Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars

Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  214 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Does she have anything left to give?

Ann Davies was always giving away her heart—to her therapy patients, and to the dolphins she used to help them. For any stray kid that needed a home, she opened her arms in welcome. She never hesitated to give herself to anyone who asked. Until Hank Riley. The big contractor demanded everything—her body, her heart, her...more
Published August 30th 2011 by Harlequin (first published April 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Tea and Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tea and Destiny

Susan
We met Ann Davies briefly in Miss Liz's Passion, another book I reviewed by Sherryl Woods. This time we get to really know her and how she became the mom to a group of kids who really needed her.

I like the main character, Ann, because she is quirky and unique. She lives by her own rules...that is until someone else, in the form of Hank Riley challenges her in every sense of the word.

Hank, on the other hand, is a guy who never thought he could make a commitment to a woman. Now he is getting invol...more
Tonya
Sherryl Woods = classic. That is all you can say about every one of her books.

Sure you can argue that it is always the same ole story. Man and woman meet, they go around and around love, there is a big explosion and you think they will NEVER get together and then everything is roses.

But with Sherryl, the ride is so much fun. She always finds a way to make it so enjoyable, you have to pick up and read EVERY single one of her books. Always her characters are a joy to read and get to know. Each hav...more
Patricia Solla
Tea and Destiny is a cute story about a women who takes in "strays" and has been talked into taking in a man who needs a place to stay while he's doing some contracting work in the area. The storyline is cute and the action moves along nicely. It's interesting to see how a romance developes when it includes a group of children "collected" by the woman.
Light the Stars is a bonus book nicely written about a cowboy and his family which gets shaken up when grandma runs off to get married. In this st...more
Holly Kunz
Good story. I really enjoyed it!
Marisa Valle
I liked the premise of the story but at some point Annie just really started getting on my nerves. She was too stubborn & unbelievably clueless considering the fact that she was a psychologist. She only analyzed situations when it was convenient and at other times acted completely irrationally like a child. At one point I was just hoping that Hank would just leave because she practically made him beg. Their relationship just didn't make sense to me.
Jacque
This was a good combination of stories. I emnoyed them both. The foster children in the first novel were heart touching and I enjoyed the way everyone grew to love each other. The second had great children too but I didn't like their dad, the romantic interest much. He seemed very hard to reach, and not incrediblely loveable either.
Tara
I really enjoyed this book.. I almost wish it was true and that that many kids were being helped by 2 wonderful individuals. Maybe if more people read this book, they would be inspired to help out as well
Krista
Sherryl Woods is such a great author. Fun and touching romance. Included in this edition is a bonus book by Raeanne Thayne, which is also very good.
Grace
Both very quintessential romances that appeal to the imagination and hope of how we wish it could be.
Polly
If I could use just one word for this book it would be heartwarming. This is a story about love.
Jacquie
Love Sherryl Woods, I always come away from one of her books with the warm fuzzy's!
Wardenfangirl
I liked the Light the Stars book much better than the first ;u;
Willee
Typical Sherryl Woods book. Quick read.
Jill Braden
Jill Braden marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Starlet
Starlet marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
  • The Unexpected Husband: Jury of His Peers\Any Sunday
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • One Summer (Shelter Bay, #2)
  • Part of the Bargain: Part of the Bargain\To Wed and Protect
  • A Mother's Touch: The Way Home\A Stranger's Son\The Paternity Test
  • The Wedding Song (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #3)
  • The House on Olive Street
  • Completely Smitten: Completely Smitten\Hers for the Weekend
  • Countdown to First Night
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa...more
More about Sherryl Woods...
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)