Face-Off (Harlequin Blaze)

Face-Off (Encounters #15)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  19 reviews
These three couples are skating on thin ice!

Ice Time

Newly retired NHL hockey player Jarrad McBride's life seems permanently sidelined. But maybe sexy schoolteacher Sierra Janssen is just the woman o get him back in play....

In The Sin Bin

Samantha McBride was good and over firefighter Greg Olsen. But when an unexpected reunion sends lust crackling between them, it's clear

Published (first published February 9th 2011)

Auntee
I loved this 3 story sports romance centering on the hockey-playing McBride family. It was well written, fast paced, had just enough detail, and some sweet heat in all three stories.

Ice Time features newly retired 35 year-old, ruggedly handsome NHL star Jarrad McBride. Due to an on-ice body check that rattled his brains and left him with no peripheral vision, Jarrad was forced to give up the sport he loved and wasn't yet ready to leave. Recently divorced from a high-profile swimsuit model and fe...more
Kimberly
I was a little disappointed in this one. Glossing over the one time, Woobie Contemporary Author crown endangering use of the word "turgid" (it has multiple meanings, none of them sexy, please stop using it), the stories in this anthology were too short to get to know the characters enough to really care. On top of that the tension is resolved before it has time to build. I would have rather have coughed up money for three separate books and got the whole story.

As always in Nancy Warren books, I...more
Christine
3 short stories involving siblings.

1st story involved a pro hockey player who suffered a career ending injury and is now at loose ends, not sure what he wants to do.

2nd story is the sister to the hockey player. She is a lawyer who had a huge misunderstanding with her high school boyfriend before leaving for college. He is a cop and plays on a local hockey team. She has to decide if she wants to revisit the past.

3rd story is the youngest brother who has been trying to break into the NHL. In order...more
Mombo
I always applaud the Harlequin writers who write a great story in 224 pages or less so it's amazing to me that NW can write three great stories in an anthology of the same length!

My favourite story was Jarrad's in Ice Time as he hooks up with the simple but smart and sexy schoolteacher Sierra. In continuity stories you may sometimes need a memory jog to remember who's who but because the McBride sibling stories are all in one anthology, you have no problems keeping track.

All three stories were...more
Natālija
Despite my obvious love for "Harlequin Romance" line, sometimes I'm in need of more sensuous read. Something where women make bold moves and men are more rough around the edges. "Blaze" has it all and even more.
"Face-Off" was the perfect combination of romance, humor & sensuality. The characters were amazing! You gotta love hot, hunky & larger that life hockey players and their petite women. I highly recommend this wonderful 3-stories-in-one book featuring 3 McBride siblings.
Ann  Lorz
Let see this book has two hockey players and a cop. Do I need to say more? I've alway enjoy Nancy Warrens book and this is no different. The only complaint I have is that each story was to short. I needed more. I would have to say that my favorite of the three stories was Ice Time, Jarrad and Sierra's story. Not to say the others weren't good but you know how it is when you read trilogies there's always one that's your favorite.
Dawn ♥ romance
Three fun hockey stories about siblings and although they were each short and steamy I still felt the romance in all of them. 1) Jarrad newly retired from NHL notices Sierra in the rink barely able to skate. 2) Samantha never really got over her childhood love for Greg. 3) Figure skater Becky is paired with NHL rookie Taylor for charity event.
Netanella
Three short stories about the McBride siblings - two hockey brothers and a lawyer sister. I particularly loved the first story, about the older brother forced to retire due to injury and falling for the local elementary school when he returns back home to Vancouver.
Kate
I have to admit that I'm a sucker for hockey players, so this book was just up my alley. Even though the books is three short stories, the characters and plots intertwine, giving an easy flow from story to story.
Fedora
Very cute trio of stories about siblings who skate or who fall in love with skaters. Ms. Warren does a lovely job of packing the stories into so few words, although I did want a little more at the end :)
Renu r  singh
one and a half stars.... i usually like nancy warren books but this one i just didnt like.... it felt like a chore to finish it off, not a feeling i enjoy when i read novels
Dinjolina
This would have been a full 5 star read if the stories were not so choppy and finished without notice.
Julianna
I liked all of the stories. short but sweet, but i do have to say that the first one is my favorite.
Deb
Cute book with three short, sweet stories. No angst, just sweet stories with happy endings.
Lora Jordan
Ready for another about all these couples good read for me thx
Gail
three fun easy to read short stories.
Robin *loves sexy books*
3 sweet and pretty hot short stories.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Encounters
Panda Boo
Panda Boo marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Marion
Marion marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • The Rebel
  • Body Check
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Touch and Go
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • Ripped!
  • Below the Belt (Harlequin Blaze, #404)
  • Hard and Fast
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • Time Out
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri...more
More about Nancy Warren...
Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2) Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1) Bad Boys With Expensive Toys Bad Boys Down Under Power Play