Start by marking “The Whole Soy Cookbook, 175 delicious, nutritious, easy-to-prepare Recipes featuring tofu, tempeh, and various forms of nature's healthiest Bean” as Want to Read:

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Now that medical research has confirmed that soy really "can" lower your cholesterol, slow bone loss, fight heart disease and cancer, and even moderate the symptoms of menopause, here are 175 delicious ways to incorporate soy products into your diet.
These mouthwatering recipes--from potatoes au gratin, pizza, meat loaf, brownies, cheesecake, and ice cream to tiramisu, faji
Published January 27th 1998 by Three Rivers Press

Be the first to ask a question about The Whole Soy Cookbook, 175 delicious, nutritious, easy-to-prepare Recipes featuring tofu, tempeh, and various forms of nature's healthiest Bean

Some of the recipes use obvious substitutions (soy milk, soy margarine, soy cheese...) but are otherwise the same as any you'd find in a mainstream cookbook. But many are pretty cool, and, while I haven't tested extensively, I can't think of anything I've made from this book that hasn't turned out well. The "cream scones," in particular, were a hit at a family gathering a few years back. There's also a nice introduction to all the various forms soy comes in these days (everything from flour to T ...more
Lisa Vegan
Jun 27, 2007 Lisa Vegan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those interested in soy for health
Have this on my vegan as well as vegetarian shelf even though at least one recipe contains the non vegan ingredient honey, much to my disappointment. But I was afraid this book would be nothing but tempeh, a food I don't enjoy at all even though I think it's healthier than more processed soy products. But there are a variety of recipes and I appreciate that there is nutritional information displayed for each of them, including that for the amounts of protein & soy protein.
Molly
So far, so good.
Louisa
Louisa added it
Sep 17, 2014
Rebecca Rybak
Rebecca Rybak marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2014
Dedra
Dedra added it
Jul 20, 2014
Vitaly
Vitaly added it
Jul 10, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
David Mchenry
David Mchenry marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Lynn
Lynn added it
Jun 30, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013