Start by marking “Perfume da Paixão (Edilean, #3)” as Want to Read:
Perfume da Paixão (Edilean, #3)

Perfume da Paixão (Edilean #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  3,966 ratings  ·  312 reviews
Noiva do encantador e sedutor Greg Anders, Sara Shaw mal consegue esperar pelo dia do seu casamento em Edilean, na Virgínia. Mas apenas três semanas antes do dia do casamento, Greg recebe um telefonema durante a noite e sai sem dar qualquer explicação. Dois dias mais tarde, um homem aparece através de um alçapão no soalho da casa de Sara, afirmando que é o irmão da sua mel ...more
Published February 2nd 2011 by Quinta Essência (first published 2009)

Rebecca
This was, quite possibly, the worst book I have ever read. The main woman, Sara, is a weak woman who lets her fiance tell her what to do and then he disappears, she is still insanely loyal and thinks there's a good reason he up and left in the middle of the night not telling her where he's going. By the end of the book she is some super smart catch a criminal genius. Give me a break.
Main guy, Mike, Comes through a tunnel into his sisters appt. and scares Sara who is staying there...Really a tunn
Kelly Moran
Author Jude Deveraux is the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author of thirty-eight books. There are more than sixty million of her books in print worldwide. Other titles include: Days of Gold, Lavender Morning, Return to Summerhouse, and Secrets. She resides in North Carolina with her family.

This book is part of the EDILEAN SERIES, though can be read as a stand alone novel.

In the quaint little town of Edilean, Virginia, Sara Shaw is making wedding plans, much to the distress of her family and frien
Kamaliah
Maybe I read this book at the wrong time and wrong place. I didn’t enjoy it very much. It’s a romantic mystery kind of book but I didn’t actually capture the romance and the mystery… like I said, my timing must be off somehow. I never felt disappointed reading JD’s book and it seems that there’s always a first time for everything.

For the romance part, I think Sara is so unsure of her feeling that she can simply move from one guy to another without much hesitation.

As for the mystery part, it do
T.
I could accept the characters' individual...quirkiness. I even almost made excuses for them actually: Mike can be an asshole because he doesn't have much experience being genuine with people. But you know, with that kind of background, I think it would be even better if he was really a bastard, at least he could earn his redemption in the end, and not just suddenly turn into this likeable person who really just charms his way around because it's part of being undercover.

Sarah, on the other hand
Barbara ★
I don't know why I'm in the minority on this entire series but I really like it. I love the characters (the main characters and all the supporting characters too). They are all just quirky and fun to hang around with. In this one I particularly liked Mike though I admit that Sarah was a little TSTL in the beginning. I can never figure out why smart women do stupid things or allow men to force them to do stupid things. Her entire relationship with Greg Anders made absolutely no sense. Anyway, I l ...more
Nikki Brandyberry
This will be a short and sweet review as I did not finish this one. The premise of a undercover cop sent to protect a woman who was unknowing marrying a con artist intent on getting something from her she didn’t even know she had was a great one. It intrigued me. I eagerly got to this one because I had never read a Jude Deveraux book. After the first few chapters I had a hunch this one wasn’t for me. It dragged entirely way too much. Sara was supposed to be this innocent, home grown woman..and s ...more
Ana Luisa
Desde que iniciei a leitura desta saga que toda a historia de Edilean me fascina. Há um ambiente muito especial à volta da pequena cidade da Virgínia, algo que transpira dos seus personagens e que se vai entranhando no leitor.

Até ao momento, tenho a dizer que este é o meu livro preferido, toda a história é magnífica e deixa-nos a sonhar e a desejar encontrar o nosso próprio Mike Newland. Ele tem uma personalidade forte, justa e mostra-se também muito divertido, acabando por ser o par perfeito pa
Dana
Scarlet Nights #3 of the Edilean series is a branch off the original family of Edilean, Virginia.
Sara Shaw is engaged to a man, Greg Anders, who suddenly shows up in Edilean and sweeps her off her feet. No one within the little community finds anything attractive about the man.

Tess who marries Ramsey from book 1 Lavender Morning, and is on Honeymoon in Europe, when she receives a call from her big brother Mike. Mike is an undercover detective and is on the lead of a huge case that happens to in
Nan
After Days of Gold Edilean 2, I wasn't certain if I wanted to return to Jude Deveraux's little town in Virginia or not. That book disappointed me greatly in its return to the style of writing Deveraux uses in her colonial America novels.

Thankfully, Scarlet Nights had more in common with Deveraux's recent titles and was a good, fun read. This book could be read as a sequel to the first book in the Edliean series, Lavender Morning Edilean 1, but prior knowledge of the first book isn't all that nec
Jadaloves
Have I said how much I love Jude Deveraux? Scarlet Nights is another fantastic read by Jude that continues the lives of the tight knit folks of Edilean Virgina. Edilean is a tiny little town tucked away on the outskirts of Williamsburg that was founded by a native Scotsman and named for the woman he loved. The inhabitants of Edilean are descendants of the founding families of the town, and while they are welcoming and tolerant of outsiders, they take pride in taking care of and protecting their ...more
Inga
My review:

Scarlet Nights by Jude Deveraux was one of the books I won from another book blogger’s giveaway. I didn’t know what to expect, only the information I saw on the back side of the book and it caught my eye. I read it during my July vacation and enjoyed it incredibly.

