Start by marking “The Art of Asking: Ask Better Questions, Get Better Answers” as Want to Read:
The Art of Asking: Ask Better Questions, Get Better Answers

The Art of Asking: Ask Better Questions, Get Better Answers

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  11 reviews
This is the eBook version of the printed book.

Ask the Right Questions in the Right Ways...And Get the Answers You Need to Succeed

Discover the core questions that every manager needs to master...how to avoid the mistakes business questioners make most often...ten simple rules for asking every question more effectively. Learn how to ask tough questions and take control of to
Published December 1st 2008 by FT Press

Osama Aamer
it has everything but the art of asking
Dee Renee  Chesnut
I downloaded this as a free ebook recommended by Spec in the comments section of a Free Friday selection from Barnes and Noble. I read it because I believe in the value of better questions to promote learning and cooperative efforts in groups.
I don't have a problem with the questions suggested by Fadem. My ranking of only two stars is with the format which I believe could be better with some editing so there might be less repetition.
I recommend it as a reference book.
Elf_owl
I didn't finish reading this book because I felt that it had nothing that was new to me, and I have not read any other books of the same genre. The anecdotes from the author's personal experience were interesting, but I didn't learn anything from them. In general, this book just gave me a bad impression of managers since the ones mentioned in this book all messed up because they didn't ask the right questions but then went on to get rewarded.
Arwa
the translated book is not well translated at all. as for the origonal book it is very usefull as i consider reading it over sometimes again. it consist of an origonal and proffisional way of looking at questions and it is really an art to be done properly. how good questions can give u a boost in ur career or end it all. the idea can be adapted and applied in real life somehow. i advice the book in english
Saad Usman
A thorough guide for managers, whose job is to supervise people. Since no one can expect a doctor to work without a stethoscope, a dentist without a pick, a painter without a brush, managers can't work without their toolkit, which is questions. I agree with the author that the quality of answers depend upon the quality of the questions as well as the way these are asked. Good read for managers!
Elizabeth Olson
Incredibly thorough, specific and example-filled, this has got to be the definitive guide to asking questions. Though primarily geared to business, the processes and techniques detailed here will help any organization or group ask better questions, get better answers -- and see better results.
Laura Hoffman Brauman
The suggested questions are good, but I didn't agree with much of the author's philosphy on business -- far too worried about not making waves -- sometimes those are the questions that are most important to ask.
Garland Vance
Mildly helpful in thinking about asking good questions
Nancy Graham
Excellent wisdom for leaders and coaches
Bernd
Aug 19, 2011 Bernd is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Courtesy of MSFT Library, not much to lose :)
Jessica Rogers
couldn't keep my attention..
Kaloy Añana
Kaloy Añana marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Tauna Sober
Tauna Sober marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Carissa
Carissa marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Emma Laskin
Emma Laskin marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Karthickraghav
Karthickraghav marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Justin  Green
Justin Green marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Jackie Dunlap
Jackie Dunlap marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Florentius
Florentius marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
  • The Truth About Negotiations
  • Presenting to Win: The Art of Telling Your Story
  • The Truth about Getting the Best from People (Truth about)
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • Know What You Don't Know: How Great Leaders Prevent Problems Before They Happen
  • Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
  • Help Me Win at Work: A Business Philosophy called ''Don't Mark My Paper, Help Me Get an A'' (Leading at a Higher Level)
  • The Truth About Managing People...And Nothing But the Truth
  • Living Organized: Proven Steps for a Clutter-Free and Beautiful Home
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • So What?: How to Communicate What Really Matters to Your Audience
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • Brains: How They Seem to Work
  • Ultimate Leadership: Winning Execution Strategies for Your Situation
  • Winners Never Cheat: Even in Difficult Times
  • Love Yourself And Let The Other Person Have It Your Way
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
Are You Asking the Right Questions?: Effective Managers Do, and So Can You (FT Press Delivers Elements) 5 Business Skills Every Professional Must Master (Collection) How to Ask the Best Probing Questions Use Body Language to Enhance Your Questions Unasked Questions Are Foolish Ones

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. —Richard M. Nixon” 1 likes