Start by marking “Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 15: Silver Sable” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 15: Silver Sable

Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 15: Silver Sable (Ultimate Spider-Man #15)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  852 ratings  ·  32 reviews
The head of Roxxon Oil sics the world's greatest mercenary, Silver Sable, on Spider-Man to learn why the web-spinner has targeted Roxxon on his nightly patrols. How violently Ms. Sable wants to handle the situation is strictly up to her. Spinning out of the Ultimate Spider-Man video game (written and designed by our longstanding team of Bendis and Bagley), Ultimate Silver ...more
Published May 24th 2006 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 15, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 15

Sesana
The highlight this time is Peter dating Kitty Pryde. They make a very cute couple, and since Peter has broken up with Mary Jane, a very natural one. Silver Sable and her somewhat inept mercenaries are at least entertaining, though I can't even begin to guess what the guy who hired them was thinking.
Nikki
I really like Kitty Pryde. Is it okay to ship her with Peter? Is that a done thing in comics? Oh, hell, I don't care. In this volume, she was pretty awesome -- and she really can keep up with him better than Mary Jane.

The fights and so on were fairly typical, but there were some good bits (other than Kitty Pryde) dispersed throughout -- especially Aunt May's reaction to Peter trying to come clean to her about Spider-man. That's an impressive amount of that river in Egypt, May.
Jordan Lahn
I did really like the relationship between Peter and Kitty in this volume. I was sorry to see him break up with Mary Jane, but it's nice to see him in a relationship unique to the Ultimate Universe.
Daryl
This was a darn good volume in the Ultimate Spider-man saga. Making Peter Parker a high school student (in the regular Marvel U, Peter didn’t stay in high school for long) is really used to advantage here. The annual reprinted here, where he starts dating the X-Men’s Kitty Pryde, is a perfect example – Peter having broken up with Mary Jane for fear of her getting hurt. Peter and Kitty's date in this issue is a precious and fun story. Other things in this volume I liked: the use of the Wrecking C ...more
Jennavier
Way to shake things up! Once again the bad guy is the big change for this collection, with the honor going to the mercenary Silver Sable who did indeed have excellent hair. I was really hoping that the panic attack Peter had over his secret identity would end differently. Sadly, no dice. I'm still having fun though and that's the important thing.
Kelsey Mitrovic
11/14
I am currently on page 57 of Ultimate Spider-Man. So far, a dragon tries to hurt X-Men's Kitty Pryde. Spider-Man fought a guy in an eight foot-tall mechanical rhino suit. An army showed up. Spider-Man defeated the rhino. At school, Peter Parker feels like he's the loser at school. He thinks that he would be cooler if he tells people that he is Spider-Man. He asked the girls if he was Spider-Man, would they think he was cool. He then told them that it wouldn't matter anyways cause he has a
Tarique Ejaz
"Silver had always been angry since she was a child. Her anger only grew as she grew up. She hid it under the recreated mantle of aggression she wore."

The introduction of Silver Sable in her generic job as she tries to kidnap Spiderman for a big shot businessman who believes that the masked webber is working his ass off to preserve the latter's assets against unexpected superhuman assaults is right down there among the few origins that really tends to stir a fan boy's curiosity.

Overall, the stor
Lissa
The best issue in this collection is the Annual, where Kitty Pryde and Peter start a relationship. I'm not a diehard Peter/Mary Jane fan, especially after how he treated her in the last arc, so it was good to see Peter find someone who is more suitable to his life of fighting crime on the sly now.

Ultimate Vulture appears (and, so far, his story isn't that developed), as does Ultimate Silver Sable (her story is more interesting). There are several brawls, as well as a case of mistaken identity th
Jeff Raymond
Kind of scattershot at times, although I like me some Kitty Pryde...
Holden Attradies
Have to say I was a little thrown off by the non Bagley art in the first part. I've gotten so used to Ultimate Spider -man being his art... it felt odd. But I suppose I will have to get used to it cause not long after this he leaves the series...

