Start by marking “Found: God's Will: Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life” as Want to Read:
Found: God's Will: Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life

Found: God's Will: Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,239 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
GET READY FOR A SURPRISE!

You may want to jump and shout when you read the sixth principle for knowing when you have found God's will.

The sixth principle is "Do whatever you want" as long as the first five principles are operating in your life.

Audio CD, 0 pages
Published January 1st 2011 by christianaudio (first published November 30th 1972)

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found

Mandy J. Hoffman
MY REVIEW:

Are you, like so many others, wondering what God's will is for your life? Whether it is at the brink of adulthood or as gray-headed adult looking for change or out of curiosity or any phase in between - this book is for you! It's a perfect read no matter what your age, stage, or maturity level is and it's delightfully short and easy to read.

I personally enjoyed the audio version of this book due to it's shortness and simplicity. John MacArthur doesn't waste your time beating around the
Shola
Jan 12, 2013 Shola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nookbooks
A well written, thought provoking book by a teacher of the Gospel. This book is for everyone at any stage in their walk in Christ. If you are unaware of the will of God for you or if you are not sure if you are doing his will, this will definitely give you a clear vision. It is the will of God above all,for all you embark on in your life that you succeed which is the fifth principle he talked about....so money is the will of God for me,he is running my want.
But a hard nugget he mentioned was the
Tom
Apr 02, 2016 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: followers of Jesus
Recommended to Tom by: The Holy Spirit
I like the simplicity of this book. I think sometimes we overthink or complicate God's will for our lives, looking for a sign or a special feeling. God's word has a lot to say about His will which is largely to walk with Him and grow in personal holiness. My big take away from this book can be summed up by Psalm 37:4, namely that if "we delight ourselves in the Lord" (are walking with God), in communion through reading, prayer, listening, fasting, worshiping, evangelism, sharing, giving, etc, an ...more
Andrea
Mar 27, 2014 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
This should be required reading for every new Christian.
Heather
Jan 04, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book begins and ends with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“Don’t ever water down the gospel. If the truth offends, then let it offend. People have been living their whole lives in offense to God; let them be offended for a while.”
Most of the book is spent helping the reader to understand salvation and the Holy Spirit.
“Do you know what the Spirit-filled life is? It is living every moment as though you are standing in the presence of Christ.”
The remaining chapters address sanctification, submiss
Ed
Oct 16, 2015 Ed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was probably the greatest little book that I have ever read. It was only 61 pages long, and MacArthur used plenty of Scripture for reference and showed how simple it is in following the Lord's will. This book is not for the unsaved, but after they do get saved, it would probably be the most important book (excluding the Word of God), that a new Christian should possess and read.
Jan 20, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
The big ideas are great, and overall the book is very valuable because of that. However, I found myself questioning a few statements that seemed out of character for MacArthur, such as there being no need to analyze the Christian life. I really don't think he meant a few of things he wrote, at least in the way they came across. The careful reader will spot these, put them in their proper context, and move on with no harm done, but I worry that what seems an oversight or lack of clarity may be mi ...more
Jeff Short
This little booklet is clear and to the point concerning God's will in your life. He lays a foundation of five principles concerning God's will for the individual from Scripture. He arrives at what may be a surprising conclusion in the sixth principle. It is well worth your time to read and think on.
Jimmy
Jan 23, 2016 Jimmy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There seems to be no shortage of so called “Christian” books on God’s will and yet few of them are biblical. John MacArthur’s book Found: God’s Will is a helpful work on this subject since it is biblically driven and definitely not man-centered. In seven chapters MacArthur lays out logically what God’s Will is for our lives.
I thought this was very practical and yet theological at the same time. I appreciate MacArthur’s point in the beginning of the book that it’s kind of pointless to talk about
Pablo Gutierrez
Feb 05, 2016 Pablo Gutierrez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uno de los temas más apasionantes y relevantes dentro de la fe cristiana: la soberanía y la voluntad de Dios.

