Start by marking “Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars” as Want to Read:
Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars

Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  290 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Does she have anything left to give?

Ann Davies was always giving away her heart—to her therapy patients, and to the dolphins she used to help them. For any stray kid that needed a home, she opened her arms in welcome. She never hesitated to give herself to anyone who asked. Until Hank Riley. The big contractor demanded everything—her body, her heart, her life.

Part of her w
Published August 30th 2011 by Harlequin (first published April 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Tea and Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tea and Destiny

Susan
Jan 22, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
We met Ann Davies briefly in Miss Liz's Passion, another book I reviewed by Sherryl Woods. This time we get to really know her and how she became the mom to a group of kids who really needed her.

I like the main character, Ann, because she is quirky and unique. She lives by her own rules...that is until someone else, in the form of Hank Riley challenges her in every sense of the word.

Hank, on the other hand, is a guy who never thought he could make a commitment to a woman. Now he is getting invol
Tonya
Nov 11, 2011 Tonya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
Sherryl Woods = classic. That is all you can say about every one of her books.

Sure you can argue that it is always the same ole story. Man and woman meet, they go around and around love, there is a big explosion and you think they will NEVER get together and then everything is roses.

But with Sherryl, the ride is so much fun. She always finds a way to make it so enjoyable, you have to pick up and read EVERY single one of her books. Always her characters are a joy to read and get to know. Each hav
Patricia Solla
Oct 17, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
Tea and Destiny is a cute story about a women who takes in "strays" and has been talked into taking in a man who needs a place to stay while he's doing some contracting work in the area. The storyline is cute and the action moves along nicely. It's interesting to see how a romance developes when it includes a group of children "collected" by the woman.
Light the Stars is a bonus book nicely written about a cowboy and his family which gets shaken up when grandma runs off to get married. In this st
Tara
Dec 05, 2014 Tara added it
There is an art to the trashy romance novel and this book doesn't have it. However, I saw it at a tea shop on a shelf of tea-themed books, and I figured I had to read it. Next up, Scones & Sensibility.
Teresa Whitehead
Jun 13, 2015 Teresa Whitehead rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Sherryl Woods. Proves again that love can be found in the most unusual circumstances if you open up your heart.
Lindy
Jan 16, 2015 Lindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Book 332
Marisa Valle
I liked the premise of the story but at some point Annie just really started getting on my nerves. She was too stubborn & unbelievably clueless considering the fact that she was a psychologist. She only analyzed situations when it was convenient and at other times acted completely irrationally like a child. At one point I was just hoping that Hank would just leave because she practically made him beg. Their relationship just didn't make sense to me.
Jacque
Jan 11, 2012 Jacque rated it really liked it
This was a good combination of stories. I emnoyed them both. The foster children in the first novel were heart touching and I enjoyed the way everyone grew to love each other. The second had great children too but I didn't like their dad, the romantic interest much. He seemed very hard to reach, and not incrediblely loveable either.
Tara
Dec 12, 2011 Tara rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.. I almost wish it was true and that that many kids were being helped by 2 wonderful individuals. Maybe if more people read this book, they would be inspired to help out as well
Krista
Sep 07, 2011 Krista rated it really liked it
Sherryl Woods is such a great author. Fun and touching romance. Included in this edition is a bonus book by Raeanne Thayne, which is also very good.
Grace
Oct 04, 2011 Grace rated it really liked it
Both very quintessential romances that appeal to the imagination and hope of how we wish it could be.
Polly
Apr 20, 2013 Polly rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
If I could use just one word for this book it would be heartwarming. This is a story about love.
Jacquie
Apr 07, 2013 Jacquie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Sherryl Woods, I always come away from one of her books with the warm fuzzy's!
Wardenfangirl
Nov 24, 2013 Wardenfangirl rated it really liked it
I liked the Light the Stars book much better than the first ;u;
Willee
Jul 17, 2013 Willee rated it really liked it
Typical Sherryl Woods book. Quick read.
Holly Kunz
Sep 05, 2014 Holly Kunz rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Good story. I really enjoyed it!
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Mariah
Mariah marked it as to-read
Laura added it
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Ruth Swanberg
Ruth Swanberg marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Helyn
Helyn added it
Jan 27, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Lori Mueller
Lori Mueller rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Nancy Whitmire
Nancy Whitmire marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Michele Heryford
Michele Heryford marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Sonal
Sonal marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
  • The Unexpected Husband: Jury of His Peers / Any Sunday
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
  • An Obvious Enchantment
  • Betting the Rainbow (Harmony, #7)
  • Sanctuary Island (Sanctuary Island, #1)
  • Dark Water
  • The Cottage on Juniper Ridge (Life in Icicle Falls, #4)
  • Love To Love You Baby
  • Western Skies: Song of the West / Boundary Lines
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...