Start by marking “CookieBot!: A Harry and Horsie Adventure” as Want to Read:
CookieBot!: A Harry and Horsie Adventure

CookieBot!: A Harry and Horsie Adventure

The Problem: Harry and Horsie want cookies, but the jar is way out of reach.

The Solution: Build CookieBot--the most amazing cookie-grabbing robot ever!

What could go wrong?
Published May 31st 2011 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about CookieBot!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CookieBot!

Alyssa Calhoun
Dec 03, 2016 Alyssa Calhoun rated it really liked it
First graders and I all loved this book!
Mollie B
Genre: Modern Fantasy/Sci Fi

Characters: Horsie, Henry, Cookiebot
Setting: NY
POV: narrator

The basic premise of this story is centered around Henry, a human, and Horsie, his stuffed animal friend. At the beginning of the story, Harry and Horsie are playing, and Harry hears a vicious stomach growl. Harry and Horsie both agree that they are hungry for...cookies! However, they run into a problem: the cookie jar is placed far too high on the shelf for them t
Jennifer Strong
Mar 30, 2016 Jennifer Strong rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, 2016
Harry and Horsie are building a city of blocks when their tummies start grumbling. Only a cookie will satisfy their rumblings! There's only one problem- the cookie jar is up high and out of reach. They build a robot called Cookiebot to get the cookies, but when the robot gets his hands on them he wants more! He stomps his way through the city to the Empire Sweets Cafe and starts gobbling up all the cookies! Soon there won't be a cookie left in the city! Horsie comes to save the day in an ...more
Vivian
Jun 24, 2016 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Craig MacLachlan
Mar 20, 2013 Craig MacLachlan rated it it was amazing
Katie brings us another adventure in the Harry and Horsie line of children's books. Katie's story, woven together with awesome illustrations, brings to life a grand adventure beyond the normal taking of a cookie from the jar! With Harry and Horsie building the Cookiebot to reach and retrieve them some cookies, the Cookiebot becomes a cookie-monster itself and it's up to Harry and Horsie to save all the cookies! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I know my family and friends will see what a ...more
Steven R. McEvoy
May 01, 2012 Steven R. McEvoy rated it it was amazing
Harry and Horsie ride again. This second story book in the Harry and Horsie adventure series is great. Harry decides to build a robot to get the cookies from the top of the fridge. But soon the robot is out of control. Harry is trapped inside and rampaging. The illustrations are similar to the first book but with a different pallet. Drawn like classic newspaper cartoons, there is a sense of nostalgia reading the book. Children love the story and ask for it to be read frequently.

Read the review o
Heather
Jul 26, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
26 months - what a fun story and great illustrations! We loved this little boy's imagination and the retro graphics and colors are fabulous! I was thrilled that it was in picture book format vs. comic book text bubbles. That would have lost it for me. I enjoyed being taken into Harry's imagination where everything is bigger than life; then when we return we see him wearing his cardboard robot costume. Love the details!
Shelli
Jul 20, 2011 Shelli rated it it was amazing
Katie Van Camp and Lincoln Agnew have a pop art style they incorporate in with fun story telling. Harry and his trusted sidekick Horsie are on a mission to get to the cookie jar, that for some strange reason their mother has placed WAY WAY up on top of the refrigerator. What can they do? Maybe built a cookiebot to scale this enormous obstacle and aid them in obtaining the cookie nourishment they so desire??
Erin
Nov 25, 2015 Erin rated it liked it
Cute story about a boy and his toy Horsie who want cookies for a snack. Mom put the cookie jar way up high on top of the refrigerator where they can't reach it. So, they made a robot to get them down: Cookiebot! But Cookiebot doesn't just retrieve cookies, he wants to devour them all as well!

Good for preschool storytimes.
Phillip Lemons
Jan 18, 2016 Phillip Lemons rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-books
This is just a fun story of a boy using his imagination. No morals or message to be a better person. This one of my boy's favorite stories. But then, it's about a robot and cookies, what more could a three year old want?

Overall, fun illustrations and promoting imagination make this a win for both my boy and I. It's fun to read and has a good flow.
Bianca
Feb 16, 2015 Bianca rated it liked it
My nephews definitely liked this, it's a total boy palooza with a robot and cool boy in the lead.

It's basically an adventure about getting cookies to alleviate hunger that leads he main character into building a robot to get the cookies for him. But the robot goes haywire and that's when the fun really begins.

So yeah, it was an interesting read and was definitely a lot of fun.
Amy
Jan 26, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Randy
Jul 22, 2013 Randy rated it really liked it
Great book for a 4-5 year-old. Fun, simple story, and the illustrations are a great combination of vintage-looking drawings and crisp, modern renderings. Look for funny details in the drawings, too!
Dona
Jan 24, 2012 Dona rated it liked it
This is a cute book. The illustrations are vintage. Very imaginative. I liked it but I didn't love it.
Lucia
Sep 21, 2012 Lucia rated it liked it

The most amazing retro comic book-esque graphics in any children's book! Unfortunately the story is mediocre at best.
Athena
Jun 20, 2015 Athena rated it liked it
My mom and dad call this book Crackerbot and whenever the book says cookie they say cracker and it's still a good book when they read it.
B. Reese
Jun 11, 2015 B. Reese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
The art in this book is amazing, and the story is just as good. Very fun book for young kids. MUST BUY!
Ryan
Jul 15, 2016 Ryan rated it it was amazing
Harry and Horsie are having fun. They need to find a way to get to the cookies. Only a robot will do.
Jessica
Jan 24, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Awesome picture book about Harry, Horsie, and their adventure of stopping an out of control cookiebot
Alison
Jul 24, 2012 Alison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Loved it as much as I loved the Harry and Horsie book. The story was fun and I just love the color and illustrations in these books.
Alyson
Aug 05, 2011 Alyson rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
What kid hasn't wanted to build a robot for reaching the cookies stored up high? Cute, funny and a terrific adventure for Harry and Horsie.
Shannon
Feb 07, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Recommended to me by CT, one of my students. The art is the exact type of retro-y vintage goodness that I love. YES. The story is meh.
Hilary
Mar 02, 2012 Hilary rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Retro illustrations. Plot reminds me of Saturday morning cartoons. Not very original. It has more adult- than kid-appeal. Meh.
Rosanne
Jul 25, 2013 Rosanne rated it it was amazing
I love these books. The illustrations are perfect for the story. I love the robot drawings. I wish I would have known about this book last year when we drew robots!
Marcia
Jul 09, 2014 Marcia rated it liked it
I really like the retro feel of the illustrations in this simple sic-fi picture book for very young readers. Robots are always a hit, even when the story is nothing special.
Nicole
Oct 26, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: picture_book
I liked the artwork, but the story was a little boring to me personally...though I suspect it is very engaging for a young reader...
Wendy Garland
Jul 14, 2012 Wendy Garland rated it liked it
Harry and Horsie create a CookieBot to help them reach the cookie jar, but things go wrong when the CookieBot develops a mind of it's own.
Sarah BT
Sarah BT rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Tam
Tam rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • My Dog Thinks I'm A Genius
  • Robot Zombie Frankenstein!
  • Tom's Tweet
  • Oliver
  • Bee & Bird
  • Oh No, Little Dragon!
  • Finn Throws a Fit
  • Me and My Dragon (Me and My Dragon, #1)
  • Symphony City