Start by marking “An Hour to Kill: A Novel” as Want to Read:
An Hour to Kill: A Novel

An Hour to Kill: A Novel

In the dreary, dreadful gray of a New York winter, two bodies are discovered in Central Park. The first horribly burned beyond recognition. The second, once a prominent psychiatrist, an apparent suicide, taking his last breath behind the wheel of a '57 Mercedes Gullwing, an unfired .25 caliber automatic at his side.

These grisly findings resonate deeply within the personal
Published May 25th 2004 by HarperTorch (first published June 1st 2003)

Sep 15, 2015 Sandy rated it it was ok
Not the best I have read for sure. A shrink is involved with his patients, another Dr is having a love/hate relationship with her husband and the police are investigating two murders in Central Park.
Norman Smith
Sep 16, 2015 Norman Smith rated it it was ok
Goodreads says two stars are for an "OK" book. I had to think about whether this was 1 star or 2. if you are not too fussy, this will be OK. I didn't like any character in the book, and the dialogue was a turn off; I know New York residents are all supposed to be hard-boiled and world-weary, but none of the characters ever seemed to have a pleasant thought or word. As for the plot, it was way too fussy and overly complicated, not to mention unbelievable. One of the large number of evil doers is ...more
Barbara ★
Let's see...we've got a shrink doing his patients who ends up dead. We've got a drugged out hooker who's doing some anonymous rich couple. We've got a screwy ADA into BDSM. We've got a lesbian cop who's ex-girlfriend gets barbequed. We've got a male cop having personal issues because he can't get it up. Oh and let's not forget the guy killing people in Central Park. The author eventually pulls all this together into a cohesive story but the journey to get there is just not worth the torture.

Cynthia K
Dec 27, 2015 Cynthia K rated it it was ok
Something felt inauthentic about the writing. I'll admit I became fixated on the brief vignette in which the lead detective is said to be eating Cheerios and the author describes them as "sugar-coated." Nope. That's just not right.
I found the story to be confusing and then all-too clear in whodunit. At least this was a quick read.
Jun 01, 2011 Jenn rated it it was ok
The first chapter had me giggling. A lot of so-called cop speak with jagged, short sentences. It felt like someone was trying to write a very noir New York murder mystery. It didn't cut it for me, and most of the characters just got worse. No wonder I haven't found any other books by this author. My opinion - give this one a miss.
Laura Salas
Jul 26, 2011 Laura Salas rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, mystery
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
If you are into twisted relationships this book is for you. Not sure why it has such a low rating on goodreads, i liked the story overall.
Jul 06, 2009 Cheye-Anne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible, generic thriller. You could see this coming a mile away. Don't waste your time!
Jackie Michiels
Jackie Michiels rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Dana Cassidy
Dana Cassidy is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2016
Walter Moss
Walter Moss marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Steve Allen
Steve Allen rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2016
Barbara Booth
Barbara Booth marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Linda added it
May 22, 2016
Sonja rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Janet Wrobleski-Belrose
Janet Wrobleski-Belrose rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2016
Lynne marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Cynthia K
Cynthia K marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Zou Cherry
Zou Cherry rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015