Start by marking “Gone in the Night” as Want to Read:
Gone in the Night

Gone in the Night

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The anxiously awaited chronicle of a case that received major national media coverage--in which a father was wrongly accused of murdering his daughter--by David Protess, the award-winning investigative journalist who broke the story. An electrifying true crime story.
Mass Market Paperback
Published May 1st 1994 by Dell (first published April 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Gone in the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone in the Night

Patricia Atkinson
I thought it was a touching story but it really dragged in spots.the police and crown prosicuters really messed up the case and twisted the witnesses stories.its a sad story of the murder and curuption of it.
Cindy
Elaine
Story of an abducted and murdered child. Most of the book is centralized around the trial and covers a seemingly prejudiced judge and an non-cohesive defense team, along with a rather misguided set of jurors. This is a prime example of how good people can make poor judgments when their imaginations are allowed to flourish. This was a conviction based on haste and emotion rather than law.
A.R.
The miscarriage of justice that's covered in this book is astounding, and in this country, no less. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Apparently, a father losing his daughter to a child killer isn't enough torture--the "justice system" has to put him in prison.
Lindsay
I loved this book. I flew through it in a little over a week. It is the true story of a kidnapping in Chicago and it is amazing to see all the screws up made by professionals. It makes me think about how carefully I should be doing my job.
Christa
I've tried to read this book twice, but it hits too close to home.
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Barbara B
Barbara B marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Suzie Flohr
Suzie Flohr marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Erin Lane
Erin Lane marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Lynsay
Lynsay marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kelsie Stanhope
Kelsie Stanhope marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Virginia Mercado olvera
Virginia Mercado olvera is currently reading it
May 02, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Erican
Erican marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Rachael Morris
Rachael Morris marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Sam Exline
Sam Exline marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A Promise of Justice Agenda Setting: Readings on Media, Public Opinion, and Policymaking Justice Served: The Fight to Save Four Innocent Men