Start by marking “The Wrong Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash #5)” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash #5)

The Wrong Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash #5)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  10 reviews
From former detective turned noted author and dog trainer, Carol Lea Benjamin, comes the fifth book in the critically-lauded Rachel Alexander mystery series, for the first time in mass market.

Sophie Gordon didn't let her epilepsy get in the way of her life as a teacher of deaf children. But without her trusty canine companion, an indispensable service dog named Blanche, sh
Published July 26th 2005 by Avon (first published October 2000)

Roberta
This was the first mystery I have read by this author. It took me a chapter to sort of catch up because I hadn't read the first books in the series but it wasn't a serious disadvantage. I intend to look for the other books in the series.

I happened to come across this book at the library fair and picked it up with two other good mysteries featuring dogs. The mystery, essentially involving a mad scientist funded by a criminally rich egotist, was pretty interesting, the detective is suitably amate
Elizabeth
This is one of a detective series featuring Dash and his person (I've not read the earlier books). The initial problem is intriguing--a woman with a seizure-warning dog allows her dog to be cloned, under questionable circumstances, in hopes of being able to recreate the seizure-warning capabilities of the dog to help others. She becomes concerned, however, that the new puppy (one of a litter of clones, her reward for contributing her aging dog's DNA in the first place) doesn't seem to have the a ...more
Shazza Maddog
Laura (Kyahgirl)
This was the first mystery I have read by this author. Years ago I read her non-fiction dog book called 'Mother Knows Best' and knew she was great writer and dog trainer. Her mystery, starring Rachel Alexander and her canine partner, Dashiell, was excellent as a mystery, detective story, strong female protagonist fiction, etc. I really enjoyed it.
Daniele
Good cozy series for dog lovers. This is miy first to read of the series and I feel it would have been better had I started with the first book. Not muh is explained from previous plots. That said, this plot, though far fetched now, could one day be a realitiy. Ok, easy read with a moderate mystery.
Marsha Nelson
Rachel newest client is a woman who is looking for the person who cloned her dog. Yes, cloned. A mystery wrapped in the controversary surrounding the cloning issues.
Woodwonk
This book just makes me want to run out and adopt any dog I see. I know it's a mystery with people in it but, the dogs are the best characters
Anne
Feb 17, 2013 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
Recommended to Anne by: no one
I enjoy the characters from her book and her story lines. Hard to put down once you start reading.
Erin
1st book I've read from this series. I would read more. :)
Helen
cloned pooches and greed
Susie
Susie added it
Dec 23, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Rai
Rai marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
♥ Sandi
♥ Sandi marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Smith Joy
Smith Joy marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Joan E
Joan E marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A noted dog trainer and former detective, Carol Lea Benjamin is the author of books on canine behavior and training as well as the Rachel Alexander and Dash mystery series. She has been honored by the International Association of Canine Professionals with her election to their Hall of Fame. Ms. Benjamin lives in Greenwich Village with her husband and their dogs.
More about Carol Lea Benjamin...
This Dog for Hire (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #1) The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #2) A Hell of a Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #3) Mother Knows Best: The Natural Way to Train Your Dog Lady Vanishes (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #4)