Start by marking “Major Lord David” as Want to Read:
Major Lord David

Major Lord David (Regency Trilogy #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Decades of war with France are over and Napoleon Bonaparte is safely confined on Elba. Yet Major Lord David Trent finds his homecoming far from peaceful. His father, the Duke of Braughton, is determined to see his son wed, and he has a very specific bride in mind: his neighbor's daughter. David cannot recall that the neighbor even has a daughter, much less one he might fin ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 297 pages
Published May 18th 2011 by Thorndike Press (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Major Lord David, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Major Lord David

QNPoohBear
Major Lord David Trent is the younger son of the Duke of Broughton. Newly returned home from the wars, David and his father do not see eye to eye about his future. David wants to relax and settle down into a peaceful, bachelor existence, but the Duke wants to marry David off to the Squire's daughter. David doesn't even remember the Squire HAS a daughter! He is enchanted with a chestnut haired beauty at his family's New Year's masquerade ball. He longs to be alone with her and touch her glossy cu ...more
Maria
Smartly written regency romance. Reminds me of Georgette Heyer!
Alana
really good. loved the details about the battle.
Angela
Loved this book so much, I read it twice! I enjoy the characters and their personalities, and the world Ms. Ferguson has created. The books are loosely related as some of her characters are from the same family, though as stories they stand alone. Major Lord David is my favorite, but her other books follow close behind. These are regency romance/dilemma books, in which the constraints of society create unending complications, and misunderstandings between would-be couples result from many things ...more
Maria
I really liked this book.
I never read a book about the Battle of Waterloo, so it was something new and interesting.
At first, when reading the book, I thought to myself that this was going to be the type where the couple was would just create their barriers. However, when Napoleon comes back to France and Major Lord David goes back off to battle to help, it took a new turn that kept my interest.
I think if you like the Jane Austin (characters' own stubbornness that either makes or breaks them) o
Katie
I enjoyed this one, it was a nice sequel to Quiet Meg, continuing with the characters. I always enjoy when secondary characters in one book get to be the primary characters in their own story. The details of the military battle were fascinating. Warfare truly came down to whether or not you could protect a particular area of land, even just a garden space. It had a sweet and appropriate ending but as always when I like characters I want to read more about what happens to them later. Looking forw ...more
Natalie
Having read the third book in this trilogy first, this book shouldn't have been very suspenseful. Despite knowing the outcome for our two main characters, I still couldn't put this book down until the happily ever after. I really enjoyed how the author included the Battle of Waterloo. hats off to her for doing such great research. The romance was sweet, even if I was annoyed by the communication errors. If that had been all that drove the plot I wouldn't have liked this book much. The other deta ...more
Amanda
Maybe 3.5 stars...still a fun read and should be read after "Quiet Meg"...as there are characters introduced there that lead into this book. It started off really fun and then fell off a little bit for me towards the end. Very cute, though. This author is such a fun find!
Kristen
Not my favorite Sherry Ferguson book. I've read most of her Avalon regency ones now. I am not a huge history fan, and there was a lot of pages of Bonaparte & the war in it. Overall, not one that I would read again.

Clean
Rick F.
A magnificent historical novel- one of many written by a talented writer- top tier prose and characterizations by a must read writer
RICK FRIEDMAN
THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB
FOUNDER
Brenna H.
A sweet, clean, fast Regency romance.

**EDIT**
Thank you, Firstreads, and Sherry Lynn Ferguson, for this book. :)
Lisa
Another well written Regency by Sherry Lynn Ferguson.
Amanda
A quick regency read.
Sandy
This surprised me because it didn't develop the way that I thought it would when it started out. The hero was a lot warmer and the heroine was a lot stronger. I didn't think the hero would actually go into battle, but that was wonderful and as good as any historical battle scenes I've read. You do have the feeling the heroine deserves to get away from her awful family, so it's a very satisfying end.
Tiffany
This was a fun second book to the trilogy and I would rate it a 3.25-3.5 if I was able. I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the first book due to the huge LAG in the middle of the book while David is away at war. I also felt that the ending was a bit anti-climactic. However, it was still an enjoyable read and I am looking forward to finding out the fate of the third man in the trio, MYLES. :-)
Marianne Zaugg
Overall I liked the book. I enjoyed the opening scene and masquerade and the tokens at the end of the story. But I also skipped chapter 10. I found putting the war story at this point in the book, was stalemating the overall story. So it made the end fall flat for me.
Pilar
I missed this somehow in reading others in the series. Possibly the major is my favorite hero because he seems most open or approachable. Then, I learned something about Waterloo. Well done.
Jen
A good meshing of the historic battle with sweet romance. What's portrayed of Hougoumont is believable. And the heroine Billy wasn't just another headstrong beauty.
BJ
Maybe a little tame to start, but this builds to a great battling shoot out at Waterloo. A clean romance with a pleasant feel to it.
Elaine Hamner-Yard
Very good

I enjoyed the hard work of making the battle realistic. I have read other accounts of families going on to the field in search of their loved-one. Very good research. Elaine
Bridget
A fun and romantic romp full of intrigue cute characters
tired
To long to much war to boring
Diane
Second of the series that begins with Quiet Meg. Major of the title moves through a warm-to-warmer attraction to a neighbor and toward threat of Waterloo. The romance is more like a family matter than in Quiet Meg but it seems right for the characters.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Not my favorite of hers compared to Quiet Meg, The Honorable Marksley, and Only a Mister, but still a very enjoyable read.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Avalon Historical Romance
Nicole D.
Nicole D. marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
VaniJoy
VaniJoy marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
  • Broken Promises
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • The Tenacious Miss Tamerlane
  • Brighton Road
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • Heart of Deception
  • The Weaver Takes a Wife (Weaver, #1)
  • Lady Crenshaw's Christmas
  • Evolussion (Book Two of the Infinion Series)
  • A New Birth of Freedom: The Visitor
  • A Winter's Knight (Regency Rhapsody, #1)
  • A Loyal Companion
  • Susanna and the Spy (Susanna and the Spy, #1)
  • The Taming of Lady Kate

Regency Trilogy (3 books)
  • Quiet Meg (Regency Trilogy, #1)
  • Merely A Mister (Regency Trilogy, #3)
Quiet Meg (Regency Trilogy, #1) Lord Sidley's Last Season Honorable Marksley, The Merely A Mister (Regency Trilogy, #3) The Other Brother