Start by marking “We Had Everything but Money” as Want to Read:
We Had Everything but Money

We Had Everything but Money

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Personal accounts and anecdotes offer insight into life during the Great Depression, describing such events as the closing of the banks, looking for a job, braving the ""Dust Bowl,"" and discovering homemade fun.
Published March 22nd 1995 by Crescent Books

To ask other readers questions about We Had Everything but Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Had Everything but Money

Jeanne
Anthology of true stories of Americans surviving the Great Depression. An interesting read, but the emphasis is on how happy everyone was with no job, little food and little money. I doubt that most people who came through this period were quite so happy. It might be fun to try a few of the recipes included.
Cindy
So many pictures, personal accounts and even recipes. Since everyone's experience from the Depression was different, I enjoyed the scrapbook like entries and life experiences. Very readable.
Monica
I love learning about other people and their lives. This book tells you about the Great Depression through people telling their own stories and memories. Great pictures and wonderful lessons.
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Amy Clarke
Amy Clarke marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Chloë
Chloë marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2012
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2011
We Pulled Together-- And Won! We Pulled Together-- And Won!