MacArthur hace un trabajo excepcional describiendo a detalle lo que significa la voluntad de Dios revelada en su palabra. Una vez se dilucida este tema, de manera muy comprensible, explica cómo el querer siempre moverse dentro de esa voluntad estriba en un requisito sine qua non: tomar una decisión.

Se debe creer que si es Dios quien está creando y generando anhelos en el corazón, al crist
Richard Kuhn
I liked FOUND:GOD'S WILL, however, I think it's meant for a newer Christian. In that respect, I most definitely would not hesitate to recommend the book to such a person. Recommending the author, JOHN MACARTHUR could be somewhat counter-productive as to why you're giving the person the book in the first place.

MACARTHUR is a giant in the Christian/inspiration genre. In this work, however, he employs a tough vocabulary to make his points. So rough is some of the wording that it could be a turn off
Allen Tsai
Mar 27, 2014 Allen Tsai rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Rather than some mystic pursuit, MacArthur shows how Scripture is quite clear on God's will. Out the gate, you expect the book to list steps on how to discern God's will for everyday decisions in life. I appreciated how MacArthur broadens the reader's perspective to see what truly matters to God. God is not necessarily concerned with the job you have or the location you live in, but greater matters like salvation, being Spirit-filled, growing in sanctification, submitting to God-ordained authori ...more
Garrett
Feb 18, 2016 Garrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A great read for any Christian, MacArthur simplifies the concept of God's will down to five areas for us to work on/reflect on/improve on/better understand/etc, etc... and then how to apply it with the sixth.

A pretty short and quick read, but with plenty of biblical references to make his points, MacArthur does a great job of explaining and giving examples of his five areas. This will probably be a book that I will try to read at least once a year, not only because it's a fast read, but also fo
Travis
John MacArthur’s Found: God’s Will has for many years been my go-to book to offer Christians a brief answer to the question of how they might understand God’s will in their lives. When Christians ask about God’s will, they are generally looking for advice on how to make a decision so as not to displease their Lord. MacArthur, in only a few pages (or just over an hour of an audio book), offers as clear an answer as anyone I’ve seen.

Positives

In his book and philosophy of discerning God’s will, J
Mindy Detweiler
From christianaudio.com

GET READY FOR A SURPRISE!

Read about all six principles to better understand what the psalmist means when he urges, "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart" (Psalm 37:4).

Dr. John MacArthur, Jr. is pastor of Grace Co
Steve
Feb 20, 2016 Steve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short, concise, and biblical answer to a wonderful question that every Christian asks at one time or another. A great resource for all believers, but especially to those who have come out from under the tutelage of "listening to God's voice through silent meditation." This pocket size booklet is also perfect to distribute to your friends and/or family members whose walk with the Lord suffers from an inadequate understanding of God's Word because of that errant teaching.
Vickie Dianne Showers
GOD's WILL BE DONE IN MY LIFE

I ENJOYED THIS BOOK IMMENSELY. NOW I CAN SAY THAT I UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT THE WILL OF GOD WORKING IN MY LIFE. LORD, USE ME THAT I MAY BE A WORKING TOOL FOR BRINGING THE LOST IN. MAY I BE A SOUL WINNER FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD. MY LIFE IS YOURS LORD.DO WITH MY LIFE IN THE WAY YOU CHOOSE LORD. HELP ME TO BE A WILLING SACRIFICE AND WORK FOR YOU BRINGING HONOR, GLORY, AND PRAISE TO YOUR NAME.
Logan
Apr 13, 2014 Logan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MacArthur does an excellent job of telling us not to be indecisive and wait for God to miraculously reveal His will. His advice is to conform your life to biblical principals and thereby live in God's will, at which point your desires become what God desires for your life. Do what you want to do, as long as you make God your focus.

