Start by marking “My Heart Wanders: A Celebration of Taking Risks, Letting Go and Making a Home Wherever You Are” as Want to Read:

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A reflective and visually sumptuous memoir of one woman's search for home.What would happen if one day you decided to follow your heart? Where would it take you? Pia Jane Bijkerk takes us on her journey as she leaves behind a comfortable life in Sydney to follow, unconditionally, her instincts. Setting up home first in Paris, then on a houseboat in Amsterdam, Pia observes ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Murdoch Books

To ask other readers questions about My Heart Wanders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Heart Wanders

Annette
I expected this book to reveal Pia's beautiful take on the world through her deeply personal and creative photography. I was somewhat (pleasantly) surprised by her gentle prose, most of which I connected to as a fellow explorer of life and beauty. Her writing style is sometimes self deprecating, and always thoughtful, probing her responses and feelings in order to better understand herself and the world around her. I loved being a part of her journey, and have attempted to embrace some of princi ...more
Felicity
What a lovely read, and it's not often that I READ a coffee table book! It's full of wonderful inspirational thoughts and beautiful photography. Everything about this book is just right. It's a very honest account of a young woman's professional and emotional journey to find her place in the world. I loved the conversational text and found her journey interesting. The icing on the cake for me, was that it ended with a quote from my favourite character, from one of my favourite television series. ...more
Libby
This book is beautiful. Not just in the writing and photography, but as a tangible thing. It's quite heavy, and the paper is gorgeous, and the way everything is laid out is a feast for the eyes.
And the content--it's magic. It makes me want to travel and search my soul and go on an adventure.
I can tell this is the kind of book I will pick up again and again. Perhaps to read through from cover to cover, maybe to soothe wanderlust, or even for inspiration.
Dulce Salazar
What can i say about that is not already said? I could start with how much i loved, or how inviting it was the words, what i really want to say is that i read it as slow as i could because i wanted to enjoy every single word, every single image, in parts i cried because i realize how i forgot about my dreams and hopes, it was like a wake up call, a do something, a start thinking and make come true all those ideas and dreams.
Nicole
Lovely photographs and beautiful sentiments laced together with a woman longing to find her home or what home means to her. Took me some time to get used to the sort of stream of consciousness used in the book but it was enjoyable. It felt good to read about someone who wanted to find her home, who knew that while she loved where she came from, she knew she couldn't stay forever.
Emma Crameri
I love this book. It meanders along, but the illustrations are breathtaking. It makes me want to hope the next plane and head over to Europe with my digital camera.
Lien Vong
I've been following Pia's blog for a while so was excited to find this in my local library. I especially enjoyed the part where she moves to Amsterdam.
Sonya Madden
Stunning... I read it cover to cover and went back through it again to admire the images. Fantastic!
Heather Roberts
Feb 26, 2011 Heather Roberts marked it as to-read
love this gal. and published just in time for my summer follow my dreams-ing. hip hip hooray.
Kylie Doye-vella
Beautiful book... Lovely words, pictures and presentation... Just a pleasure to read
Joan
Mar 14, 2011 Joan marked it as to-read
I'm a big fan of her blog. Look forward to reading and seeing the book.
Sofia
Sofia marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Alexia
Alexia marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Tennessee O'Donnell
Tennessee O'Donnell marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Sasha Wirth
Sasha Wirth marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Oct 05, 2014
Sandra Silva
Sandra Silva marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Kavita
Kavita marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Jen Jakobi
Jen Jakobi marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Paris: Made by Hand: 50 Shops Where Decorators and Stylists Source the Chic & Unique Amsterdam: Made by Hand Little Treasures: Made by Hand