Start by marking “Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 15: Silver Sable” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 15: Silver Sable

Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 15: Silver Sable (Ultimate Spider-Man #15)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  1,037 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The head of Roxxon Oil sics the world's greatest mercenary, Silver Sable, on Spider-Man to learn why the web-spinner has targeted Roxxon on his nightly patrols. How violently Ms. Sable wants to handle the situation is strictly up to her. Spinning out of the Ultimate Spider-Man video game (written and designed by our longstanding team of Bendis and Bagley), Ultimate Silver ...more
Published May 24th 2006 by Marvel

Sesana
Jul 08, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
The highlight this time is Peter dating Kitty Pryde. They make a very cute couple, and since Peter has broken up with Mary Jane, a very natural one. Silver Sable and her somewhat inept mercenaries are at least entertaining, though I can't even begin to guess what the guy who hired them was thinking.
Nikki
Nov 29, 2013 Nikki rated it liked it
I really like Kitty Pryde. Is it okay to ship her with Peter? Is that a done thing in comics? Oh, hell, I don't care. In this volume, she was pretty awesome -- and she really can keep up with him better than Mary Jane.

The fights and so on were fairly typical, but there were some good bits (other than Kitty Pryde) dispersed throughout -- especially Aunt May's reaction to Peter trying to come clean to her about Spider-man. That's an impressive amount of that river in Egypt, May.
Jordan Lahn
Jul 29, 2013 Jordan Lahn rated it really liked it
I did really like the relationship between Peter and Kitty in this volume. I was sorry to see him break up with Mary Jane, but it's nice to see him in a relationship unique to the Ultimate Universe.
Daryl
Mar 08, 2013 Daryl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a darn good volume in the Ultimate Spider-man saga. Making Peter Parker a high school student (in the regular Marvel U, Peter didn’t stay in high school for long) is really used to advantage here. The annual reprinted here, where he starts dating the X-Men’s Kitty Pryde, is a perfect example – Peter having broken up with Mary Jane for fear of her getting hurt. Peter and Kitty's date in this issue is a precious and fun story. Other things in this volume I liked: the use of the Wrecking C ...more
Jennavier
Feb 02, 2015 Jennavier rated it really liked it
Way to shake things up! Once again the bad guy is the big change for this collection, with the honor going to the mercenary Silver Sable who did indeed have excellent hair. I was really hoping that the panic attack Peter had over his secret identity would end differently. Sadly, no dice. I'm still having fun though and that's the important thing.
Jeff Raymond
Kind of scattershot at times, although I like me some Kitty Pryde...
Mario Sanchez
Feb 16, 2017 Mario Sanchez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spider-man
I recommend this book because even though is fiction(graphic novel) is a book where you learn a lot of stuff from. In this book Spider-Man is kidnapped by the order of Sable a girl that loves to do bad things and loves to steal from other people. One night she was stealing a cargo from a rich person very popular in New York City and spider man got on her way that why she didn't like spider man. Also there's more than one story In this book that is one of the biggest reason why I recommend readin ...more
Kelsey Mitrovic
11/14
I am currently on page 57 of Ultimate Spider-Man. So far, a dragon tries to hurt X-Men's Kitty Pryde. Spider-Man fought a guy in an eight foot-tall mechanical rhino suit. An army showed up. Spider-Man defeated the rhino. At school, Peter Parker feels like he's the loser at school. He thinks that he would be cooler if he tells people that he is Spider-Man. He asked the girls if he was Spider-Man, would they think he was cool. He then told them that it wouldn't matter anyways cause he has a
Holden Attradies
Have to say I was a little thrown off by the non Bagley art in the first part. I've gotten so used to Ultimate Spider -man being his art... it felt odd. But I suppose I will have to get used to it cause not long after this he leaves the series...

Anyways, onto the important stuff: O M G Kitty Pryde! She is my all time favorite X-character and I've adored everyone of her cameo's in Ultimate Spider-man but to see the two of them get together as a couple totally gave me a nerd-gasm. Their first date
Wing Kee
May 03, 2016 Wing Kee rated it really liked it
Surprisingly enjoyable arc because of the characters.

World: I don't know why but I found the art better this arc. Bagley us good with Spidey not so much Peter but u don't know, it was actually ok. I really enjoyed the world building this arc with Roxxon, Silversable, Kitty it was good. The world is fully formed now but adding different prices and different takes from 616 is always interesting and fun.

Story: Surprisingly interesting and fun. Paced and written we the main tale of Silversable is
Stacey
Aug 24, 2008 Stacey rated it liked it
Tarique Ejaz
Feb 23, 2015 Tarique Ejaz rated it it was amazing
"Silver had always been angry since she was a child. Her anger only grew as she grew up. She hid it under the recreated mantle of aggression she wore."

The introduction of Silver Sable in her generic job as she tries to kidnap Spiderman for a big shot businessman who believes that the masked webber is working his ass off to preserve the latter's assets against unexpected superhuman assaults is right down there among the few origins that really tends to stir a fan boy's curiosity.

