Start by marking “Drei Mädchen gründen einen Club (Sattelclub, #1)” as Want to Read:
Drei Mädchen gründen einen Club (Sattelclub, #1)

Drei Mädchen gründen einen Club (Saddle Club #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,397 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
Die Freundinnen Laura und Jenny verbringen jede freie Minute im Reitstall "Pine Hollow". Eines Tages taucht eine neue Reitschülerin auf: Julia Atwood. So herausgeputzt, wie die ist, paßt sie unmöglich in den Stall, meinen Laura und Jenny. Aber dann entpuppt sich Julia doch noch als toller Kumpel, und die drei gründen einen Club: den Sattelclub.

Der Club hat gleich eine schw
Published 1993 by Ravensburger Buchverlag (first published June 28th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Drei Mädchen gründen einen Club, please sign up.

Raven Bryant wrote about 35 of the books herself, and after that a team of ghost writers took over the series, that's how ;P

Aug 17, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one series I never got a chance to read growing up, I was already into Pony Pals and Thoroughbred and Heartland and Phantom Stallion...but being as it was such a popular series, I am curious about it. I watched the first to seasons of the television series a couple weeks ago and enjoyed them despite the young age group (Max isn't bad to look at either ;D) I mean, I cried when Cobalt died and when Veronica sold Garnet and when Comanche got sick and was nearly shot after he got away from S ...more
Brit McCarthy
When I was younger, girls under twelve read books about horses, not vampires.
Erma Talamante
Review pending/Reread pending...

This is the book that started it all... An obsession that lasted YEARS. Even now... I still have these books boxed and tucked away in storage. (One of these days I'm going to have to go pull everything out and go through it all - even I don't know what all I got in there anymore. Just the main stuff really...)

Anyways, I think I know what next year will bring, but that'll be for another post, not this here.

This is the first in a long running series. Probably one o
Raven
Dec 28, 2011 Raven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For many years, this was my absolute favorite series of books (and tv show), I was completely obsessed, and I still have about 40 of the books sitting on my shelf. I want to re-read The Saddle Club someday, because I have very fond memories of it <3
Petra
Adorable. A bit too corny, a bit too black & white and a bit too predictable... but adorable.

Also, if the double-locked horse stalls don't turn out to be a Chekov's gun for one of the later books, I'll be deeply disappointed. Just saying.
Sep 11, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a pre-teen rider myself, I loved this series. Eventually I outgrew it, but for a while there I gobbled down every Saddle Club book I could get my hands on. I can remember eagerly waiting for the next one to be published...
Hannah
Jul 14, 2009 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this series when I was younger and I would highly recomend it to little girls who love horses. I read all 101 books in this series and loved every single one! It teaches you alot about horses and friendship.
Cassie Griffin
Dec 12, 2010 Cassie Griffin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am horse crazy too! I loved it!!!
Saskia
I read the "Saddleclub" books when I was a child and loved them so much! I still have the 24 I read on my shelf today and though I would not be able to say what exactly happened in them, I will never forget how much I enjoyed them as a 12-year-old horse enthusiast!

Btw: The German covers are more than beautiful!
Rebecca McNutt
I used to love this series in elementary school... but reading it again in 2015 has really given me a new perspective. Saddle Club was neither a well-written nor original series, but the characters are likeable enough to keep younger kids focused on their adventures.
Katie
Apr 09, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just like every horse book i come across. i push through to the end. but this one it was all worth whille. it made my laugh. gasp. and yell. it is a grest book for readers intressted in horses or even some one trying to improve thier reading but want it to be fun.
Cassia
Oct 17, 2008 Cassia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horse-books
I learned that I love horses even more than I thought!!!
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Andie Z. for TeensReadToo.com

THE SADDLE CLUB is a hugely popular series by Bonnie Bryant. In this first book, HORSE CRAZY, we are introduced to Stevie Lake, Carole Hanson, and Lisa Atwood. All three girls are very different: Stevie is a practical joker, Carole is obsessed with horses, and Lisa is a straight-A student, but they are brought together by their love of riding.

Stevie and Carole have been friends ever since they met at Pine Hollow Stables, and at first they're not sure tha
Angie
Synopsis: "Carole Hanson and Stevie Lake have been best friends ever since they met at Pine Hollow Stables. So when Lisa Atwood joins their riding group, the girls aren't sure she's got what it takes. Lisa may be the smartest student in the classroom, but she's got a lot to learn when it comes to horses. . . ."

My Review: It has been decades since I last read this book and thought it was about time I did again (especially since I have always ranked this series in high importance). It was really i
Kathi
Nov 11, 2015 Kathi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nostalgia-corner
I must have been around 11 or so when I started reading the Saddle Club books, but like most young girls who love horses, I became obsessed, in a good way. I ended up collecting the entire series. I read them like they were candy.

I really enjoyed reading about the characters, especially about how each one of them eventually obtained their horses. I related mostly to Lisa, but I enjoyed reading about how Stevie obtained her horse the most. I remember disliking a few books, mostly if they centere
Kim Burean
Jun 28, 2012 Kim Burean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: realistic, youth
This kick-off to the Saddle Club series was actually pretty good. It had good character development and a good story. It focused more on the friend relationships among the girls at Pine Hollow Stables, then the Thoroughbred series that focused more on one girl and the horses. It did a good job of dealing with girls and friendship.

