Start by marking “Swear (My Blood Approves, #5)” as Want to Read:
Swear (My Blood Approves, #5)

Swear (My Blood Approves #5)

In the final book of the My Blood Approves series…

Alice has moved on and is settling into a new country with a new career as a vampire hunter. Finally, she’s created a stable, happy life for herself and her family, including her boyfriend Jack. Or at least as stable as her life can be, especially with a dangerous vampire cult resurfacing.

But everything she’s worked for is
ebook
Published November 9th 2016

Marie
Dec 22, 2016 Marie is currently reading it
Shelves: vamps
Omg this book is finally out!!!!!!! Hope it was worth this long ass wait, might take me a while to get through as I binge read the previous 4 books again..... just wondering if it can actually live up to all the hype that's surrounded it... hmm.. well guess I'll know soon enough!

PS- Team Jack all the way
Shelly Crane
Dec 14, 2011 Shelly Crane marked it as to-read
I can't wait for this book! This has been the longest book to wait for. I wonder is she's writing it now or working on the Watersong series instead.
Oh, please be working on this!! I felt so bad for Peter in the last book. Team Peter all the way!!
Elena
Mar 11, 2013 Elena marked it as up-in-the-air
To all the fans of Peter: he is a massive arrogant self absorbed jerk, a poncy twat and a bloody pain in the arse!!! His charachter is ridiculously underdeveloped and ghostly, and if in Swear Alice ends up with him by some miracle, I hope this book never comes out!!!

UPDATE

!!!

Thank you, the ever loyal members of team Peter&Alice, who had the guts to send hate mail to Amanda Hocking as well as a crapload of messages about how unsatisfied you were with the course My Blood Approves had taken (I mea
Nov 11, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I was so happy to finally get the ending to the series. It was bittersweet and basically everything I wanted. I spent most of the series hoping for this but then it made me sad. I love Jack and Alice and it was nice to see things more wrapped up for them. Hard to talk about it without spoilers.

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE 4th BOOK!

From Amanda Hocking's Blog

I think I need to clarify the following things. My problems with writing Swear aren't because a lack of ideas, writer's block, or because
Courtney
Nov 14, 2011 Courtney rated it it was amazing
I cant wait! Its so close yet so far away! PeterxAlice! Oh dear god please PeterxAlice if it is not... me and my friend WILL attack the printing company even if they didnt write it... and then make Amanda Hocking fix it so Peter and Alice get together ;D bwuahha!
Alex Stephens
Nov 27, 2011 Alex Stephens marked it as to-read
I had no idea there was gonna be another book to the series :) I'm glad there is. I really want it to be Alice and Peter together! He did have her first then Jack took her. Don't get me wrong, I loved Jack but I loved Peter more. 2 more months left!! <3 <3 Peter&Alice all the way
Carolina
Mar 13, 2013 Carolina marked it as to-read
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN JACK AND THE AUTHOR ALREADY TOLD THAT JACK WAS THE MEANT FOR ALICE!!! I'm soooo happy that i could start crying in this moment.
Shelby Petrie
Feb 08, 2012 Shelby Petrie rated it it was amazing
Peter and Alice all the way! I love Jack, but Peter sends chills up my spine and makes me want to steal him away and keep him for myself(: I don't care if his character is lame or if he's an ass sometimes(: he loves Alice more than he does Elise and that's saying a lot considering he was depressed the whole time over Elise's death until he met Alice. I think Jack is an ass for breaking the bond between her and Peter, Peter didn't deserve that after losing Elise. I love Peter to death<3
Grace Lindo
Jun 25, 2011 Grace Lindo marked it as to-read
Peter and Alice. Please, just please!
Alyson
Jan 27, 2012 Alyson marked it as to-read
Shelves: sequels
Peter and Alice :)
Kizzy
Jul 14, 2011 Kizzy rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for it to come out! Peter and Alice, Please! it would work out so much better than Jack and Alice.
Sara Lipscomb
Dec 23, 2012 Sara Lipscomb marked it as to-read
I know this book may never come to being-- I am lost without the ending to Jack's story-- well, Alice and Jack-- I get it, people love Peter-- but he already has his Elise... anyways-- Amanda is terribly busy with her success... so if it never comes to head-- at least I can rest in the know that Alice chose Jack, it will always be Jack. Think I'm actually going to start reading from the beginning again...
Tina
Mar 24, 2013 Tina marked it as to-read
Shelves: completed-series
I would have loved to see a publication date or expected release date...
Mk Howard
I thought the books were great. I read them 3 (count it) three times. I wanted Jack to be with Alice at first, but what others are taking into consideration is that Alice has grown up quite a bit. She knows the rules of the game now. She knows now that there is usually one mate for the vampires.She loves Jack because they grew together through their friendship and her youth. However; she was meant for Peter and he was to blind to see it. He had been holding on to his 1st love so long he had forg ...more
Lindsay
Apr 30, 2012 Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sellout!!! Ms Hocking had no problem banging out this series before being signed with a legit publishing company. They clearly weren't interested in picking up this series so there comes the blog in November saying her heart isn't in it to finish book 5 (read: there's no paycheck for this one). She's a big disappointment. This was a good series minus a few misses but now I'll never read another Hocking book. Quite frankly I found the Trylle Trilogy to be painful to get through with awful charac ...more
Katie
Dec 11, 2011 Katie marked it as to-read
According to Hocking's blog she is having some difficulties writing this last book. I recently found this series and have spent the last week reading it. I am now very disappointed to learn I will have to wait who knows how long to have some closure with Alice and her story.
Jillian Eaton
Aug 11, 2012 Jillian Eaton marked it as to-read
213 ratings and an average of 4.2 stars for a book that hasn't been released yet?

