Start by marking “An Hour to Kill: A Novel” as Want to Read:
An Hour to Kill: A Novel

An Hour to Kill: A Novel

2.85 of 5 stars 2.85  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the dreary, dreadful gray of a New York winter, two bodies are discovered in Central Park. The first horribly burned beyond recognition. The second, once a prominent psychiatrist, an apparent suicide, taking his last breath behind the wheel of a '57 Mercedes Gullwing, an unfired .25 caliber automatic at his side.

These grisly findings resonate deeply within the personal
Published May 25th 2004 by HarperTorch (first published June 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about An Hour to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Hour to Kill

Barbara ★
Let's see...we've got a shrink doing his patients who ends up dead. We've got a drugged out hooker who's doing some anonymous rich couple. We've got a screwy ADA into BDSM. We've got a lesbian cop who's ex-girlfriend gets barbequed. We've got a male cop having personal issues because he can't get it up. Oh and let's not forget the guy killing people in Central Park. The author eventually pulls all this together into a cohesive story but the journey to get there is just not worth the torture.

All
Jenn
The first chapter had me giggling. A lot of so-called cop speak with jagged, short sentences. It felt like someone was trying to write a very noir New York murder mystery. It didn't cut it for me, and most of the characters just got worse. No wonder I haven't found any other books by this author. My opinion - give this one a miss.
Laura Salas
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
If you are into twisted relationships this book is for you. Not sure why it has such a low rating on goodreads, i liked the story overall.
Cheye-Anne
Horrible, generic thriller. You could see this coming a mile away. Don't waste your time!
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
KH
KH added it
Mar 18, 2015
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2015
Angela
Angela added it
Feb 15, 2015
Linda
Linda added it
Jan 10, 2015
Kiersten Koppenhoefer
Kiersten Koppenhoefer marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Marjie
Marjie added it
Nov 22, 2014
Jaye
Jaye marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Sharon Boyne Travis
Sharon Boyne Travis marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Breed
Breed added it
Feb 19, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Amanda Lau
Amanda Lau marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Katharine
Katharine marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Katz!
Katz! added it
Aug 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
An Hour to Kill An Hour to Kill: A Novel Seelenjagd.