Scarlet Nights is a part of Edilean series, it is book 3, but it is standalone book, so I did not even get the feelings that there was some information missing. I read this book in one sitting almost; I just had to get coupl
Sandra
Apesar de não ter lido o livro "Jardim de Alfazema" resolvi dar uma oportunidade a este, em grande parte devido à sinopse que me despertou de imediato a curiosidade.

Talvez por este livro ter sido lido de rajada (em 2 tardes) e pelos pormenores estarem tão frescos enquanto desfolhava o livro, achei-o uma absoluta delícia. Mesmo muito bom dentro deste género de romances.
A escrita desta autora pode-se traduzir como sendo equilibrada. Muitos autores querm conjugar romance com suspense e mistério tud
Ririn
I loved Sara from the first moment Joce met her under the tree the day she arrived in Edilean. And when she started going out with Greg, she was still adorable despite all that Greg has done.

But I do not connect to her in her own story. Nothing interesting, just an ordinary heroin. Maybe it was too rushed. And I don't feel her supposedly great attraction to Mike that should be her reason to switch her love almost instantly. I was almost forget the timeline. It should be a few months passed in be
Sara Gonçalves
Que hei-de dizer? Foi um livro delicioso, que não queria parar de ler. Adorei seguir novamente as personagens de Edilean, se bem que o enredo se centra muito nos protagonistas.
É um romance, com um bocadinho de mistério e crime, que adoça a leitura, se bem que o romance surgiu muito rapidamente... achei um pouco apressado. E parece-me que a escritora gostou de os colocar a fornicar como coelhos, desculpem a expressão mas foi isso que eles fizeram a certa altura do livro.
Foi um prazer conhecer mel
Ana
Gostei! Mas não lhe consigo dar mais do que 3 estrelas.

Este é o primeiro livro que leio da autora. Achei o romance bonito, e o mistério interessante, no entanto penso que a certo ponto a história enrrolou um bocado, descrevendo sempre as mesmas rotinas diárias das personagens, sem aquecer nem arrefecer nada. A resolução do mistério pareceu-me a mim um pouco confusa também.

Mas gostei e pretendo ler mais livros da autora.
Judy
The mystery was entertaining but that was about it.

It is boring to read about woe is me perfect little virginal Sara and how everyone in town was just so mean to her because she was so perfect! And Mike was so perfect too! The best at everything!

Blech.
Brandy
I am a Jude Deveraux fan through and through, and I don't think that I've ever read one of her books that I didn't like, and this one is no different.
I love that she always tells a great story as well as gives us romance novel lovers the other stuff that we like so much too!

Small Town Edilean girl, Sara Shaw is wrapped up in a criminal family and has no idea what she is in for. Good looking, courageous, and sexy Mike gets sent in by the FBI and police department to figure out what's going on an
Bonnie Moore
I enjoyed it very much
Pamela(AllHoney)
I'm a great fan of Jude Deveraux's historical romances but I just haven't found her contemporaries to my taste. Too much about the story didn't make sense to me. The hero is undercover and has no problem blabbing why he's there. The people he works for burned down his apartment so his story will hold up. The heroine was, sad to say, stupid, in my opinion. There were other issues but I don't want to give spoilers. Anyway, my mom liked it but I really didn't.
Doris
I liked Lavender Morning much more than Scarlet Nights. I felt like Ms. Deveraux hurried through this book in her Edilean series and didn't develop the story as well. It was a quick read, though, if you're looking for an easy read.
Myrna
As soon as I started reading Scarlet Nights, I was hooked. It's a good story that is both unusual and believable. I would have given this book 4 stars if not for a large section that deviates from the main storyline. This section adds little to the overall quality of the story. Sara Shaw is a young woman who is engaged to a charming and nasty Greg Anders. Greg disappears and undercover detective Mike Newland shows up in Sara's life. Mike is tracking down a criminal who happens to be Greg Anders ...more
Sandra
I really enjoyed this story. Set in a town of my dreams. Little spot where everyone knows everyone and helps each other.
Sara Shaw is getting ready to marry Greg Anders when he suddenly leaves with no explaination. Then Mike Newland comes to town. He's the brother of one of her best friends.
Little does Sara know, but Greg has left to bail out his ex-wife. Sara doesn't know Greg has an ex-wife, or kids, or parents. He hasn't told her anything really.
Mike is a cop. And he's come to town undercove
Sucheta
This for me, was the kind of book which leaves you with a warm romantic feel, which we usually attribute to our high school / college days. Of course, the content is a continuation of the Edilean series (which I was not aware of, and had read HeartWishes before getting my hands on this one), but this is a really well written story which gives a feel of old era but is actually set in present times.
Personally, I wouldn't mind being a part of such a community, if ever there is one. :)
Out of the Ed
Tess Mertens-Johnson
I must have been in a romantic mood when I picked this book.
Sara Shaw is happy and ready to marry the man of her dreams. Too bad he is on the wrong side of the law.
Just before her wedding, her best friends Tess' brother Mike comes to her apartment and takes her away from a situation that would have ended in her new husband taking her for all of her inheritance.
Mike, who takes her away, is a police officer. While trying to track down Greg, the fiancé, Mike and Sara have a "fake" wedding...and yet
Ne
Perfume de Paixão por sua vez, e a mim, retorna aos dias de hoje. Desta vez conhecemos o irmão de Tess, Mike, que me pareceu um dos personagens mais perfeitos das últimas leituras. De qualquer forma lá lhe encontrei alguns defeitos - demasiado musculado para mim, mas aqui a culpa foi mais da minha imaginação que das descrições da autora; e talvez um pouco convencido?