*blink blink*

Amanda Hocking, you are one impressive lady. And I envy you. A lot.
Stacie
Oct 20, 2016 Stacie marked it as to-read
Release date November 9, 2016!! This makes me very happy!!
Book_Worm99
Why is it that the first 4 amazing books came out all in 2010, and THIS 5th book is taking so goddamn long!? >:(
I swear this book taking over 2 years to write better be worth it.
Rachel Baird
Jan 19, 2013 Rachel Baird rated it it was amazing
I can't wait!! I do believe out of the very very many vampire series I have read, that this is my most favorite! :) Thanks for giving us another book in the series Amanda!!!!!
Jane Yang
Jan 08, 2015 Jane Yang marked it as to-read
OMG PLEZZZZ PETER X ALICE
U can TOTALLY make it work!!!
I mean I was reading other people's comments and I realise that Jack could be better off as a friend!!
And a comrade here has a very good point, if Jack finds the one he's "meant" to be with, then dahell happens to Alice??
He is selfish for breaking the bond between Alice and Peter and who the damn cares that Jack found her first.
Team Peter all the way!!!
Ally
Apr 27, 2012 Ally rated it it was amazing
ATTENTION:

On Amanda hocking's Blogspot she releases the gist of swear.

Majority will not be impressed with the shortness of it and the ending of the love triangle because I know I wasn't and i'm sad this book may never come out.

If it does though, i'm not really sure how i'll respond to it.

PETER FOR LIFE!
Stormy
Feb 04, 2014 Stormy marked it as to-read
I love Peter to death but I really don't care who she's with as long as this series is finished.

WHEN THE HELL IS THIS GOING TO BE OUT? Ever? If not this book should just be erased from GR.

I'M GETTING SICK OF WAITING.
Melissa
May 12, 2013 Melissa marked it as to-read
I don't believe the author is ever going to write this book. I'm beginning to think Amanda hocking is a tease not to finish this series. She's dumped these characters and doesn't care to ever return to them, in my opinion. She's too busy making money on the new stuff...
Molly
Dec 07, 2011 Molly marked it as to-read
i just read in her blog that she wont be writing this book anytime soon if ever. so sad about that, really wanted that closure.
Alec
Sep 29, 2013 Alec marked it as to-read
I'm really confused. Has this book been published yet? There is no release date and the book before this was published in 2010.
Kacy B
Nov 30, 2011 Kacy B marked it as to-read

I am definitely bummed that the book will not be coming out anytime soon.
Ashley
Jun 10, 2011 Ashley marked it as to-read
Can't wait!!!!
Lorna
Nov 29, 2016 Lorna rated it really liked it
(RabidReads.com)3.5/5 stars. Two years ago I spent less than a week reading the My Blood Approves series by Amanda Hocking. I had to buy the fourth book on Smashwords because that’s the only place I could find it.(It’s on Amazon now) When I was done with that, I realized that she hadn’t really ended the series and these books had been out for several years with no end in sight. I did my research and found that she probably wasn’t going to end it. To be honest, I was a bit mad. So when I saw that ...more
Alexandra  Harris
Dec 08, 2016 Alexandra Harris rated it did not like it
I hate writing bad reviews, but someone has to.
I used to love Amanda Hocking, she was a creative writer who wouldn't take no for an answer. She imagined beautiful strong but vulnerable characters who you could watch grow. So it's said when you have waited for years to read this book. Not just sad but very aggravating as well.
I'm not a grammar police or spelling, simply because if the story is good enough you don't notice and I'm not great at it either, but I also don't get paid for my grammar,
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 8 Dec 17, 2016 12:09AM
WHEN??? 21 115 Oct 11, 2016 08:12AM
Peter? or Jack? 3 23 Nov 17, 2013 08:03PM
  • Sneak Thievery
  • Inevitable (The Inevitable Trilogy #1)
  • Summon (Rae Wilder, #4)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Arcanus (Tempus, #2)
  • Bo (Blood Like Poison, #4)
  • Alluvion (The Ylem Trilogy, #2)
  • Third Blood (Haven, #3)
  • Heroes Under Siege (Talent Chronicles, #3)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Untitled (Winter Saga, #3)
  • Untitled (Faeble, #3)
  • Darkness Fades (Darkness Falls, #3)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • Soul Bound (Blood Coven Vampire, #7)
  • Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires, #13)
  • Sleeping Angel (Ravenwood Mysteries, #3)
Amanda Hocking is a lifelong Minnesotan obsessed with Batman and Jim Henson. In between watching cooking shows, taking care of her menagerie of pets, and drinking too much Red Bull Zero, she writes young adult urban fantasy and paranormal romance.

Several of her books have made the New York Times Bestsellers list, including the Trylle trilogy and Kanin Chronicles. Herzombie series, The Hollows, has
More about Amanda Hocking...

My Blood Approves (5 books)
  • My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1)
  • Fate (My Blood Approves, #2)
  • Flutter (My Blood Approves, #3)
  • Wisdom (My Blood Approves, #4)