Start by marking “A Babe in Ghostland” as Want to Read:

A Babe in Ghostland

RITA( Award finalist and national bestselling author Cach (Have Glass Slippers, Will Travel) delivers a sexy paranormal romance where past and present love triangles collide. Original.
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published December 26th 2006 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about A Babe in Ghostland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Babe in Ghostland

Jessica
Nov 01, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it
This was a library book that I randomly grabbed after scanning over the first paragraph of the back blurbs. I thought it was a fiction series with a paranormal spin, but then my sister picked it up off my coffee table and said it was a romance. So I started to read this book not quite knowing what to expect. I was glad to find that it was more of what I had originally thought, a paranormal fiction book with a bit of side romance. I was actually a bit surprised by the authors ability to weave the ...more
Paranormal Romance
Growing up in a decrepit old house that depressed his mother, the hero vowed to never allow his family to experience living in a work zone. When he first sees the mansion, he falls in love with it instantly. He knows this will be the house he'll bring a wife home to, raise his father and grow old in. It's cheap- a major fixer-upper. But it's perfect. But it's also haunted. Not that he believes in all that woo woo nonsense but a man can hardly ignore having an invisible entity climb into bed with ...more
Sharon Hammond
Jul 14, 2011 Sharon Hammond rated it really liked it
jimtown
Mar 05, 2012 jimtown rated it liked it
Shelves: chiclit, mystery
A Babe in Ghostland

by Lisa Cach is a story of old houses, trapped spirits and new beginnings. It was fun in places. Case bought a huge old house and wanted to fix it up but strange things were happening there. He took the advice of a local ghost hunter, Eric and enlisted the help of psychic, Megan, with whom Eric was smitten but spurned.

Case didn't make the best first impression when he walked into Megan's antique shop but he managed to convince her to work with Eric on ridding his house of spir
Kellie
May 08, 2014 Kellie rated it really liked it
I read this in 2007. My journal entry from Bookcrossing:

I really enjoyed this read. Personally, I think this was more of a paranormal romantic suspense than a contemporary romance, as the romance actually takes a backseat to the ghost story. And what a ghost story it was! Much heavier than I was expecting, that's for sure. I found myself getting a little spooked while reading this at night all alone! LOL I think it would have been great, though, if at the end of the book Zachariah had escorted M
Elizabeth
Aug 28, 2011 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
For being a paranormal romance novel, there was a lot more ghost activity than romance for most of this book. I'm glad it was, as the romance seemed strained and definitely on the corny side. It was spooky, and I regretted reading it at night several times. An entertaining story, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it. If I wanted something along these lines, I'd read a paranormal mystery and probably be much more satisfied.
Holly
Jun 06, 2013 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun, light paranormal read. The story takes place in Seattle where Megan Barrows an ex-paranormal investigator now runs Antique Fancies, an antique furniture store. After once nearly having the soul sucked out of her by a malevolent spirit, she prefers a quiet life. She is afraid of ghosts and afraid of the dark. Then Case Lambert comes into her life with a house full of ghosts, that he doesn't believe in but wants her to get rid of.
Janet Robel
Apr 28, 2015 Janet Robel rated it liked it
Fun and lighthearted paranormal! There really isn't much in the romance department. Megan and Case seem like an unlikely couple. They are brought together under unusual circumstances. Megan must use her psychic gift to help Case get rid of some spirits in an old house he has bought. Things are sure to get crazy before they get better.
Syd
Sep 02, 2015 Syd rated it really liked it
It took me a bit to get into this book, but once I did, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. it was more paranormal than romance, and I enjoyed the paranormal story very much. I did skim through the more romantic parts, as they seemed cheesy and not as well thought out as the ghost story. Overall, a quick but pleasant read.
Dana
May 04, 2009 Dana rated it liked it
A Babe in Ghostland is a fun little haunted house romance. There’s nothing I particularly loved or hated about this book. The characters and the romance were adequate. The plot moved along fast enough to hold my interest. If you are looking for a lighter paranormal romance you may like this.
Michelle B
Mar 07, 2010 Michelle B rated it really liked it
A delightful book by a new author for me. It has the paranormal aspects to it and romance as well and is quite funny. It was a cute fun read and a nice break from the normal books that i've been reading. I would read more from this author in the future.
Lavendersbluegreen
Dec 13, 2009 Lavendersbluegreen rated it it was amazing
Megan and Case’s story is great. I just loved the mix of ghosts, ghost-hunters, skeptics, mediums, antiques… what fun! So what happens next?
Amy
Aug 09, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
More than decent plot and interesting characters. This ain't great literature by any stretch of the imagination, but it made for a fun afternoon.
Mazmum
May 21, 2011 Mazmum rated it liked it
Quite enjoyed it - might have to look what else she has done
Scarlett
Nov 17, 2014 Scarlett rated it liked it
More paranormal mystery than love story. A smart book and even creepy at times. But the romance did fall a little flat for me.
Hope Dublin
Aug 09, 2009 Hope Dublin rated it really liked it
Appeals to me for the romance and paranormal. Just a fun story.
Lynn Calvin
ereader ebook
Laura Cordes
paranormal romance about a haunted house (the medium falls for the hunky new homeowner while attempting to rid the house of evil ghosties).
Doris
Oct 25, 2009 Doris rated it liked it
I really liked it until it got to the sex scenes. Then it went downhill...
Emily
Jan 30, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: PNR readers, ghost/mystery fans
This is a good ghost mystery, with a hint of romance. It would be good to read in between series.
★shawn
Jun 24, 2008 ★shawn rated it did not like it
Cute at times but completely retarded others.
Mollie
Feb 25, 2009 Mollie marked it as wishlist
A Babe in Ghostland by Lisa Cach (2006)
Mary
Nov 06, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
I really liked it!!
Rosabelle Purnama
This is just okay for me. I skim through some parts because it was boring and quite predictable.
Shari
Shari rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Mary Lyon
Mary Lyon rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2017
CJ
CJ rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Angela
Feb 03, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it
Who ya gonna call? This ghostbuster. Good book.Romance on the side with a good lookin man.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg
  • You're the One That I Haunt (Nicki Styx, #3)
  • Enchanting the Beast (Relics of Merlin, #3)
  • Dark Enchantment (Vampire #2)
  • Kiss & Hell (Hell, #1)
  • Angel with Attitude
  • Totally Spellbound (Fates #6)
  • Sweet Starfire and Crystal Flame
  • Captive Bride
  • Draycott Everlasting: Christmas Knight & Moonrise (Draycott Abbey #7.5 & 6)
  • Witch in the House
  • Pink Jinx (Jinx, #1; Cajun, #5)
  • The Ghost and Lady Alice (Regency Royal, #9)
  • Never Been Witched (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • A Ghostly Demise (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #3)
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • The Remarkable Miss Frankenstein
  • Dead If I Do (Garnet Lacey, #4)
Lisa Cach grew up in a farm near Portland, Oregon, a place she loves although she'd always trying to leave it. Wanderlust has led her to sail the Sargasso Sea, teach English in Japan, and trek the leech-infested jungles of Borneo. She has degrees in both English and psychology, two subjects that were fun to learn about but that guaranteed her low-paying jobs. Her father, she admits, may have been ...more
More about Lisa Cach...