This was a short, free book recently available on Amazon.
Pavel Espinal
Jul 10, 2014 Pavel Espinal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must-read for any Christian. Solidly grounded in Scripture, clear, concise and addressed an important issue.

Are you unaware of God's will for you?
How do you know if you are doing His will?
What should you do in that hard decision that you have to face now?
Which way should you go, will you be honoring God with that?

This short (very short, indeed) book is highly recommended.
Zachary Guthrie
Feb 29, 2016 Zachary Guthrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short book explaining the basic concept of God's will in a nutshell. I definitely do not recommend stopping here (you need Scripture in the first place for the best explanation), but I recommend this book for new believers wanting to get a crash course of the concept.
Alisha Clarke
Mar 15, 2016 Alisha Clarke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a re-read for me, and I absolutely love it. Even though it is only just over 60 pages long, and doesn't take more than a couple of hours to read, it is such an incredible view on how we can find God's Will for our lives. I was very inspired and love this so very VERY much.
Hollie D
May 08, 2014 Hollie D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a tiny little book but it is so good. MacArthur is very straight forward about the will of God for His children. It includes salvation, holiness and sanctification. I like that he is clear that human action (like reading the Word daily and prayer) are key elements in the Christian life.
Brandon Perry
Feb 13, 2015 Brandon Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be fantastic and helpful in the journey towards living a life for Christ and living on purpose. He gives a few key things to consider then in the last chapter closes well on getting going. I won't go in to detail in this review, as it defeats the purpose of you reading for yourself :-)
Luke Miller
Apr 26, 2016 Luke Miller rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: god-s-will
Solid. He works his way through the references in Scripture to things that are clearly God's will. If you are doing those things, you can simply do what you want to do in the other areas. There were some good thoughts scattered throughout.
Richard Minor
Aug 01, 2014 Richard Minor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very well thought out corrective to much of the muttled thinking in this area. I would recommend this short book to anyone trying to figure out God's will for their life.
Wilhelm van der Merwe
Short but very sweet! Five aspects of finding God's Will in my life set out crisp and clear with a very refreshing, almost relaxed, easy reading style. Highly recommended.
Carole Parma
This is a short but effective guide to figuring out God's Will in our lives. Much simpler than many folks make it out to be! Also good is Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung.
Pam
Apr 04, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clear and direct!

excellent booklet to give to new Christians and to those who, may need refreshing in what Gods will is for our life. we are called to be salt and light to the world not to be conformed to the world.
Lindsay Welsh
Feb 22, 2016 Lindsay Welsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like how he puts it- God's will for your life is to be saved, spirit-filled, sanctified, submissive and suffering. The 5 S's seen throughout scripture.
Claire
Jun 12, 2014 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clear, concise, and well thought-out. I would not rate this as a highly influential or compelling, nor was it funny, but that can be forgiven. It was solidly grounded in Scripture and addressed an important issue. It is only about 60 pages, and definitely worth a read!
  • Can I Have Joy In My Life? (Crucial Questions, #12)
  • A Quest For More: Living For Something Bigger than You
  • Getting to No: How to Break a Stubborn Habit
  • True Community: The Biblical Practice of Koinonia
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation
  • John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine & Doxology
  • In Christ Alone: Living the Gospel Centered Life
John F. MacArthur, Jr. is a United States Calvinistic evangelical writer and minister, noted for his radio program entitled Grace to You and as the editor of the Gold Medallion Book Award winning MacArthur Study Bible. MacArthur is a fifth-generation pastor, a popular author and conference speaker and has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California since 1969, and ...more
More about John F. MacArthur Jr....

“So many times I think to myself that if Christians ever learned to live the kind of life Peter described, we would turn the world upside down (Acts 17:6). But sometimes the world can’t distinguish us from itself.” 0 likes
“the will of God is not primarily a place. The will of God is not, first of all, for you to go there or work here. The will of God concerns you as a person. If you are the right you, you can follow your desires and you will fulfill His will.” 0 likes