The girls in the book are 6th graders, but this book would appeal to girls in 4th - 7th grade. You would not have to be really into horses to like this series because
Penn 6
There are three girls named Lisa, Carol, and Stevie. Lisa is the new girl, dressed in fine clothing gear for horse riding. Stevie and Carol mistake her to be a mean, snotty rich kid but finds that she is a true friend.

Stevie, Carol, and Lisa are now friends. They do everything together. They ride horses together, go shopping, hang out, and they want to go to a trip called MTO (Mountain Trail Overnight) but Stevie has poor grades they can't go without Stevie. Steview gives up but the trail must g
Elizabeth Raymond
I like this book so far because it switches around who's vision its in. There is a continued rivalry between Lisa and Stephanie.

I think stephanie's plan isn't going to work because she's having her brothers do the work and get the money.

I think it was good of Lisa and Stephanie to become friends because lisa helped stephanie with her project so they could booth go on the overnight horse camp.

I wish the book didn't end before they went to the horse camp. I liked this book because it was about hor
E
Jul 17, 2014 E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, fiction
Not nearly as awesome as I remember when I read this series as a kid, but it kind of reminded me of what my sister told me recently about why she loves Jane Austen: when you read these books, you're "safe," you can relax, because nothing truly horrible or challenging is going to happen. This really brought me back to my own horse-crazy days, so even though it was a little slow and shallow for my tastes now, it was a fun trip down memory lane.
Max
Oct 22, 2012 Max rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like horses but saddle club is freaking stupid, cheesy, and makes me cringe. STAHP. Stahp making these books and stop the TV series too. They suck.
I can accept some girls or mid teens may adore this book, because its so 'horsey' and its what they think is proper writing skills. Horses are meant to be epic and free, not something to toy with and decorate.
Maybe I am just ignorant and I am missing out on whats so special.
Priscilla Huicq
Mar 01, 2015 Priscilla Huicq rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'adorais le Grand Galop quand j'étais petite.. Quel plaisir de relire le premier numéro d'une graaaaande collection.. Même 15 ans plus tard, je continue d'aimer ces livres, ce sont eux qui m'ont rendue accro à la lecture. Je les trouve tellement bien faits, ils sont très bien écris et pas du tout niais, malgré le fait que ce soit des livres pour enfant. J'adore.
Francesca
Apr 25, 2014 Francesca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy
I loved the tv show inspired by this series when I was a child, but I've never had the chance to read the books.
I finally found the first four books, finished the first one and I can't wait to read the next three. It's such a lovely story about friendship and horses and for me, a horse lover who's not ready to grow up yet, it's perfect.

Jen Pritchard
Jul 11, 2015 Jen Pritchard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite series. This, the first of the series starts a little slow, but once it gets going is a really great read. And you don't have to be a horse lover to enjoy it! After reading a couple of the books in the series you'll wish you were a part of the Saddle Club too. Carol, Lisa and Stevie always have the best fun!
Randy Read
Mar 16, 2015 Randy Read rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review

I chose a five-star rating on this book because it was awesome I like all the characters in this book they were awesome. I love horses they are a beautiful animal I would recommend this book to anyone that loves horses
Dee
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids who love horses.
Recommended to Dee by: I saw it in a book catalog.
This was one of my fave series as a kid. I loved this book, as it's the first one to introduce me to the series, and it really showed the kind of morals and solidarity of the characters. A must-read for all horse-loving kids.
☣Lynn☣
Sep 18, 2014 ☣Lynn☣ marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap! I totally forgot about this show. @__@ I used to watch the show all the time when I was younger. Didn't know it was a book series too.
Christina
Jan 01, 2015 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books from late elementary/middle school. I read all of this series!
Jill
Mar 05, 2014 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rayna-smith
I love this book because it talks both about the girls and the horses!
Teagan
Nov 03, 2015 Teagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is wonderful, anyone would be
Rachael
was fun to return to a childhood favorite
  • Wonder's Victory (Thoroughbred, #4)
  • Runaway Pony (Pony Pals, #7)
  • Ghost Horse (Phantom Rider, #1)
  • The New Class (Chestnut Hill, #1)
American author of children's books. She is best known for creating the intermediate horse book series The Saddle Club, which was published from October 1988 until April 2001. The Saddle Club chronicled the adventures of thirteen-year-old Lisa Atwood and twelve-year-olds Stephanie "Stevie" Lake and Carole Hanson. The series was static in time; the girls never aged in 101 books, 7 special editions, ...more
More about Bonnie Bryant...

Saddle Club (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Horse Shy (Saddle Club, #2)
  • Horse Sense (Saddle Club, #3)
  • Horse Power (Saddle Club, #4)
  • Trail Mates (Saddle Club, #5)
  • Dude Ranch (Saddle Club, #6)
  • Horse Play (Saddle Club, #7)
  • Horse Show (Saddle Club, #8)
  • Hoof Beat (Saddle Club, #9)
  • Riding Camp (Saddle Club, #10)
  • Horse Wise (Saddle Club, #11)

“Saddle Club Forever!" Stevie, Carole, and Lisa said.” 11 likes