Start by marking “Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate Vol. 4

Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate Vol. 4 (Ultimate X-Men)

This deluxe hardcover collects Ultimate X-Men Volume 7: Blockbuster and Ultimate X-Men Volume 8: New Mutants, plus a hefty helping of DVD-style extras. In Blockbuster, Wolverine returns to New York after a short time away from the X-Men - with a strange strike force armed with sophisticated military technology on his tail. To survive, he's forced to rely on the Big Apple's ...more
Published February 23rd 2005 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate X-Men

Justin
Nov 27, 2016 Justin rated it really liked it
Marvel struck gold when they launched the Ultimate X-Men series. By unshackling the popular characters from four decades of convoluted continuity and starting fresh, they were able to let new fans and old in on the X-Men from ground zero. I've been following this series through these deluxe hardcover collections, which contain roughly a year's worth of individual issues and at least two full story arcs.

The fourth Ultimate X-Men hardcover collection includes the following issues:

Blockbuster - You
Myles
The Ultimate X-Men series is great fun, but the problem with Book 4, issues 34-45, is the overwhelming amount of time spent on Wolverine.

He has claws and attitude. Big fucking deal. I was kind of hoping for more of the team dynamic and the New X-Men could have become much more developed earlier on. I didn't see those Wolverine issues being anything more than an excuse to crossover Ultimate Spiderman and Daredevil. The additional outside threat could have been introduced much more efficently.

But,
Holden Attradies
A solid read. Perhaps not one of the strongest in the ultimate X-men line, but faaaaaar from the worst.

Just about all of the story lines with Wolverine and Peter Parker had some awesome comedic moments, and the story line in here with Parker didn't disappoint.

I'm not sure how I felt about Ultimate Emma Frost. I liked that she ideologically opposed to Xavier without being an out right villain, and I liked how her ideology was shown not to work in the real world. I guess I just wish that aspect o
Lauren
Aug 08, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereads, comics-gn, 2014
This is my favourite of the first four volumes. The energy and pacing are much more enjoyable. I prefer to have more of the smaller arcs then them always trying to save the whole world or country. It was also good to see some new and different characters from the wider marvel universe and it was refreshing to not have any magneto v xavior in this one.
Nicolas
May 06, 2010 Nicolas rated it liked it
On retrouve à novueau les X-Men dans leurs aventures d'une complexité inégalable.
Je trouve que, dans la premmière partie, qui donne sa couverture à ce recueil, Spiderman est juste bouffon. A part, ça, comme d'habitude, Wolverine est clairement mon idole.
Kaye
Dec 29, 2007 Kaye rated it liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
The interactions between SpiderMan and Wolverine cracked me up.
Anna
Nov 29, 2011 Anna rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
normally, I'm all about Wolverine.. but this story-arc was lame
Willow
Jun 13, 2015 Willow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel-comics
I want to give this 0 stars because of all the feels at the end but given the emotional impact of said feels, I have to go with my initial thoughts and give it 5 stars.
Josephine  the Rereader
Jun 30, 2011 Josephine the Rereader rated it really liked it
Complete review forthcoming.
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2009
Matthew Golden
Matthew Golden rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Greg Autery
Greg Autery rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
Matthew Noe
Matthew Noe rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Bryce Salazar
Bryce Salazar rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2010
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Tina Baker
Tina Baker rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2013
Jamey Crook
Jamey Crook rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Arwen
Arwen rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2016
Alexandra Theroux
Alexandra Theroux rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Sauron
Sauron rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2012
John Schneider
John Schneider rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2013
J.R. Broadwater
J.R. Broadwater rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2009
Ryan Chase
Ryan Chase rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
David
David rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2007
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
John
John rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2011
  • Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate Vol. 3
  • Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate Vol. 5
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 14: Phoenix?
  • Marvel Masterworks: The Avengers, Vol. 1
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 19: Absolute Power
  • Ultimate Galactus Trilogy (Hardcover)

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

Ultimate X-Men (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 1: The Tomorrow People