The Dragon Princess

The Dragon Princess (The Tales of the Frog Princess #6)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  3,369 ratings  ·  112 reviews
With E. D. Baker's trademark humor, wacky animal and human characters, and almost all-new cast, this is the story of Emma's daughter, Millie, who is trying to survive being a magical princess who happens to keep turning into a dragon. When she cannot stop her own magic any other way, she and three friends (one vampire, one troll and her cousin, a young wizard prince) set o...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published October 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Princess

Emily
Dec 14, 2008 Emily marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Princess Emarelda and Prince Eadric, have a daughter, Millie, named after Emma's long ago ansestor. Whenever Millie gets mad, she turns into a dragon. Scary huh?
Kate
I was actually writing a story called Return of the Dragon Princess but I found out there was already a book called The Dragon Princess so I seeked that book out while I was in America. You wouldn't believe how impressed I was with it! I loved it to bits and I kept on reading the book (especially Chapter 14 onwards) because it was so good. I liked the plot and the romance in there, I already told my mum that I want the next book desperately and that I will suicide if I don't get it. (I didn't me...more
Anny
This book is hilarious! A princess that turns into a dragon if she gets angry. She goes on an adventure to solve her issue on getting mad. Will she find whats she looking for???

On the adventure she has to deal with trolls and monsters. They meet with a witch that lives in a cave that's ice cold. She also meets with a dragon... a guy dragon. His parents were kidnapped by the witch that is now giving a shelter to the Dragon Princess.

WOW! What will happen next???
This was not as strong as the original series. Perhaps because this is the first in the new series about Emma and Eadric's daughter it spent too much time weakly establishing characters and not providing a very good quest/journey/task the the previous books did. I will definitely read the next one because I like the secondary characters very much. I would have liked a little more involvement of Emma and Eadric since those are the characters that kept me reading.
Sella Malin
I loved this one!! It was so cool to see the new generation, and to see the kids of all my favorite characters in the series ... I love Millie, she's awesome. I think it's so cool how Emma named her after her old friend Millie ... I thought the romance in this one was really sweet and unique. Once Upon a Curse and The Salamander Spell are still my favorites, but this is my third-favorite! :D
Ellie K
The theme of this book is that even what seems like a horrible trait can have some good in it, and to not judge a book by its cover. I thought it was really cool that the characters in this book were the children of the characters in the past ones. I didn't like the characters quite as much, though. They made the past characters seem old, which I didn't like. It was a great plot, but I didn't love the way the characters turned out. Still, I really enjoyed the reading about the next generation an...more
Qnpoohbear
This installment of The Tales of the Frog Princess continues the story of Emma and Eadric fifteen years after we last saw them. This time, the unconventional heroine is their daughter, Millie. At 15, is a typical teen, she loves hanging out with her friends and believing her parents don't understand her. She is desperate to find a husband but keeps scaring off her suitors due to the unfortunate tendency to turn into a dragon whenever she loses her temper! When Millie does the unthinkable and sho...more
Bakeshow
I think so far of the Frog Princess series this is my least favorite book. It jumps around a lot and doesn't explain things very well. I found myself losing interest quickly, and the only raeson I finished was because I hate leaving a book half done- which is exactly how this book feels to me. It's not finished. I am sure there is going to be another one- because nothing was really resolved. I think she should have waited and just released it all as one big book.

I felt that solutions came too ea...more
Miss Clark
Not as much fun as the Frog Princess, but this continuation of the series, focusing on the troubles of Millie, Emma and Eadric's daughter, is still very enjoyable. Fans of the series will enjoy, as will many new ones.

As a result of Emma spending so much time as a dragon, Millie is born with the ability to become a dragon as well. Only she cannot control the change. Whenever she gets very angry she switches, and only once she has calmed down again can she change back into her human form. This of...more
Caroline
i thought this book had some really funny parts but also some serious parts. it was not the best book i ever read but it was still it was a good book. i can not what to see what Millie and the other dragon is going to do.
Cara
This book picks up after book 4 (not back in time like some of the others) and the main focus of this one is Millie. Millie is the daughter of Emma and Eadric, and she has some magic in her too. Unfortunately, hers only comes out when she's angry. When she's upset or angry she turns into a dragon. She loves being a dragon, but she doesn't like the fact that she can't control it. She seeks out the advice of a witch after she has an outburst at her own birthday party. She is told to seek out the B...more
Angela
This still enjoy this series although this jump to the next generation--Emma and Eadric's daughter Millie, is a little abrupt and the characters not quite as satisfying. I'm hoping that we're not going to be retelling the same story with a new set of players--the first few entries in the series were so fresh and fun! Katherine Kellgren is one of my favorite narrators but I had to say that in this volume she was not successful at differentiating the voices of Millie and Zoe and I thought that Ald...more
Babù
E' stato molto bello... lo devo ammettere, molto simile al primo a dire il vero. Non dò 5 stelle perchè non mi è piaciuto un particolare nel finale. Per il resto è stato bello.
Cball
Aug 19, 2011 Cball rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tween girls
Shelves: 2011, tweens, audio, fantasy
Oh dear god. This cd finally ended. The only reason why it got a 3 is because the younger set *loved* it. Some children's books should be read by adults. Some should not. But. E.D. Baker has captured the target audience with this series.

