Start by marking “The Killing of a President: The Complete Photographic Record of the JFK Assassination” as Want to Read:

The assassination of John F. Kennedy remains the greatest unsolved mystery in American political history. Though hundreds of books have been written on this topic, an in-depth photographic analysis has never before been published. In this compelling new book, The Killing of a President: The Complete Photographic Record of the JFK Assassination, the Conspiracy, and the Cove ...more
Published November 1st 1993 by Studio

To ask other readers questions about The Killing of a President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing of a President

Pete daPixie
Aug 19, 2012 Pete daPixie rated it really liked it
Robert J. Groden's 'The Killing of a President', was published in 1993 following the release of Oliver Stone's movie 'JFK'. The Foreword in this book is written by Stone. I'm not sure that 'The complete photographic record of the JFK assassination' as the front sleeve purports this to be is something of a misnomer. There are too many instances of confiscated film, both movie and still, to ever provide any complete record. Even so, I feel this is an important collection for historical researchers ...more
Sharon
Aug 23, 2011 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history
The saying "a picture speaks a thousand words" certainly rings true when reading this book. Robert Groden uses photographic evidence to examine the complex subject of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. With more than 630 photographs, maps, drawings and documents, the reader is able to view and analyze the evidence to decide if there was a conspiracy and coverup.

While some of the pictures in this book are horrifyingly graphic, I believe they are necessary to fully examine the eviden
Barry Krusch
Aug 09, 2012 Barry Krusch rated it it was amazing
An excellent source of material which I used in my book Impossible: The Case Against Lee Harvey Oswald. Many of the photographs you find here you will find no other source. Highly recommended.
Elizabeth Merchant
Jul 10, 2016 Elizabeth Merchant rated it it was amazing
Shelves: our-library
I first read this book when it came out in 1993--read most of it anyway, frozen solid to my seat at a favorite bookstore for an evening. It's very visual, and undeniable, and it's the first time I ever felt like I was going to throw up from finding something out about the world. Maybe the only time, maybe something hardened in me at the same time. Certainly I became more cynical.

Anyway, I decided to read it again. There's definitely a couple times where it's like: 'Here you can clearly see the
chucklesthescot
This was an amazing book for anyone interested in the assassination of JFK and the cover up. It has some seriously gruesome photos of the autopsy that support the conspiracy theory of JFK being shot from in front, not from behind as the official story goes. You will need a strong stomach to look at some of the images. Fantastic book!
Himmel
Jun 21, 2013 Himmel rated it it was amazing
A nice visual book for all conspiracy buffs.
Michael Howard
Michael Howard rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2013
Greg Levitt
Greg Levitt rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Jonathan Marshall
Jonathan Marshall rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2008
Jennifer Green
Jennifer Green rated it liked it
May 14, 2011
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2014
Marcus
Marcus rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2009
Martin Borean
Martin Borean rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Stuart Carrier
Stuart Carrier rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Glenn Stern
Glenn Stern rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2012
Erik
Erik rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Timothy Pina
Timothy Pina rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2012
Grant McLachlan
Grant McLachlan rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Nia
Nia rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2014
j.j. costagliola
j.j. costagliola rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2017
John Gold
John Gold rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
David L. Scrip
David L. Scrip rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Glennis
Glennis rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Ziwzih
Ziwzih rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2008
Dave Scrip
Dave Scrip rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • On the Trail of the Assassins
  • Survivor's Guilt: The Secret Service and the Failure to Protect President Kennedy
  • Rush to Judgment: A Critique of the Warren Commission's Inquiry into the Murder of President
  • Best Evidence
  • Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • The Kennedy Conspiracy
  • Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy
  • The Last Investigation
  • Deep Politics and the Death of JFK
  • Six Seconds in Dallas: A Micro-Study of the Kennedy Assassination
  • Killing JFK: 50 Years, 50 Lies -From the Warren Commission to Bill O’Reilly, A History of Deceit in the Kennedy Assassination
  • Hit List: An In-Depth Investigation into the Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to the JFK Assassination
  • Killing Hitler: The Plots, The Assassins, and the Dictator Who Cheated Death