Start by marking “The Mums' Book: For The Mum Who's Best At Everything” as Want to Read:
The Mums' Book: For The Mum Who's Best At Everything

The Mums' Book: For The Mum Who's Best At Everything

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  9 reviews
For the mum who embraces motherhood and all that it entails, this title is a humorous handbook on the ups and downs of being a mother. It features: recipes for the perfect fairy cakes; tips on how to throw the best children's parties; examples of the best games to play on long journeys; and advice on the best ways to pamper oneself.
Hardcover
Published February 1st 2007 by Michael O'Mara Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Mums' Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mums' Book

Julie
This is a very light book. It has some good tips for hosting a themed bday party and for halloween parties, but many of the ideas can be found on the internet. Some of the suggestions for last minute dinner parties or things to do with the kids on a rainy day are a bit impractical -- unless, of course, you're martha stewart. i'd recommend this book as a gift book for a mother if you don't know the person you're buying for well and you have no better ideas.
Kalee
A very quick read that had me chuckling quite a few times. Most of the information was in a facetious tone, but then every once in a while I would be pleasantly surprised by some information that was new to me.
Cynthia
Got this from Jackson' for mother's Day. I like the Girls and Boys "How to be the best at everything" more, but this is a fun little reference book and I was entertained.
I found this book at the library. This book was a fun easy read. It had some funny parts as well as a few good tips. I also liked the quotes throughout the book.
Nicole
My kids gave me this for Mother's Day and it is full of fun ideas and wit and wisdom! I have used several things in the car and love the creativity and recipes.
Meadow
It had some fun practical tips. And the truth behind some wivestale myths, but wasn't overall impressed with it. I wished it had a few more variables.
Krystal
This book is hilarious! But it also has some good info. It would make a great gift for any mom.
Allison Peterson
This is cute! I had a lot of fun ideas, recipes, and jokes!
This was a fun book and gave me a few ideas :)
Lisa Lee
Lisa Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Julia Catherine
Julia Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Pinkie_lemonade
Pinkie_lemonade marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Jan 06, 2014
Dora
Dora marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2013
Rawaneena
Rawaneena marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Alison Maloney is a journalist and author whose books include The Moms' Book and Things to Do with Mom.
More about Alison Maloney...
Life Below Stairs: True Lives of Edwardian Servants Bright Young Things: A Modern Guide to the Roaring Twenties Colin Firth: The Biography Things to Do With Mom: Lots of Fun for Everyone: Lots Of Fun For Everyone One Lucky Duck