Start by marking “Vampires Dead Ahead (Night Tracker, #5)” as Want to Read:
Vampires Dead Ahead (Night Tracker, #5)

Vampires Dead Ahead (Night Tracker #5)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  438 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
In the acclaimed Night Tracker series by New York Times bestselling author Cheyenne McCray, the vampires are back to make a brand new start of it—in old New York…

With zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, Nyx and the Trackers have made the streets safer for warm-blooded New Yorkers. Unfortunately, they didn't drive a stake through the problem nationwide. Vampire attacks are on
Published November 29th 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Vampires Dead Ahead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampires Dead Ahead

Yui
Dec 12, 2011 Yui rated it did not like it
An example of a series that should have ended one book previously. The last book Zombies Sold Separately would have been a perfect ending with the invasion problem. It's a little anti-climactic to go from a world invasion to a formerly defeated villain come-back. The villain's plan is more effective this time but I can't help commenting that this should have been his plan from the start.

There's nothing more to do but toss this one at books-not-to-be-opened-again corner. It had a nice start but
Feminista
Apr 17, 2013 Feminista rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5 out of 5.

I have been wanting to read this book for almost a year now. Now that I have finally finished this series, I can say, that I loved it.

Nyx and her team of Trackers learn of mysterious disappearance of other Trackers in another state of U.S.A. Knowing that that cannot be good, Rodán, her boss and former lover, tells her to head the special team that will investigate these disappearances. Except, he disappears too, less than 24 hours after meeting up with her and the team.

In a r
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Rating* 3.0
*Genre* Paranormal Romance

*Review*

Vampires Dead Ahead is the fifth book in the Night Tracker series which features half-human, half–Drow private investigator Nyx Cair. Cair works paranormal crimes by day and leads an elite special team of Trackers by night. She is teamed up with human Olivia DeSantos who is a former NYPD SWAT officer and wears a different T-shirt extolling the virtues of how she is feeling that day.

Over the past year, Nyx and her Tracker friends have been forced to d
Kathleen Bruce
I was actually quite surprised that I actually enjoyed reading this last book in the night trackers series. The problem was I quite liked the first one (so I rushed out and bought the others), 2nd wasn't too bad, third one was alright and I didn't really overly like the 4th one, maybe because I HATE zombies! But I enjoyed the storyline and the action and Nyx herself for this one and I didn't want to bang Nyx's face into a wall repeatedly like I did in the other novels. I think that getting rid o ...more
Levia
Jan 09, 2015 Levia rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, but not sure how I feel about what happens to Nyx. The trip with Colin is to me too similar to having her last vacation with Boyd. I like that this book brings the vampire situation to a close. I think it would have been interesting/ cool if instead of calling the new vamps paranorm vampires to call them vamparas. But I'm silly like that.
I did email Cheyenne McCray asking if she plans to continue this series any further (because I really like it) and she said at this ti
Blow Pop
May 23, 2015 Blow Pop rated it really liked it
Shelves: fluff, reviewed, 2015
Content warnings: non consent, murder, death, violence

This was a good book. I think the only problems I have with this series as a whole is the whole we all (as in the reader AND all the characters in the book) see the big problem that needs solving too early in the book and then the rest of the book winds up being "how we're going to solve this" and then a little bit in actually solving. Other than that these books are pretty good.

Having only vague generalities of what happened in the other vam
Tia
May 24, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
PepperP0t
I liked what seems to be final entry of this unevenly entertaining series. But I’m still finding myself with mixed feelings about it. When the series is good, it’s very good and when it’s not….

Proctors and trackers are missing and it seems the latest member of that elite club is Rodan. During the investigation Nyx discovers Volod has finally resurfaced and is more determined than ever to wreak vengeance on Rodan and Nyx as his schemes for vampires to rule the paranormal world unfold

While I liked
Courts
2.5/5 stars.

