Start by marking “Powers: Definitive Collection, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Powers: Definitive Collection, Vol. 2

Powers: Definitive Collection, Vol. 2 (Powers: Definitive Collection #2)

Following hot on the heels of the first-ever Powers hardcover, it's a hardcover collection of the entire second year of Powers in chronological order! These epic Powers stories are presented in order of publication - remastered, redesigned and reformatted! Also featuring all the Powers bonus features you've come to know and love: sketchwork, scripts, interviews, galleries, ...more
Published February 4th 2009 by Marvel (first published September 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Powers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powers

Trey
Aug 13, 2010 Trey rated it really liked it
Overall, volume 2 is better than volume 1, but the art seems to be getting progressively worse. I wasn't sure I liked the straight Bruce Timm-ish art, but I definitely like it better than what's going on here, almost a caricature of the style from the first arc. Some pages look like they were rushed, and some are so grainy they look like they were smaller images blown up to fill whole pages. Maybe Michael Avon Oeming is trying to develop his own style on the fly, but he's not at his best here.

Th
Robert
Apr 15, 2015 Robert rated it it was amazing
Darker, Sexier, and possibly even better than the first collection.
J.
Sep 24, 2011 J. rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
The first story--Little Deaths--didn't really do it for me. The resolution was just too nonexistent. And even though some people loved the gossip mag homage in the middle, I didn't feel like it contributed to the story.

The second story--Supergroup--was much better. It's got a cool story, it arcs nicely, and has a fantastically unforeseen ending. Pretty excellent.

The final story--Anarchy--is really good, but doesn't really resolve. I can only assume this plotline will be picked up later on. But,
Emily
Jun 21, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who liked vol. 1
Recommended to Emily by: Isaac & vol. 1
Shelves: comics
"Follow the money."
Gabrielle
May 11, 2013 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
This is a lot better than the previous volume, the narrative and the overall story are ten times a much improvement. The last storyline of this volume was a superb way to comeback for one of the main characters, Detective Christian Walker, and answered the question, "What happened to him after he came out to public about his thoughts on the FG-3 case?". I do believe that after his friend, Triphammer helped him financially he became depressed and allowed himself to be fat and timid. Also that na ...more
Roxanne
Jan 10, 2011 Roxanne rated it liked it
Recommended to Roxanne by: Simeon Berry
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was OK. I got really upset about the things that happen to Walker in the middle--he really got screwed over. The end of this volume helped with that a bit, but not entirely. I got really frustrated by the many, many typographical errors in this volume. I know there's a lot more words on the page here than in a typical comic book (especially on the at-first-interesting-but-eventually-annoying news pages), but you need to pay as much attention to your words as you do your art. Although these ...more
Kerry
Apr 02, 2011 Kerry rated it really liked it
To be honest, I read a bunch of these "definitive" collections back-to-back, so I don't really remember how I feel about each specific one anymore. But they all get 3 or 4 stars. I burn through them in a day or two. (This one just took me a long time because I forgot how much I liked it, for a while. Then I picked it up again and remembered.)
Nicolas
May 16, 2012 Nicolas rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I enjoy this series, but sometimes it gets a little too heavy. Also, I feel like they overuse the interview bit to get expository information in. It feels like a of a cop out. If you want to fill a page with text, write a novel. That aside this is an intersting and inventive series that I plan to keep reading.
Adrian George
May 18, 2013 Adrian George rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-comics
Finished reading the comic portion before my Christmas trip, but didn't want to lug such a large volume with me. There are a lot of extras in this one. A very good collection overall that gives some good insight into Walker.
Drucilla
Jul 11, 2015 Drucilla rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I do like this series, but I wish there was a little more "outside the case" stuff being shown. The cases all feel compartmentalized. This series does include better extras than other collected volumes I've read, though, so that's nice.
Deidre
Dec 23, 2010 Deidre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
the incredible team of bendis and oeming makes this a sheer joy to read. i look forward to volume 3!
Paula
Aug 02, 2010 Paula rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Paula by: Jason Allen
Shelves: comics
I really need to go back and read volume 1 but so far I'm loving volume 2 just as much. Kutter!
James
Jul 31, 2016 James rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comicbooks
When superheroes are seen as babysitters of the human race no one gets what they want.
Justin
Apr 07, 2015 Justin rated it it was amazing
Great. Simply great.
Joe
Mar 22, 2014 Joe rated it liked it
Barely holding on to that 3 stars. I think I'm going to have to take a break after charging through the first two volumes of this. Maybe some time will help reinvigorate things between me and Powers.
Andrew Scaife
Jan 16, 2012 Andrew Scaife rated it really liked it
Really hit its stride with this second volume. A big improvement. Just great storytelling and wonderful art.
Aug 22, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
I didn't find the plot as enjoyable as the first volume - the Olympia one for example, I wasn't a fan. Still the artwork is really cool so four stars from me.
James T
Aug 08, 2013 James T rated it really liked it
Little violent but a great read.
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Christian Vargas
Christian Vargas rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Ian Suarez
Ian Suarez rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2017
Andrei Nedel
Andrei Nedel rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Red
Red rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Phil
Phil rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Zachariah
Zachariah rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Will
Will rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Nate
Nate rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2017
Joe
Joe rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Steven Matview
Steven Matview rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2009
  • X-Factor: Overtime
  • Daredevil by Frank Miller Omnibus Companion
  • Bop!: More Box Office Poison
  • Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 3

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

Powers: Definitive Collection (6 books)
  • Powers: Definitive Collection, Vol. 1