The Art and Business of Photography

The Art and Business of Photography

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Photographers now have the ideal resource to build a solid foundation for success. The Art and Business of Photography takes an honest approach to the photography profession and is a guide to the artistic and business skills that are the foundation of a career in photography. Professional photographer and former ASMP president, Susan Carr, discusses the realities of the ph...more
Published February 15th 2011 by Allworth Press

To ask other readers questions about The Art and Business of Photography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art and Business of Photography

Melissa Roach
Description:
In The Art and Business of Photography, Carr offers both a detailed history of the industry and of-the-moment advice about the profession today. Her comprehensive guide provides essential information about the photographer’s legal and business concerns, and explains the difficult balance between maintaining a successful business and pursuing creative, noncommercial photography work. Both aspiring and established photographers can draw inspiration from three photo essays, as well as...more
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I run a fairly small scale part-time photography business specializing in Equine and Pet Photography. I fell into this work almost by chance and a book like this would have been extremely helpful 7 years ago when I started out by winging everything I was doing, while it all worked out for me in the end if I had this book or one like it I would have had a lot less stress in the beginning.

Every year or so I go through a few books on the business of photography to help me with my business, inspire...more
Kathleen Messmer
I purchased this book for an upcoming class, but when I started glancing through it I found myself not being able to put it down because it's LOADED with so much great information!
Mwr
Mwr marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Erina
Erina marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Jessie
Jessie is currently reading it
Jul 04, 2013
**S a b i n e l**
**S a b i n e l** marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Lucy Wightman
Lucy Wightman marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2012
Nicole Marino
Nicole Marino marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2011
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2011
Imene
Imene marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2011
Innes Ferguson
Innes Ferguson marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2011
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2011
Lloyd Barnes
Lloyd Barnes marked it as to-read
May 06, 2011
Melody Schreiber
Melody Schreiber marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2011
Nando
Nando is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2011
The ASMP Guide to New Markets in Photography The Art and Business of Photography The Ballad of Desiree Jenny Brown And The Whispering Caves Environmental Policies and NGO Influence: Land Degradation and Sustainable Resource Management in Sub-Saharan Africa (Routledge Research Global Environmental Change Series)