Start by marking “The Power Is Within You” as Want to Read:
The Power Is Within You

The Power Is Within You

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,255 ratings  ·  64 reviews

In The Power Is Within You, Louise L. Hay expands her philosophies of loving the self through:

- learning to listen and trust the inner voice;

- loving the child within;

- letting our true feelings out;

- the responsibility of parenting;

- releasing our fears about growing older;

- allowing ourselves to receive prosperity;

- expressing our creativity;

- accepting change as a natur

Published December 1st 1991 by Hay House, Inc. (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Power Is Within You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Is Within You

Khenpo Gurudas
Without question, this is one of the most indispensable books for anyone interested in reclaiming the control over their lives. Like most of her works, Louise brings her clarity, wisdom and consciousness to the reader in a way that makes New Thought accessible and relevant, regardless of one's path, background or spiritual heritage.

Her pragmatic insights, anecdotes and recommendations have been a soource of inspiration and healing for me, and for hundreds of my students.

I've given away dozens of
Debbie
I have learned so far so much about myself and my responses or non-responses to the past pain in my life - if you are experiencing depression, addiction, or grieving the loss of a loved-one, this is a book worth reading.
Angela
I like the person who is Louise Hay. She is a fantastic public speaker, charismatic and relatable, warm and strong. After having listened to one of her CD's my granny lent me this book. Perhaps my expectation was too far removed but I thought the whole thing fluffy and somewhat tiresome to get through. She writes as she speaks, which is fine but not what I was searching for at that particular time.

Her principals are idealistic. A more helpful starting point would be to embrace the negative as we
Kara Lane
"The Power is Within You" is another inspirational book by Louise Hay. This woman just has the most open, loving heart and she shares that love with everyone with whom she comes into contact.

In this book, her overriding message is that the power to live our best life resides within each of us and comes from self-love and love of others.

She makes some very good points in this book, like:
- All the events you've experienced in your life come from past thoughts and beliefs.
- Your mind doesn't contro
Aisha_a_140a512 AlOmran
“The power is within you” is a book that enlightened me and taught me that I can live the life of my dreams. Louise Hay, an inspirational writer, was very successful in delivering her message. Throughout her book, she stated a couple of life changing tactics that helps the reader to be able to view life optimistically and focus on the positive aspects of his or her life, in order to attract even more better things. The book mentions that affirmations, which are phrases that we tell ourselves eve ...more
Karen
I personally found this book to be very inspirational, it has made me realise how unique, beautiful and powerful we really are. To sum it up, by the end of the book, I felt like the world was my oyster. It is the sort of book that I would read again in the future - and still get something from it.
Leehan
What i like about Louise Hay books are its simplicity writings and personal feelings i get reading them. I have read " How to Heal Your Life" prior to this and i feel that this book is an extension or a supplement reading to it. I have enjoyed it and i hope you do to.
Kelly
This book went hand in hand with Anatomy of the Spirit. You will begin to evaluate your thought processes, and begin to be nicer to yourself.
huda alDaqqaq
the biggest inspiration is here!
I feel really relaxed when I read it!