De qualquer forma fiquei bastante contente com a prestação de Sara, que no primeiro volume e inicio deste me pareceu tão sem sal, a
Filipa
Depois de ter lido o primeiro livro da série da autora que se intitula Edilean, não resisti a começar imediatamente o outro volume que tinha cá em casa na prateleira à espera para ser lido desde 2011 - é uma vergonha o tempo que os livros repousam na estante sem eu pegar neles. O primeiro livro revelou-se uma leitura agradável, perfeita para descontrair - O Jardim de Alfazema - e a autora mostrou ter construído um enredo mais cativante do que a outra obra individual que tinha lido dela (Alguém p ...more
Melissa
Edilean is a very small town in which everyone knows everyone else. If they aren't related to one another, then they have known each other since birth. They are not opposed to "outsiders" but are very protective of one another as well as the town's history. So, when Sara Shaw gets engaged with Greg Anders, a man that no one in the town likes, Sara sees a conspiracy from the town to rid her of Greg. This doesn't bode well for Mike who has to use Sara and seduce her away from Greg to catch the mot ...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
The premise for this story on the front flap looked so odd if it wasn't for an author I knew I liked, I probably would have skipped it. Heroine's fiance runs off two weeks before the wedding and her best friend's brother appears in her room through a trap door in the middle of the floor in the middle of the night and says he's moving in. However, if you stick with it, the author weaves a wonderful mystery into her suspenseful romance.

Side note on Edilean series. Start with book #2, Days of Gold
Tasneem
I found this story charming, though a bit too goody-two-shoes for my liking. Deveraux lives in a world that is so much more innocent and small-town interfering than I can even contemplate. I think I would have run away screaming at all that nosey Parker behaviour by Mike and Sara's family and friends. And their version of Scottish re-enactment is so modern and set-like it is funny. Kind of like all the fake stuff they have at the castle in Edinburgh. But, I guess since this type of re-enactment ...more
Pamela
I didn't realize this book was part of a trilogy. I don't think you need to read the first one before this one as the author certainly does a good job of keeping the reader up to speed (way too much for me) just in case.

We are introduced to Sara, who is dull, spineless, blindly and stupidly determined to marry a man who is obviously conniving and deceitful. Greg treats her horribly and she just lets him walk all over her. We're supposed to believe that Sara honestly can't see why her friends and
  • Simple Gifts: Just Curious / Miracles / Change of Heart / Double Exposure (Westmoreland, #3.5)
  • Sizzle (Buchanan-Renard, #8)
  • The Bells of Bournville Green
  • Finding Her Son
  • The Valcourt Heiress (Medieval Song, # 7)
  • Mayhem in Miniature (Miniature Mystery, #2)
  • A Daring Passion
  • High on a Hill (Jazz Age, #2)
  • Death on the D-List (Hailey Dean, #2)
  • Clay (Louisiana Gentleman #4)
  • Compromised Cowgirl (Bride Train, #3)
  • Further Than Passion
  • The Cowboy Lawman (Cooper Creek, #5)
  • Jesse  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #3)
  • Crazy for You (Life and Love on the Lam, #2)
  • A Home with Them (Men of the Border Lands, #2)
  • From Barcelona, with Love
  • Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8) (Dreamlight Trilogy, #2)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Edilean (9 books)
  • Lavender Morning (Edilean, #1)
  • Days of Gold (Edilean, #2)
  • The Scent of Jasmine (Edilean, #4)
  • Heartwishes (Edilean, #5)
  • Moonlight in the Morning (Edilean, #6)
  • Stranger in the Moonlight (Edilean, #7)
  • Moonlight Masquerade (Edilean, #8)
  • Change of Heart (Edilean, #9)
A Knight in Shining Armor The Black Lyon (Montgomery/Taggert #1) The Velvet Promise Highland Velvet Velvet Angel