The Power Is Within You
In The Power Is Within You, Louise L. Hay expands her philosophies of loving the self through:
- learning to listen and trust the inner voice;
- loving the child within;
- letting our true feelings out;
- the responsibility of parenting;
- releasing our fears about growing older;
- allowing ourselves to receive prosperity;
- expressing our creativity;
- accepting change as a natur...more
Her pragmatic insights, anecdotes and recommendations have been a soource of inspiration and healing for me, and for hundreds of my students.
I've given away dozens of ...more
Her principals are idealistic. A more helpful starting point would be to embrace the negative as we ...more
In this book, her overriding message is that the power to live our best life resides within each of us and comes from self-love and love of others.
She makes some very good points in this book, like:
- All the events you've experienced in your life come from past thoughts and beliefs.
- Your mind doesn't contro ...more
Having said that, I believe that even if one does not subscribe to Religious Science or any other so-called ‘new thought’ teaching, one could still benefit from much of the advice presented in this book. She is a major proponent of affirmations, bas ...more
A really great self-help book if you're feeling like you need a boost, and basically a good reminder of ways to live your best life (I guess as Oprah would say).
Louise Hay always sounds like such a kickin' old lady! I think it really added to the experience of this book that SHE was the narrator.
She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her ...more