The biggest issue with this book for me was the reoccurring villain, Volod. Cheyenne McCray may as well have re-wrote Vampires Not Invited. Just toss in a new love interest, a somewhat pointless death and there you have it.

As my understanding goes, this is the final book of the Night Tracker series, which is a shame. I wouldn't have minded seeing another book so I could have seen some type of development between Nyx and Colin. I actually really liked Colin. (view spoiler)
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jan 23, 2012 Jessica (a GREAT read) rated it it was amazing
Cheyenne McCray's Vampires Dead Ahead was extraordinary! I don't know if this is supposed to be the final Night Trackers Novel or not, I suppose it could go both ways since I haven't found anything out yet on the author's website. Moving on...

This was beyond great! Probably the best Night Trackers Novel ever, truly epic! Nyx is trying to get back to normal after the Zombie attack, it was probably the worst case she ever worked with her dislike of Zombies, but soon that case will look like a piec
~Vixhen~
Dec 21, 2011 ~Vixhen~ rated it it was amazing
My favorite purple, half-human/Drow tracker, Nyx Ciar, is back. This time she's up against a nemesis she thought was gone. Volod, the master vampire who she came up against in book 3. He is back with a vengence. His goal - to make a master race of hybrid vampire/paranorms and take over the world. When those closest to Nyx start disappearing and turning up vamped, she decides it time to hang Volod out in the sun and let him roast. However, he has other ideas. Nyx destroyed his family and he wants ...more
Tt2006
Feb 27, 2015 Tt2006 rated it it was ok
I read these books and thought the series was alright but not amazing. Honestly in this last book all I could think was if there was another best friend (to kill off) would have probably been another book. As to Rodan's ending, guess we couldn't come up with a happy ending so will just get rid of him. I was pretty disappointed at the abrupt ending to the series. Sorry wish I could have said I loved it.
Leslee
Feb 04, 2015 Leslee rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book, it was a good fast paced read that kept me interested and turning the pages. The heroine was likeable and you wanted her to achieve her goals in the end. The only problem I had was it was part of a series and I'd not read the first book so it took me about fifty pages to figure some things out, other than that I would recommend it highly
Ivanna
Dec 13, 2011 Ivanna rated it really liked it
semakin sukaaa sama Nyx... :)

Volod kembali untuk balas dendam kepada para Paranorms.. dan sekarang dia menculik para paranorms untuk di jadikan vampir.. termasuk para Proctor dan termasuk juga Rodan... Nyx sediiih sekali...
Rodan yang telah mendajadi sahabat, kekasih dan mentor.. orang yg selalu ada buat Nyx... (ga terimaaaaa banget Rodan yg jadi korban)...

Atas saran Great Guardian, agar Nyx bisa menyelamatkan para paranorms dan membunuh Volod. Nyx harus mengorbankan darahnya sendiri, karena hany
Jess
Jan 02, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2012
Wow, this one was definitely a thrill ride and while I enjoyed all the drama and bloody battles I do wish that Nyx had a little bit easier of a life. Poor thing. She's always getting beat up (which is usually because she runs headlong into situations without looking) but this time, she really didn't deserve everything that was happening to her.

Throughout the book I kept rooting for Nyx which in the past books I didn't always do. She sometimes had a little bit of that TSTL thing going on, but in
Michelle
Jul 31, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
Can you treat this as a standalone book? No. I would not even try. There's too many characters and twists from the previous books to make this to where you would feel as if you truly understand the storyline. I would honestly not read this book if you haven't read the others.

Did I like the book? Yes, I did. I am kind of disappointed at some aspects- namely Rodan and Nyx's latest problem. I won't spoil it! But argh, Nyx is like a walking trouble magnet. The woman just can't get a break.

