Start by marking “Martian Invaders Meet Mom” as Want to Read:
Martian Invaders Meet Mom

Martian Invaders Meet Mom

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The invading Martian armies were ready. Their leaders thought they would win without trying. That is until their advance robotic scouts met Mom.
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 20th 2011 by Alan Lickiss, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Martian Invaders Meet Mom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Martian Invaders Meet Mom

Chris
Kindle Freebie.

Slightly predictable, but the writers have a very good idea to detail. Actually, half the fun of the story is in the Martian names.
Karen B.
this was a really cute short story and would have made a terrific episode of the Twilight Zone. The Martians are set for the big invasion of earth and so they send their android type robots to check things out. Once the robots encounter Mom however,
the Martians plans become less self-assured until the Martians decide it won't be such a good idea to invade and take over Earth.
Georgeanna
I loved it!! I'm a mom and could picture every shrug and 'I dunno' as clear as a a bell. So true and so, so, funny. I only wish it were longer. I'm going to have my 10 year old son read it next :)
Heather
A cute short story. It could have done with some expanding in parts, but it was a fun, quick read. Thanks for making it free :)
Deborah
"Martian Invaders Meet Mom." by Alan Lickiss is a very short, very quick and funny read.

Robin Conley
This was a really cute story and a fun short read.
Kevis Hendrickson
Absolutely hilarious story. Glad I found this one.
Lindsay
ahh the powers of MOM :-)
Judith
Cute short story...
Dany
Una historia corta, que pintaba para más pero se quedó corta. Cuesta entender que con su altísima tecnología y desarrollo los extraterrestres fueran tan idiotas, así que eso arruinó un poco la historia.
Tanya
The Martians planed to invade Earth and conquer the planet, but they were aware of the humans and their technology. So they decided to send two robots to scout the area first and do some basic research on the weapons the humans used. The plan backfired when the robots got the wrong targets. The bots followed a bunch of kids to school, thought the facility was meant for warrior training, got all kinds of wrong information and ended up attacking the Martians instead.

The idea in general was pretty
M
I started chuckling from the beginning and didn't stop until after I finished the book!
Pilla
This is a fun story, not a whole book. Probably, young boys would love it!
Virginia Lebrun
Cute... and short!
Aster Brown
Short Version: Fun, cute .... and don't mess with Mom.

Long Version: An amateurish parody but still cute. The story lives up to its title. The first few paragraphs are slow with a typical setup I often write myself, then go back and rewrite to change from "defining" the situation to "being" the situation. Had the authors done so this would have gone from a passable short story to truly good.
Trisha
I could see how it would be cute, but you'd probably have to be a mom to care for it. I expected something cheesy and fun, and I got something rather boring. It could probably be adapted well into an animated short; the idea is nice but the writing was bad.
Jim
Doesn't live up to its potential. Few corny jokes, and it's over. It is a short story, and I rarely read those. Now I'm reminded why.
Jill
Oct 20, 2013 Jill rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Cute, funny story. note: I tend to be a little more lenient with ratings when it comes to short stories.
Linda
This is a clever story of how Mom, inadvertently, defeats the invaders.
T Brown
T Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Lelouch
Lelouch marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Tiffany Joy
Tiffany Joy marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Time Con: A Christmas Story On Robots and Leprechauns High Heeled Distraction and other short stories High Heeled Distraction Space Sirens