Start by marking “Olivia (Logan, #5)” as Want to Read:
Olivia (Logan, #5)

Olivia (Logan #5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  4,380 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Olivia always knew her younger sister would get into trouble. but she never realized the undercurrents of disaster would grow to a raging flood....
Olivia was always the sensible one. The responsible sister. She took after their father, a man as cold and driven as the Cape Cod wind, a man possessed by an inner need to be respected and successful. She would be the one to tak
Published February 8th 2011 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 1999)

Chris
Nobody weaves a web of lies and deceit like V.C. Andrews (or her ghostwriter:)
Kim Smiley
A word of caution to people considering reading this book. Chapter One is considerably graphic as Olivia recounts finding her sister giving birth in her bedroom to a stillborn 7 month old baby. I wasn't sure I was going to read this book because I hated the character of Olivia throughout this 5 book series, but even after reading just Chapter One, I can see why she is the way she is. I think it's going to be a good read.

Ok, I hated this character for the first 4 books in the series. While I stil
Delicious Strawberry
Why wasn't this book called Muted Voices, or something else that matched the other four titles in this series?

Nonetheless, this was a decent read, and the last of Mr. Neiderman's books I would recommend to anyone. Olivia is a strong person who refuses to be pushed around, and knows she is not pretty so she has to rely on other qualities to get what she wants. She is by no means helpless for anything, and when something gets thrown her way, she only toughens and gets harder. Overall, this was a d
Oridisi
It was very sad and emotionally irritating at the same time. Olivia was too harsh and more domineering than a man is and Belinda was too wild and immature.But it was good, despite all the lies, deception,hatred, and secrets this series was good and the book ended good.
Kris
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Alex
This was better than I was expecting it to be. I wasn't at all excited about reading Olivia's story (by the way, what's with V.C Andrews naming another evil grandmother Olivia?) but it actually surprised me.

It doesn't condone Olivia's actions later in life, but I do understand why she is the way she is now. Also, Belinda was an awful person! I was sympathetic with her during the other books, but she was a nightmare in this one.

Even though I liked this more than I thought I would, it was still
Janet
Not as interesting as works by the original author.
Connie J.estrada
THIS DEFINATELY SHOULD THE OBVIOUSE JELOUSELY THAT OLIVIA HARBORED AGAINST BELINDA. BELINDA WAS BEAUTIFUL, EVERYONE WAS ENCHANTED BY HER, AND EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD GOTTEN KNOCKED UP, BEFORE BEING MARRIED, SHE STILL GOT WHAT SHE WANTED. WHAT SHARPEND THE JELOUSY FURTHER WAS THAT NELSON WAS PHYICALLY ATTRACTED TO BELINDA AND NOT OLIVIA. SHE WAS THE ONE WHO FANTASIZED ABOUT NELSON CALLING HER FOR A DATE, AND IT WAS GOING TO LEAD IN TO ANOTHER AND ANOTHER AND THEN SOON WOULD BECOME INGAGED, AND THEY W ...more
Nico
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
i finished this series finally! I would give this a 3.5/5 but i rounded it up. Pretty good series that im happy i finished before the new year
Julia Keelan
This was my favourite out of the Logan series definitely
Heather
Loved these books as a tween.
Karen Brown
tedious, poorly written
Jodie Angeline Lee
A great end to a great series :)
Tina86
Good, fast read. Kept you interested most of the time.

I didn't realy feel sorry for Olivia and did think she was an iron lady! Not sure if the book was hoping for you to actually sympathise with the character and also make you see that she is the way she is in the earlier books because of her upbringing and certain circumstances.

Actually come to think of it, i really didn't like her. Good book but frustrating character!!

And Nelson should grow some! ;)
Patricia Atkinson
this was the story of Olivia and Belinda as they grew up when they were younger.it explains why Olivia felt the way that she did towards her sister.it was a very interesting book because it put all the missing pieces of the puzzle finally fit together...
Mayra
So basically Belinda is the uninteresting slut and Olivia ends up having to take care of her. I wonder why the night Belinda gave birth (somehow, with no one having realized before that she was pregnant) was The Fateful Night. And what was this book supposed to reveal to us, the readers, when we already know this storyline from previous books? I was hoping for the Jacob, Haille, and Chester Storyline instead.
Kimberly
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest. (even some of the ghostwriter's work)
Julie_ian_curtis
i remember i 1st read this during my 1st year of university.for some reason i really like Olivia. i think its because i feel sorry for her, certainly when it comes to Nelson Childs and Belinds. although she becomes harsh in the rest of the series, this explains why she is like that.
Kimberly
This was the very first V.C. Andrew book I ever read, and I came upon it by total accident (I was 13). I fell in love with this author. Granted that most of her books are written by ghost writers, I have never been disappointed by any of her books.
amanda
I read this in middle school based on the recommendation of my mom's psychiatrist's secretary... I should have known! I remember this book as intriguing and freaky. Like watching an accident, I wanted to put it down but I just couldn't look away haha.
Jessica Banker
The logan series is a wonderful drama series by vc andrews. she knows how to twist a tail of deception lies lust love drama sadness fear and many other emotions. you will know the main character as if she was you... quite enjoyable!
Casey McNeill
I read this book in junior high and loved it. A book where you never know what is gonig to happen next. I just don't know if I would like it as much if I read it today. I think her books are read mostly by 14 and 15 year olds.
Nicole Mathias
Christina
Maybe the books were not what they used to be or maybe I finally grew up but I stopped reading Ms. Andrews' (although by this series she had been dead for a bit)books after this series.
Jeri
Not my favorite of the Logan series. After reading the other four, this story seemed kind of old hat. I still love these books for some crazy reason.
Freak
Sep 29, 2008 Freak rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Freak by: no one
It was an mazing book, it kept me glued to the pages. I actually felt sort of srry for Olivia who had to settle for nothing.
Tracey
Another quick read but it was a good end to the series. It is worth reading the series and reccommend anyone to have a go.
Caroline
I read this before I joined GoodReads. Rating it as I remember it.

3 stars - I liked it
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)
  • Last Act
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • The Animal Hour
  • Don't Close Your Eyes
  • Comfort from a Country Quilt
  • This Year's Model
  • Ghost House
  • An Eye for an Eye: The Doll (Blackstone Chronicles, #1)
  • The Secret in the Dark (Nancy Drew, #102)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man w
More about V.C. Andrews...
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, prequel)