I liked it all!
Brian Bess
Louise Hay is the queen of affirmation-based self-help. Her approach is definitely rooted in Religious Science, particularly in the tenet that our thoughts largely shape our lives; therefore, if we change our thoughts we will in turn change our lives.
Having said that, I believe that even if one does not subscribe to Religious Science or any other so-called ‘new thought’ teaching, one could still benefit from much of the advice presented in this book. She is a major proponent of affirmations, bas
Beverly McCall
Once again, Louise Hay outlines strategies to help the reader focus on self-improvement. Hay outlines a journey of self-discovery that is logical and sequential. The reader learns how to recognize negative thoughts, feelings, actions and beliefs and replace them with positive ones. Additionally, the reader learns how positive affirmations work in changing their lives. The reader is in control of the work for self-improvement.
Ann
This is a well written "self-help" book that teaches that you must love yourself before you can love anyone or anything else. It teaches meditation and affirmations that can assist in your growth. The main message is that any power you are seeking is within you and available for your use and practice. The book is easy to read and packs a lot of information into a small package.
Dinah
If you're familiar with Louise Hay and have read or listen to almost all of her lectures, you'll find that everything written in this book is a reminder of what was said in those lectures. Some of it are word for word from the lectures, which is why I gave it 3 stars. I was hoping to read fresh ideas and concepts. Instead it was mostly a repetition of previous talks.
Rosie Amber
I read this book in a paperback edition because it's one of those books that you want to flip back and forth through, marking pages that are important and re-visiting points and exercises. To me the book was like that Harry Potter moment when he's buying his first wand "The Wand chooses the Wizard, Harry" The book was right for me. It's a self help book which has so much positive and sensible teachings that I felt you can't go wrong with it. It will empower you to go out and heal yourself and ch ...more
Tina
This is the best book I have read (so far) by Louise Hay. It covers pretty much everything. She's very clear about her message and even tough too. She repeats a lot but this is necessary to get the concepts.
Ann Busbey
This book was recommended to me by a friend and is the first I've read by Louise Hay. While I could not agree with some of her ideas and beliefs, I did find some useful advice to bring to my own life.
Jessie Jess
This book changed my life! I got it years ago as a gift from a friend, and it is so far one of the best gift I have ever received.
Parul
Very well written - nuggets of wisdom simply put, a kind hand to an ailing heart, a reasonable after thought :)
Gabriel
Me gusto mucho este libro y lo recomiendo para aquellas personas que quieran recobrar el control de sus vidas.

Kitty
A good, inspirational book. There's some overall good advice here, but parts of it definitely spoke to me more than other parts, which will probably be true for everyone. I enjoyed her "You Can Heal Your Life" book a bit better, but that might partly be do having read it first. This book seemed to focus more on overall well-being, where as "Heal Your Life" targets specific physical ailments. In a nutshell, Louise's books are all about positive thinking - but she's extremely motivational, and doe ...more
Connie Bauer
Very good book about the emotional/thought issues underlying physical illnesses.
Nickie
It going to take more then once to sink in but it is happening.
Dimitris Nezis
It changed my life! Simply epic & revitalizing !totally recommended!
Alisa Moore
Nothing I haven't read before but all good reminders. A lot of inner child stuff.
Inara Bhimani
this book is on self understanding.
Ayodele
Mama Louise is a blessing
Edmundo
It comes in the perfect time
Marta
Also a healing book
Claudette
(Audiobook) I know my Dad listened to Louise Hay religiously through his cancer trauma. He was originally only given 3 months to live but lived for another 3 years. I believe his positive attitude had something to do with this. With Louise Hay's philosophy that we have the power to create our destiny. This has not really fitted into my philosophy that we must go through certain life experiences to further develop our soul. Before our soul comes to earth, our life experiences are mapped out.
treehugger
I REALLY got a lot from this book. It put a lot of the major concepts I have been picking up from my spiritual readings and teachers for the last 10 years into REALLY simple, logical language.

A really great self-help book if you're feeling like you need a boost, and basically a good reminder of ways to live your best life (I guess as Oprah would say).

Louise Hay always sounds like such a kickin' old lady! I think it really added to the experience of this book that SHE was the narrator.
  • Manifest Your Destiny
  • The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Therapies
  • Infinite Self: 33 Steps to Reclaiming Your Inner Power
  • Marianne Williamson on Relationships: Romantic Delusions and Friendship
  • Open Your Mind to Prosperity
  • The Little Book of Letting Go: A Revolutionary 30-Day Program to Cleanse Your Mind, Lift Your Spirit and Replenish Your Soul
  • Tapping the Power Within: Introduction to Self-Empowerment for Black Women
  • The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose
  • Love Is Letting Go of Fear
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her
More about Louise L. Hay...
You Can Heal Your Life Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them You Can Create An Exceptional Life I Can Do It: How to Use Affirmations to Change Your Life Meditations to Heal Your Life

“When I talk about responsibility, I am really talking about having power. Blame is about giving away one’s power. Responsibility gives us the power to make changes in our lives. If we play the victim role, then we are using our personal power to be helpless. If we decide to accept responsibility, then we don’t waste time blaming somebody or something out there. Some people feel guilty for creating illness, or poverty, or problems. They choose to interpret responsibility as guilt. (Some members of the media like to refer to it as New Age Guilt.) These people feel guilty because they believe that they have failed in some way.” 7 likes
“Responsibility is our ability to respond to a situation. We always have a choice.” 6 likes