Anyways, onto the important stuff: O M G Kitty Pryde! She is my all time favorite X-character and I've adored everyone of her cameo's in Ultimate Spider-man but to see the two of them get together as a couple totally gave me a nerd-gasm. Their first date
Edward Cheer
Definitely a step forward since the last volume, but still has it's flaws. For one, the whole kid's storybook telling of Roxxon, Sable, and Spider-Man was a goofy, and somewhat creative idea... It kind of bordered on "campy" stuff, which I haven't seen a lot of in this series. I did like the new romance arc between Petter and Kitty. I honestly didn't see that coming, and when it did come, I really liked their chemistry. Still another good addition to the Ultimate Spider-Man series.
Stacey
Craig Williams
Things are looking up for Peter Parker! Fresh from his break-up with MJ, Peter gets a call from Kitty Pryde, of the X-Men, to on a date and things are working out nicely! I have to give Bendis props for being able to write teenage dialogue so well. Everything about this relationship between Peter and Kitty feels so real, mostly due to the great dialogue. The story arc involving Silver Sable turned out to be really entertaining as well. I found it oddly refreshing that Sable's squad of mercs are ...more
Axell Cid
i like how it tells the story of this assassin and mercenary.
Shaun
This is actually a pretty fun volume. Peter has broken up with MJ and Kitty Pride comes along and asks him out. This makes me sad, but unfortunately, Peter and Kitty are actually cute together. Spider-Man's encounter with the Silver Sable and her crew is also a lot of fun; it involves action as well as a bit of puzzle solving.
Frank
Only 9 months have gone by since the events in Issue 1? No wonder Peter's freaked all the time. This is a solid story, though the main villains--Silver Sable and Vulture--are lower down the bad guy pecking order.

However, we also get the start of the Peter Parker-Kitty Pryde relationship. MJ who?
Magic Mike
I loved this volume. It introduces a new relationship for Peter/Spider-Man that makes a whole lot of sense and hasn't been explored too much before. There is also a thrilling villain storyline that Spidey gets tangled in. Definitely a worthy entry in the Ultimate Spider-Man universe.
Rene
this book would be perfect for the little sister or little brother to read is combineds fun with action. what i like about the book is how they had Peter Parker or better spider-man date Kitty from x-men because who would of thought them two would get together.
Lloyd
In this volume, we explore Peter/Spider-Man's relationship with Kitty Pryde, meet up with Ultimate Silver Sable, and enjoy all the usual pleasures that have made this series so difficult to put down for me.

See my reviews of prior volumes for more details.
Matt Thomas
Not bad. Not great though. Mostly a vehicle for moving Peter Parker's relationship subplot along though it was interesting to consider his social relations with other superheroes. And the Silver Sable backstory was interesting.
sixthreezy
Ultimate Spider-Man has hit a bit of a lull, but usually when that happens that means it's about to pick up big time. Now that Peter is dating Kitty Pryde, I expect to see some crossover points like I did in Ultimate X-Men, Ultimates, etc.
Matthew Ledrew
This book single-handedly made me give up on the Ultimate Universe as a whole. Here it became clear that whatever plan Bendis had for the UU when he started out had been fulfilled, and now he was just treading water.
Gabby
This is the first volume i've picked up in weeks, and it wasn't as enjoyable as I would have hoped. Peter started dating Kitty Pryde, random villains appear, and it was overall not too good.
J.
Some nice moments, and Silver Sable makes a nice non-standard Spider-man villain. But they really good parts are the Kitty/Peter moments.
Zach Danielson
This volume is kind of scattered, but the annual issue with the first date between (view spoiler) is cute.
Angela
Kind of fun with the whole dating Kitty but the other storyline was a bit weak. Some nice touches with a spiderman tv movie being made.
Michael
With a pointless story line, this volume is a pretty big low in a great series. Still, this is fun and Spidey's sarcasm is a great light.
Jedhua
My Brief Bookshelf Overview: amusing, hell-of-a-ride, likable-or-deep-characters, suspenseful-or-engaging
Brian
very excellent, realistic dialogue between Peter Parker and Kitty Pryde
Joe
I see why people liked this so much
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 3: World Tour
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 11: The Most Dangerous Game
  • Ultimatum: Requiem
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 14: Phoenix?
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 3: N-Zone
  • Ultimate Iron Man, Vol. 1
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 2: Revelations
  • Spider-Man: Matters of Life and Death

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

Ultimate Spider-Man (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 7: Irresponsible
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 8: Cats & Kings
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 9: Ultimate Six
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 10: Hollywood
House of M Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility Powers, Vol. 1: Who Killed Retro Girl? The New Avengers, Vol. 1: Breakout Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers