the love bug?

Count down through the days of the week with these funky monkeys--who ultimately learn that when it comes to friends and family, t
Published September 1st 2005 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Seven Spunky Monkeys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Spunky Monkeys

Karen
My five-year-old son checked this book out from the library this week. He was a bit disappointed.

He was not necessarily disappointed by the monkey hook-ups, although I thought that was a bit odd in a children's picture book. He was more disappointed by the choppy rhyme and the lack of a story.

Actual rating: 2.5 stars, but I round up.
Shelli
Seven Spunky Monkeys one by one get struck by the sting of cupid’s arrow. Each of the remaining monkeys swear that they will not turn into love sick fools, alas it seems inevitable that we will all find that perfect someone and settle down. Monkeys are no exception.
A fun read aloud to share that is guaranteed a few giggles. Lynn Munsinger did a fabulous job as always with the illustrations greatly adding to Jackie French Kollers entertaining silly story.
Beth
Sep 17, 2007 Beth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Now here is a children's book you can sink your teeth into.
I want to read this every day, in bed, after a bath... each day of the week.
I want to read Spunky Monkeys at home alone on a Saturday night.
The pictures are lovely and keep even the most wander some 3yr old involved and the rhyme and context of monkeys finding love is sooooooo cute. Yay
Jen
They start out as seven spunky monkeys and each day, the numbers get lower. What is going on with these monekys? Where are they going? As we find out in the end, it seems they've all caught the love bug! The rhyming is fun for the kids to listen to.
Katie
Nov 06, 2007 Katie added it
Shelves: used-at-work
I read this book to kindergarteners during the week when they are learning the letter S in class. It's entertaining, with interesting illustrations that the children will enjoy looking at. It's told in rhyme, so the cadance makes for an engaging read-aloud.
mindi
the kids loved the rhyming flow of the book. i thought all the monkeys getting married and having babies was a little strange. i mean, i guess that's what we do, but i was under the impression that these were school age monkeys! :D
Tricia
Cute pictures. A bit disturbing that the monkeys keep hooking up. Not sure I would read aloud to group due to parental grumbles. Viv thought it was funny. Counting aspect appealed to her.
Laneika Cason
PB4. Remind me of the 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed but with a lot more adventure. Instead of jumping on the bed, these monkeys were out and about having fun.
Tina
This was an okay book, but not really great. Everyone should read it, but it's definitely a library rental.
Marie
Kellen and I loved the pictures in this book! He laughed and laughed. :)
Alamoliz
Too much romance for most of my younger listeners.
Breanna Mecham
Monkeys falling in love.
Laura added it
Oct 28, 2014
Anusha
Anusha marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Jackie French Koller (born 1948) is an American author of picture books, chapter books, and novels for children and young adults. She lives and writes in western Massachusetts.

Koller is also an accomplished painter. Her interest in art inspired her to open The Little Black Dog Gallery in Westfield, Massachusetts.

Koller's young-adult novel If I Had One Wish was adapted into a Disney Channel Origina
More about Jackie French Koller...
A Wizard Named Nell (The Keepers, #1) Nothing to Fear The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2) The Wizard's Scepter (The Keepers, #3) The Primrose Way