Colin. *si
Diane
Jan 21, 2013 Diane rated it really liked it

This must be the last book in this series. To bad. Nyx is a Drow/human. She is the head of her team of trackers. Trackers hunt vampires and her team is very good at it. When her boss/ex-lover
Rodan goes missing she must find him. But it seems her old adversary the master vampire Volod is at
it again. He's trying to amass an army to take over earth. With the help of her friends a treamates
she must stop Volod before he destroys everything the paranorms have built. We see more of Colin her
hot drago
Amy Smith
Apr 13, 2014 Amy Smith rated it really liked it
Not gonna lie I'm a little mad about what happens in this story with Nyx but it was still a good story.
Aliya DalRae
May 29, 2014 Aliya DalRae rated it really liked it
Shelves: supernatural
I think I've said it before, but these books jut get better and better. My favorite in this series so far.
Kim Wright
Feb 19, 2014 Kim Wright rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS BOOK, WANT TO READ MORE FROM CHEYENNE.
Jeannie Lopez
Nov 21, 2014 Jeannie Lopez rated it it was amazing
I am glad she was with Colin in th end
Melanie
Jan 01, 2012 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, uf
I'm not sure exactly what I think of this story. I just don't think it is taking the series where it needs to be headed, but that is just my opinion. I will still read the next book. I've been wrong about series before. The author knows where she is planning on taking this story, I do not. I will say that with every story, I like Olivia more. She is a great character. I also like Colin. I hope Nyx will give him a good chance. I think he would be good for her in many ways.
☀Rachael☀
Apr 08, 2015 ☀Rachael☀ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do like these but I am glad to finally finish the series!
Donna
Mar 27, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it
Vampires Dead Ahead (Night Tracker #5) by Cheyenne McCray
Nyx is back with all her friends. Unfortunately Master Vampire Volod is back looking for revenge and there is hell to pay. Without giving spoilers I can say that there is a big shake up in Nyx’s world in this book. She loses some old friends and makes some new ones. Despite all of that I think that this may be the best in this series to date.
Julie
Jan 25, 2012 Julie rated it it was ok
I'm really waffling on a rating for this (it's either a two-star or a three-star). There were events in the book that I thought were either at odds with the general campy tone or weren't handled with convincing emotional depth. Kind of contradictory, right? That's why I haven't written a full review...yet.
Holly
Dec 01, 2011 Holly rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book, unfortunately it might be my least favorite of the series. It doesnt mean I didnt like it, but it was just a bit of a bummer. Will still stick with the series if there are more to come. The parts with Olivia are probably the best, she is a great character.
Angel Martin
Dec 08, 2011 Angel Martin rated it it was amazing
Yep it's what I thought it would be. My emotions were allover while reading this book. It was a great read. Many things happened to Nyx that were heartbreaking but as usual she gets thru it and kick some vampire ass. Loved the book.
Tara
Apr 03, 2012 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: cheyenne-mccray
"Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." Gotta love Olivia's t-shirts!
Pamela
Nov 06, 2011 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Rated 5 Blue Ribbons & RR for Recommended Read
Review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Robin Hall
Dec 06, 2011 Robin Hall rated it really liked it
These books never progress the way I want them to which makes them so interesting to read. They stir up many emotions but bored is never one of them.
  • Love on the Run (Nola O'Grady, #4)
  • Reckoning (Fallen Siren, #2)
  • Rogue Oracle (Oracle, #2)
  • Left for Undead (Crimson Moon, #6)
  • Darkness Descending (Vampire Armageddon, #1)
  • Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2)
  • Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #3)
  • Burn the Night (Dark Days, #6)
  • Bitten (Bite, #2)
  • Desdaemona
  • Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2)
  • Destiny Bewitched (Shadows of Destiny, #4)
  • Rusted Veins (Sabina Kane, #5.5)
  • Crossroads (Anna Strong Chronicles, #7)
  • Green Eyed Envy (Shades of Fury, #2)
  • Night Veil (Indigo Court, #2)
  • Deliverance (Mortal Path, #3)
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Night Tracker (5 books)
  • Demons Not Included (Night Tracker, #1)
  • No Werewolves Allowed (Night Tracker, #2)
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Zombies Sold Separately (Night Tracker, #4)