Overall, the stor
Craig Williams
Mar 20, 2012 Craig Williams rated it really liked it
Things are looking up for Peter Parker! Fresh from his break-up with MJ, Peter gets a call from Kitty Pryde, of the X-Men, to on a date and things are working out nicely! I have to give Bendis props for being able to write teenage dialogue so well. Everything about this relationship between Peter and Kitty feels so real, mostly due to the great dialogue. The story arc involving Silver Sable turned out to be really entertaining as well. I found it oddly refreshing that Sable's squad of mercs are ...more
Kate McDevitt
Feb 26, 2016 Kate McDevitt rated it really liked it
The good news: Peter might actually have a thing with Kitty Pride (an X-man who can take care of herself!).
The bad news: MJ is depressed and misses Peter and not happy about him finding someone new.
The bad news: someone's trying to kidnap Spider-Man.
The good news: they accidentally kidnap Flash instead, thinking he's Spider-Man
The bad news: There's a bald bird guy on the scene
The good news: There's a bald bird guy on the scene and Spider-Man is finally back in his element.

There were tons of u
Esosa
Dec 15, 2016 Esosa rated it it was amazing
Mary Jane Watson who ??

I ship Spidey & Kitty so hard.
Lissa
Dec 11, 2014 Lissa rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-2012
The best issue in this collection is the Annual, where Kitty Pryde and Peter start a relationship. I'm not a diehard Peter/Mary Jane fan, especially after how he treated her in the last arc, so it was good to see Peter find someone who is more suitable to his life of fighting crime on the sly now.

Ultimate Vulture appears (and, so far, his story isn't that developed), as does Ultimate Silver Sable (her story is more interesting). There are several brawls, as well as a case of mistaken identity th
Jedhua
Aug 28, 2016 Jedhua rated it liked it
Book Info: This collection contains Ultimate Spider-Man issues #86-90 and Ultimate Spider-Man annual #1.

description
Edward Cheer
Jan 06, 2015 Edward Cheer rated it really liked it
Definitely a step forward since the last volume, but still has it's flaws. For one, the whole kid's storybook telling of Roxxon, Sable, and Spider-Man was a goofy, and somewhat creative idea... It kind of bordered on "campy" stuff, which I haven't seen a lot of in this series. I did like the new romance arc between Petter and Kitty. I honestly didn't see that coming, and when it did come, I really liked their chemistry. Still another good addition to the Ultimate Spider-Man series.
Shaun
Jan 30, 2012 Shaun rated it really liked it
This is actually a pretty fun volume. Peter has broken up with MJ and Kitty Pride comes along and asks him out. This makes me sad, but unfortunately, Peter and Kitty are actually cute together. Spider-Man's encounter with the Silver Sable and her crew is also a lot of fun; it involves action as well as a bit of puzzle solving.
Frank
Jul 01, 2010 Frank rated it liked it
Only 9 months have gone by since the events in Issue 1? No wonder Peter's freaked all the time. This is a solid story, though the main villains--Silver Sable and Vulture--are lower down the bad guy pecking order.

However, we also get the start of the Peter Parker-Kitty Pryde relationship. MJ who?
sixthreezy
Ultimate Spider-Man has hit a bit of a lull, but usually when that happens that means it's about to pick up big time. Now that Peter is dating Kitty Pryde, I expect to see some crossover points like I did in Ultimate X-Men, Ultimates, etc.
Rene
Apr 01, 2009 Rene rated it liked it
this book would be perfect for the little sister or little brother to read is combineds fun with action. what i like about the book is how they had Peter Parker or better spider-man date Kitty from x-men because who would of thought them two would get together.
Matt Thomas
Jan 10, 2012 Matt Thomas rated it it was ok
Not bad. Not great though. Mostly a vehicle for moving Peter Parker's relationship subplot along though it was interesting to consider his social relations with other superheroes. And the Silver Sable backstory was interesting.
Lloyd
In this volume, we explore Peter/Spider-Man's relationship with Kitty Pryde, meet up with Ultimate Silver Sable, and enjoy all the usual pleasures that have made this series so difficult to put down for me.

See my reviews of prior volumes for more details.
Sharon
May 12, 2012 Sharon rated it liked it
This arc feels like the series is stalling for time for some reason. Despite its blandness, I liked seeing a bunch of villains' flunkies screw things up. I also felt sorrier for Roxxon than I was expecting.
Matthew Ledrew
This book single-handedly made me give up on the Ultimate Universe as a whole. Here it became clear that whatever plan Bendis had for the UU when he started out had been fulfilled, and now he was just treading water.
Angela
Jun 14, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
Kind of fun with the whole dating Kitty but the other storyline was a bit weak. Some nice touches with a spiderman tv movie being made.
Gabby
Dec 02, 2014 Gabby rated it liked it
This is the first volume i've picked up in weeks, and it wasn't as enjoyable as I would have hoped. Peter started dating Kitty Pryde, random villains appear, and it was overall not too good.
Michael
Jan 12, 2009 Michael rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
With a pointless story line, this volume is a pretty big low in a great series. Still, this is fun and Spidey's sarcasm is a great light.
Zach Danielson
This volume is kind of scattered, but the annual issue with the first date between (view spoiler) is cute.
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 6: Return of the King
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 10: Cry Wolf
  • Ultimatum: Requiem
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 16: Cable
  • Ultimate Iron Man, Volume 1
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 9: Skin Deep
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Volume 2: Doom

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

Ultimate Spider-Man (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 1: Power and Responsibility