Start by marking “Hot & Cold (EJ12 Girl Hero, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot & Cold (EJ12 Girl Hero, #1)

Read Book

Hot & Cold (EJ12 Girl Hero #1)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  232 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Published 2010 by Lemonfizz Media

Beaulah Pragg
Apr 19, 2012 Beaulah Pragg rated it really liked it
I liked the premise of this story - Primary School girl who doubles as a spy for a secret agency and goes on a series of adventures. The things she finds difficult to do at school - like facing down bullies - becomes easier after a mission from SHINE agency which inevitably teaches her the skills she needs to solve her real life problems (this theme persists throughout the series).

It was a very quick and easy read full of well-integrated facts (about Antarctica in this case), positive environmen
Kaitlin
Apr 07, 2014 Kaitlin rated it really liked it
When I was 9, I loved these books. I was always getting the next ones and I would finish them quite quickly (for a 9 year old). I always really admired EJ's character and tried to solve the little puzzles in my head before she could. I really liked reading through what she was going through and the different ways she shows her integrity. I think these books are great, probably for younger girls.
Ash Riley
Jul 08, 2014 Ash Riley rated it liked it
ok. so a friend of mine told me to read these books. I said okay as Im always on the lookout for new seris. i got through about 10 pages and went 'nup.' it seemed really childish, which i was expecting because my friend and I are 16 and these books were written for ten year old. so I gave up and my friend kept asking have yu read them.... have you read them and I told her I was... when I wasnt. one weekend i had absoltuly nothing i wanted to read so i thought 'what the heck.' yeah. turns out I w ...more
Samantha
Mar 15, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it
I liked the genre of this book, and it kept me interested (as spy work is always pretty cool).
Jess
Jan 01, 2013 Jess rated it liked it
A good little read, perfect for its intended audience, which was my 8 year old. Lots of action with a few good puzzles along the way. She enjoyed it very much.
Aparna
Sep 11, 2011 Aparna rated it it was amazing
cool books! they are like for young and old kids! it gives a bit of a passsion!
Michelle
Jan 12, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: aussie-fiction, 2012
A great girls spy book. Loads of action and fun.
Marisa
Harper and I both think this series is a winner. Strong female character, but she still experiences real life insecurities and struggles. Lots of adventure and cool spy gadgets, with lots of cute furry animals thrown in for good measure. I couldn't get her to admit it, but I think Harper might actually like this series better than Amy Wild! She asked me to immediately order the rest of the books in the series. Librarian friends -- you want this in your collection, and you want to read it and boo ...more
Vanessa
Sep 25, 2012 Avery added it
cool ice cool :)
Jessn
Jan 31, 2013 Jessn rated it it was amazing
good
Amanda
Aug 08, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book for 8 or 9 year old girls. It's a great metaphor for dealing with the mean girls in school. Emma Jack is anxious about dealing with Nema, a mean girl at school. However, she doubles as a spy (EJ12) and the adventures she goes on help her know how to deal with Nema in real life.

Could also connect geography and science to the book too for a cross curricular study using the book!
Ashley
Aug 19, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
A cute spy book for young readers. A simple and quick read, but fun for kids to play with the codes EJ has to break. This story also had a good character lesson. I wonder if the others in the series will also.
Ummehani
Oct 31, 2015 Ummehani rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK EVER!!!! so i am interested in these type of books! (i am 9) I love the fact that She got a new husky puppy P-I-P that is spell backwards the same just like M-U-M D-A-D B-O-B H-A-N-N-A-H and E-L-L-E! I totally recommend this book for every girl my age!
Elizabeth
A girl who likes math and puzzles. That seems like a rarity. Emma Jacks may be having mean girl trouble at school, but as a secret agent EJ12 she figures out how to handle people like that.

This was a really fun adventure as EJ goes off to the Arctic to stop an villain from melting the polar ice cap to sell for water. There’s some friendship difficulties too that Emma figures out how to manage and does so beautifully at the end of the book. Lots of action, fun gadgets, a secret identity and puzzl
Sassy
Feb 05, 2015 Sassy rated it liked it
This book was pretty good. if only there was more action Susannah McFarlane
Jenny
May 06, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: ej-12
What do u press if u want to read this book
Lili
Mar 08, 2014 Lili rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ej12
How do you read books
George Ivanoff
Oct 02, 2012 George Ivanoff rated it it was ok
Inoffensive
Kiki Durney
Kiki Durney is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2016
FanGirlWrites
FanGirlWrites rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Lucy ferraro
Lucy ferraro marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Fiona Gow hammond
Fiona Gow hammond rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Sarah added it
Jan 27, 2016
Maryse A.T
Maryse A.T marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Sophia
Sophia rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
PrincessBrianna
PrincessBrianna marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Pjmartin
Pjmartin rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
  • Alice-Miranda at School
  • Sleepover!
  • Violet Mackerel's Brilliant Plot (Violet Mackerel, #1)
  • The Worst Gymnast
  • Nanberry: Black Brother White
  • Kate the Royal Wedding Fairy
  • Hamlet (Shakespeare Stories)
  • Below
  • Tashi and the Dancing Shoes (Tashi, #8)
  • Wolf Stalker (Mysteries in Our National Parks, #1)
  • Valley of Chaya
  • Asal Usul Keluarga Flood
  • Purple Roads
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • Escape From Wolfhaven Castle (The Impossible Quest #1)
Susannah McFarlane is a successful children’s book author who, after many years working as a publisher, now spends her time writing and creating stories that kids love to read.

She is the creator and writer of the awarding-winning EJ12 Girl Hero series, the creator and co-author of the hugely popular series for boys, Boy vs Beast, and the author of the Little Mates series of alphabet books for unde
More about Susannah McFarlane...

EJ12 Girl Hero (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Jump Start (EJ12 Girl Hero, #2)
  • In The Dark (EJ12 Girl Hero, #3)
  • Rocky Road (EJ12 Girl Hero, #4)
  • Choc Shock (EJ12 Girl Hero, #5)
  • On The Ball (EJ12 Girl Hero, #6)
  • Making Waves (EJ12 Girl Hero, #7)
  • Drama Queen (EJ12 Girl Hero, #8)
  • Out of This World (EJ12 Girl Hero, #9)
  • Pyramid Puzzle (EJ12 Girl Hero, #10)
  • Christmas Countdown (EJ12 Girl Hero, #11)