Milly is a princess who, when angry, becomes a dragon. Can she control it? Only with help. Thus she begins an adventure with her cousin, best friend (who also can turn into a bat) and a 2 headed ogre as they search for wisdom in the snowy North.

My 7 year old ador...more
Meadow
E.D Baker is truly talented this series is probably his best
Mia
I quite like this second series. Could've been better, but overall, great read!
Lilly
loved it !!
Surfer Girl
D'ont make milly mad that was a very good book.
Guinevere
It's so sad, but I just could not get into this book. I tried a couple times but always found myself eventually skimming without actually reading. Not a good sign! I really enjoyed the previous books and perhaps I took too long of a hiatus, but I just found it to be a bit too wordy, too many characters referenced that I didn't know, and while the overall plot is interesting, somehow the execution of it was just not working for me.
Debbie
Book six in the Frog Princess series.

Emma and Eadric have a daughter with a bad temper. Not too surprising, except that Millie turns into a dragon every time she loses her temper. After a disastrous birthday party, Millie sets off on a quest to find a witch who may be able to help her. Unfortunately, the road to the Blue Witch is not an easy one, and Millie and her companions may end up lost in the icy north forever.

Funny.
alicia
Jan 11, 2010 alicia rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of fairy tales
Heather
I finally finished this book! My kids liked the story, but I had a hard time getting into it. We listened to it on CDs in the car, and to my husband and I it seemed like a My Little Pony or Care Bears episode gone wrong. Too many cutesy characters with little depth to them, I guess. But then I got the print version from the library to finish the story and liked it much better. The story, as a whole, was not bad.
Anna Mari
While not as good as the other frog pricncess books, we still really enjoyed it. Emmas daughter Millie is turning 16 and has not found her prince yet. When birthday party plans change due to an emergency in upper montevista, Millie, Francis and her best friend head out to find the blue witch who might be able to help Millie control her anger and transformations. A wonderful frozen adventure.
Carie
Cute, fun book! The next generation of crazy adventures! I loved every one of the new characters and the neat references to beloved characters from the first 4 books. Loved the amusing and exciting parts--and the fun road-trip. These books are truly a joy to read!! They are so creative--you never know what will happen next. Can't wait to find out what happens to Millie in the next book!
Katie
Cute! Cute! Cute!!! This series is real quick read and tons fun! I highly recommend it to any Shannon Hale, or Gail Carson Levine fans. This is a series I will definatly read to my kids for many years to come. I had so much fun with these books I had a hard time putting them down and I couldn't stop thinking about how much Abby(my four year old) is going to love them!
Kathy
OK story, but way too much emphasis on the princess heroine wanting to fall in love and get married, as she is turning 15 and getting so old she might become an old maid! Problems easily solved, weak characterizations (the troll is supposed to be a big trouble-maker, but after dumping the heroine into the river upon their first meeting, doesn't do much except provide muscle)
Maia
This book was funny and light-hearted, but you got to see the characters (especially Millie) become more courageous and have their friendships develop over the course of their adventure. Like all the books in the series, Millie & her friends overcome adversity through wit and humour, and show how their fears can be conquered. Great book.
Kaitlyn
Queen Emma, who is currently married, the Green Witch of Greater Greensward, and is the queen has a new addition to her family. Her daughter, Millie. The only thing wrong is that when Millie becomes angry, she turns into a dragon. not just a cute little pink dragon, a huge, scaly, scary, ferocious dragon who is large and green.
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • The Fairy's Return
  • Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap (Twice Upon a Time, #2)
  • Twice Upon a Marigold (Upon a Marigold, #2)
  • Princess School: Let Down Your Hair
  • Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4)
  • The Runaway Princess
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • Of Giants and Ice
  • The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna, #1)
  • Thornspell
  • The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2)
  • Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4)
E.D. Baker (Elizabeth Dawson Baker) made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Princess and the Frog, is loosely based on this novel.

Elizabeth was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen yea...more
More about E.D. Baker...
The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1) Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3) Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2) The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1) No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)