Start by marking “Love's Masquerade” as Want to Read:
Love's Masquerade

Love's Masquerade (Romance #5)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  540 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Plunged into the often indistinguishable realms of fiction, fantasy, and hidden desires, Auden Frost discovers a shifting landscape that will force her to question everything she has believed to be true about herself and the nature of love. It began one winter morning when Auden set out to interview for a much-needed position as an editor in the nonfiction division of Palm ...more
Published November 4th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Masquerade

Mike
Apr 17, 2016 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the previous bullet point review I did so I'm going to try that again here. (+ = positive, ? = unsure, - = negative).

(+) Auden and Haydon (the two main women) had really interesting personalities and worked really well together. The secrets between the two of them were entirely believable and resulted in a conflict that I felt made total sense - which is rare for me to say about a romance book.
(+) The side characters were pleasing and added a lot to the story. I loved how supportive Gayl
Pricelessfem
Nov 20, 2011 Pricelessfem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian-romance
This book was good and I mostly appreciated that she showed the beginings of a relationship between a interacial couple. That is one thing that I have noticed with writer's is that they very rarely step outside of their own race when it comes to the story and there are plenty interacial lesbian couples. Very good!
Fin
May 14, 2014 Fin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carolyn McBride
There were parts I was not impressed with, let's get those out of the way first.
The sex was unremarkable. Sorry, Rad. Didn't do a thing for me and after I had closed the book, I barely remembered the sex, even though two characters were writing it.
What did impress me and stayed with me after the book was closed was the secret between the two main characters. It was unique and believable, and the way their relationship flared and developed made an impression on me as well.
Leavethesky
WARNING: If you have any familiarity with traditional publishing, don't bother reading Love's Masquerade. The writer's depiction of the publishing world is so far off the mark it's embarrassing. Once you've been torn so thoroughly from the world of the story by a failure in the world-building, it's impossible to read further. I understand that the world of romance novels is supposed to be idealized, but unless I'm reading a fantasy I expect the world of the romance to reflect at some level, the ...more
Sally Trotter
Fabulous read not to be missed

A wonderful story of fiction and fantasy meeting real life. Definitely worthy of at least 5 stars the emotion leaps from the pages and pulls you into the story . The clever way the book combines the world of lesbian fiction with the story of the interaction between the main characters is amazing one of Radclyffe's finest
Maria
Dec 03, 2013 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: lgtbq-fic
The story was very emotional and dealt with terminal illness. It is a bit of a roller coaster ride emotionally and there are plenty of sensual scenes in the story.

I really liked Thane, one of the side characters and an author at the publishing line Auden works at. She came off at first as flirty and cocky. But, there was a lot of heart to her and vulnerability at the end of the day. She might be my favorite character of the book. I liked her relationship with Gayle, Auden's tenant and best frie
P. CLIFFORD
Oct 09, 2015 P. CLIFFORD rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner

A great story. Clever writing with books within the books. Very hot and sexy as expected. Formulaic? Certainly, but so is Nora Roberts! Like Roberts, good strong female characters. I'll keep reading her stuff! Wish it weren't so expensive.
EPPS
Oct 09, 2015 EPPS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REALLY GOOD BOOK. ANOTHER BOOK THAT HAD EVERYTHING IN IT, FROM THE OVERWHELMING LOVE FOR EACH OTHER AND THE ILLNESS THAT THREATENED THAT LOVE, WHICH NY THE WAY DEF LEFT TEARS ON MY TABLET.
Daveia
Oct 16, 2014 Daveia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book touched me so deeply, on so many levels. I laughed, loved and cried with these characters. Just ... go read it. Go, go, go.
susan
Jan 07, 2015 susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good read.
Svetlana (Avseneva)
Apr 25, 2016 Svetlana (Avseneva) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I liked Radclyffe's interesting idea of "books in the book", but was most impressed, of course, with the storyline itself. Once again, I did not think that I would be captured as much. The strength of the experiences on the approach to the end of the book made me feel emotional as well as physical pain. It was perfect and unbearable at the same time! I like the book very much, but I find it hard to think to re-read it even though I really want it.
Kirsty
Jul 16, 2013 Kirsty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I couldn't put it down and read it within 3 days! I loved the tension between Auden and Hays before they got together, and could really feel the love between them. My only issue with this book is that it was too short, there could have been so much more added to the end, I didn't expect it to end the way it did! I have only read a few of her books, and can't wait to read more!
Simone
Sep 25, 2013 Simone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: radclyffe, romance
Sheila
Jan 04, 2010 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2010
An interesting book. It's a book about publishing and lesbian romance novelists. From the notes, it's clear it was challenging to write--there are bits and pieces of other books and sex scenes scattered throughout it--and it was sometimes challenging to read, too. But still very enjoyable. I can tell I'm going to lose a lot of money to this author. :)
Milkiways
Oct 14, 2013 Milkiways rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, lesfic
Well if you are really into erotica you would love it. In my opinion it is a well written erotica with good storyline. However, for me good storyline and humor are high priority and couple of love scene would suffice along with it therefore 3/5!
Lysa Wolffe
Lysa Wolffe marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
justLezfic
justLezfic rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Lam
Lam rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Denise M Salinas
Denise M Salinas rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Corporate Slave
Corporate Slave marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Lexi Dynon
Lexi Dynon rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Renate
Renate added it
May 24, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Abbey
Abbey rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Lorraine Lazell
Lorraine Lazell rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Simone Blaikie
Simone Blaikie rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
  • Artist's Dream
  • None So Blind
  • Carly's Sound
  • Hard Times
  • L.A. Metro (L.A. Metro, #1)
  • Small Packages (Shaken, #3)
  • Parties in Congress
  • Sequestered Hearts
19666
Radclyffe has written over forty-five romance and romantic intrigue novels, dozens of short stories, and, writing as L.L. Raand, has authored a paranormal romance series, The Midnight Hunters. She has also edited Best Lesbian Romance 2009 through 2015 as well as multiple other anthologies. She is an eight-time Lambda Literary Award finalist in romance, mystery, and erotica—winning in both romance ...more
More about Radclyffe...

Romance (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Love's Melody Lost
  • When Dreams Tremble
  • The Lonely Hearts Club
  • Secrets in the Stone
  • Desire by Starlight

“Time is so subjective, its measure totally dependent upon the means by which we mark its passage. When we follow the conventional milestones, meting out our lives with birthdays and graduations and anniversaries and funerals, we are left with voids along the way-vast stretches of empty space lost forever, never to be filled. As time grows short, the significance of each moment increases, until finally every heartbeat is of monumental importance. Or so it seems at first. I have discovered, almost too late, that time is not just arbitrary, but of no great consequence after all. She has taught me that a touch is a lifetime, a kiss forever, and that passion will transcend the limitations of fragile existence to span eternity.

I no longer worry about the beat of my heart-I need only the memory of her to live on. My soul, my very being, pulses with wonder at the places within me that she has filled, with gratitude for the wounds she has healed, and with everlasting devotion for the love she has given. In her arms, I found passion and peace and a place to rest. No matter where I travel or what road I take to reach my detestation, I will always have the comfort of her hand in my and the soft whisper of her voice reminding me that I do not need to be afraid. This, this has always been my secret desire, and now I need search no further. I am Loved, and I am content,”
15 likes