Start by marking “Powers Definitive Collection Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Powers Definitive Collection Vol. 2

Powers Definitive Collection Vol. 2 (Powers Definitive Collection #2)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Book by Brian Michael Bendis
Published February 4th 2009 by Marvel (first published September 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Powers Definitive Collection Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powers Definitive Collection Vol. 2

Trey
Overall, volume 2 is better than volume 1, but the art seems to be getting progressively worse. I wasn't sure I liked the straight Bruce Timm-ish art, but I definitely like it better than what's going on here, almost a caricature of the style from the first arc. Some pages look like they were rushed, and some are so grainy they look like they were smaller images blown up to fill whole pages. Maybe Michael Avon Oeming is trying to develop his own style on the fly, but he's not at his best here.

Th...more
J.
The first story--Little Deaths--didn't really do it for me. The resolution was just too nonexistent. And even though some people loved the gossip mag homage in the middle, I didn't feel like it contributed to the story.

The second story--Supergroup--was much better. It's got a cool story, it arcs nicely, and has a fantastically unforeseen ending. Pretty excellent.

The final story--Anarchy--is really good, but doesn't really resolve. I can only assume this plotline will be picked up later on. But,...more
Emily
Jun 23, 2010 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who liked vol. 1
Recommended to Emily by: Isaac & vol. 1
Shelves: comics
"Follow the money."
Gabrielle
This is a lot better than the previous volume, the narrative and the overall story are ten times a much improvement. The last storyline of this volume was a superb way to comeback for one of the main characters, Detective Christian Walker, and answered the question, "What happened to him after he came out to public about his thoughts on the FG-3 case?". I do believe that after his friend, Triphammer helped him financially he became depressed and allowed himself to be fat and timid. Also that na...more
Roxanne
Jan 10, 2011 Roxanne rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Roxanne by: Simeon Berry
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was OK. I got really upset about the things that happen to Walker in the middle--he really got screwed over. The end of this volume helped with that a bit, but not entirely. I got really frustrated by the many, many typographical errors in this volume. I know there's a lot more words on the page here than in a typical comic book (especially on the at-first-interesting-but-eventually-annoying news pages), but you need to pay as much attention to your words as you do your art. Although these...more
Joe
Barely holding on to that 3 stars. I think I'm going to have to take a break after charging through the first two volumes of this. Maybe some time will help reinvigorate things between me and Powers.
Kerry
To be honest, I read a bunch of these "definitive" collections back-to-back, so I don't really remember how I feel about each specific one anymore. But they all get 3 or 4 stars. I burn through them in a day or two. (This one just took me a long time because I forgot how much I liked it, for a while. Then I picked it up again and remembered.)
Nicolas
I enjoy this series, but sometimes it gets a little too heavy. Also, I feel like they overuse the interview bit to get expository information in. It feels like a of a cop out. If you want to fill a page with text, write a novel. That aside this is an intersting and inventive series that I plan to keep reading.
Adrian George
Finished reading the comic portion before my Christmas trip, but didn't want to lug such a large volume with me. There are a lot of extras in this one. A very good collection overall that gives some good insight into Walker.
I didn't find the plot as enjoyable as the first volume - the Olympia one for example, I wasn't a fan. Still the artwork is really cool so four stars from me.
Deidre
the incredible team of bendis and oeming makes this a sheer joy to read. i look forward to volume 3!
Andrew Scaife
Really hit its stride with this second volume. A big improvement. Just great storytelling and wonderful art.
Paula
Feb 03, 2012 Paula rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Paula by: Jason Allen
Shelves: comics
I really need to go back and read volume 1 but so far I'm loving volume 2 just as much. Kutter!
James T
Little violent but a great read.
Ori Ganani
Ori Ganani marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Julio
Julio marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Fernando
Fernando marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Bill Bryant
Bill Bryant marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Volume 4
  • The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Volume 1
  • Criminal: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1
  • X-Factor: Heart Of Ice
  • Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 3: Conqueror Worm and Strange Places (Hellboy, #5-6)
  • Absolute Planetary Book Two
  • Y: The Last Man - The Deluxe Edition Book Three
  • FF, Vol. 2
  • Gotham Central, Book Four: Corrigan
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Volume 6

Though he started as a writer and artist of independent noir fiction series, he shot...more
More about Brian Michael Bendis...
House of M Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility The New Avengers, Vol. 1: Breakout Powers, Vol. 1: Who Killed Retro Girl? Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers