Start by marking “The Wrong Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash #5)” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash #5)

The Wrong Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash #5)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  164 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Service dogs are more than pets, more than companions. They see for the sightless, hear for the deaf, and some -- a rare few -- can sense when someone may be having a seizure; these special animals are indispensible. That's why Sophie Gordon succumbed when a woman suggested that there might be a way to guarantee that her service dog, Blanche, could be replaced. That's why ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Walker & Company

Roberta
Jul 24, 2014 Roberta rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, fiction
This was the first mystery I have read by this author. It took me a chapter to sort of catch up because I hadn't read the first books in the series but it wasn't a serious disadvantage. I intend to look for the other books in the series.

I happened to come across this book at the library fair and picked it up with two other good mysteries featuring dogs. The mystery, essentially involving a mad scientist funded by a criminally rich egotist, was pretty interesting, the detective is suitably amate
Elizabeth
Jan 05, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
This is one of a detective series featuring Dash and his person (I've not read the earlier books). The initial problem is intriguing--a woman with a seizure-warning dog allows her dog to be cloned, under questionable circumstances, in hopes of being able to recreate the seizure-warning capabilities of the dog to help others. She becomes concerned, however, that the new puppy (one of a litter of clones, her reward for contributing her aging dog's DNA in the first place) doesn't seem to have the a ...more
Shazza Maddog
Sep 25, 2011 Shazza Maddog rated it really liked it
Kathleen O'Nan
Feb 24, 2016 Kathleen O'Nan rated it liked it
This is the 5th Rachel and Dash book and as fun as the previous ones. This involves clandestine cloning - of dogs with special in-born talents. Rachel winds up with the aging dog who was cloned and one of the puppies that is the result - and a lot of trouble! I like the fast pace and the fact that there is a lot of humor in her books. I'll order the next one.
Julia K. Lawrence
Clones are Cool

This was a detailed mystery. Only a little science was involved. The story unfolded very slowly. However there were enough dog details to keep me entranced.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
This was the first mystery I have read by this author. Years ago I read her non-fiction dog book called 'Mother Knows Best' and knew she was great writer and dog trainer. Her mystery, starring Rachel Alexander and her canine partner, Dashiell, was excellent as a mystery, detective story, strong female protagonist fiction, etc. I really enjoyed it.
Daniele
Good cozy series for dog lovers. This is miy first to read of the series and I feel it would have been better had I started with the first book. Not muh is explained from previous plots. That said, this plot, though far fetched now, could one day be a realitiy. Ok, easy read with a moderate mystery.
Marsha Nelson
Dec 19, 2010 Marsha Nelson rated it liked it
Rachel newest client is a woman who is looking for the person who cloned her dog. Yes, cloned. A mystery wrapped in the controversary surrounding the cloning issues.
Woodwonk
Aug 15, 2008 Woodwonk rated it liked it
This book just makes me want to run out and adopt any dog I see. I know it's a mystery with people in it but, the dogs are the best characters
Anne
Feb 17, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
Recommended to Anne by: no one
I enjoy the characters from her book and her story lines. Hard to put down once you start reading.
Erin
Apr 21, 2011 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
1st book I've read from this series. I would read more. :)
Karen-Leigh
Aug 06, 2015 Karen-Leigh rated it really liked it
Shelves: cosy-mysteries
Rachel and Dash are incomparable.
Helen
Mar 31, 2011 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cloned pooches and greed
Katharine
Katharine marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Peter A. Schorr
Peter A. Schorr rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Beth Anderson-Harold
Beth Anderson-Harold rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Phyllis Wright
Phyllis Wright marked it as to-read
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Jill
Jill added it
Apr 22, 2016
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Tina Harshbarger
Tina Harshbarger marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
MIPat
MIPat marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Feb 06, 2016
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Nikki Raichlin
Nikki Raichlin marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
  • Rapid Fire (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #2)
  • The House on Bloodhound Lane
  • Changespell (Changespell Saga , #2)
  • Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis, #4)
  • Heart Fire (Celta's Heartmates, #13)
  • Get Out or Die (Aurelia Marcella, #1)
  • Rottweiler Rescue (Diane Brennan Mystery #1)
  • Hades
  • Uggie--My Story
  • Bark M For Murder
  • Of All Sad Words: A Dan Rhodes Mystery (Sheriff Dan Rhodes #15)
A noted dog trainer and former detective, Carol Lea Benjamin is the author of books on canine behavior and training as well as the Rachel Alexander and Dash mystery series. She has been honored by the International Association of Canine Professionals with her election to their Hall of Fame. Ms. Benjamin lives in Greenwich Village with her husband and their dogs.
More about Carol Lea Benjamin...

Rachel Alexander & Dash (9 books)
  • This Dog for Hire (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #1)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #2)
  • A Hell of a Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #3)
  • Lady Vanishes (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #4)
  • The Long Good Boy (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #6)
  • Fall Guy (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #7)
  • Without a Word (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #8)
  • The Hard Way (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #9)