Blank-133x176
Swear

Amanda Hocking

Swear (My Blood Approves #5)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  526 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Final book in the My Blood Approves series by bestselling author, Amanda Hocking.
Paperback
Published by Fraggin Aardvark

Can't Wait Books of 2012
149th out of 2,507 books — 15,920 voters
The Seeker by Stephenie MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanPrince of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
46th out of 391 books — 10,857 voters

More lists with this book...

Marie
Oct 24, 2013 Marie marked it as to-read
Shelves: vamps
Is it just me who thinks she's supposed to be with Jack, I mean yeah peter's fine, but jack is just so cute! Im team jack all the way! It sucks that there is no release date now, mental block or not, how long can she expect us to wait?

Getting just a little impatient now!

description

Shelly Crane
Dec 14, 2011 Shelly Crane marked it as to-read
I can't wait for this book! This has been the longest book to wait for. I wonder is she's writing it now or working on the Watersong series instead.
Oh, please be working on this!! I felt so bad for Peter in the last book. Team Peter all the way!!
Elena
Mar 11, 2013 Elena marked it as up-in-the-air
To all the fans of Peter: he is a massive arrogant self absorbed jerk, a poncy twat and a bloody pain in the arse!!! His charachter is ridiculously underdeveloped and ghostly, and if in Swear Alice ends up with him by some miracle, I hope this book never comes out!!!

UPDATE

!!!

Thank you, the ever loyal members of team Peter&Alice, who had the guts to send hate mail to Amanda Hocking as well as a crapload of messages about how unsatisfied you were with the course My Blood Approves had taken (I mea...more
Apr 15, 2012 Jennifer marked it as to-read
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE 4th BOOK!

From Amanda Hocking's Blog

I think I need to clarify the following things. My problems with writing Swear aren't because a lack of ideas, writer's block, or because of my publishers. I know exactly how the book ends. I don't believe in writer's block. And I'm actually in trouble with foreign publishers for not writing it.

I don't know how to explain it to you any better than I already have. I feel completely disconnected from all the characters.

One of the...more
Courtney
I cant wait! Its so close yet so far away! PeterxAlice! Oh dear god please PeterxAlice if it is not... me and my friend WILL attack the printing company even if they didnt write it... and then make Amanda Hocking fix it so Peter and Alice get together ;D bwuahha!
Carolina Riojas
Mar 13, 2013 Carolina Riojas marked it as to-read
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN JACK AND THE AUTHOR ALREADY TOLD THAT JACK WAS THE MEANT FOR ALICE!!! I'm soooo happy that i could start crying in this moment.
Alex Stephens
Nov 27, 2011 Alex Stephens marked it as to-read
I had no idea there was gonna be another book to the series :) I'm glad there is. I really want it to be Alice and Peter together! He did have her first then Jack took her. Don't get me wrong, I loved Jack but I loved Peter more. 2 more months left!! <3 <3 Peter&Alice all the way
Amy Couttas
Mar 28, 2012 Amy Couttas marked it as to-read
I check this book at least like once a week.... I just can't wait!! I'm dieing here, I actually think I might read the series from the start again just cause I miss jack so much!
Oh TEAM JACK all the way! I never understand how people say team peter? Sure he's cool... I guess... but he's broody and bad tempered! How can that compare to sweet, funny, charming Jack? That's right, you with the nose... He can't! He just can't. Na na. Nope!
Anyways, waiting anxiously, Amanda! Not to be rude but... Ge...more
Shelby Petrie
Peter and Alice all the way! I love Jack, but Peter sends chills up my spine and makes me want to steal him away and keep him for myself(: I don't care if his character is lame or if he's an ass sometimes(: he loves Alice more than he does Elise and that's saying a lot considering he was depressed the whole time over Elise's death until he met Alice. I think Jack is an ass for breaking the bond between her and Peter, Peter didn't deserve that after losing Elise. I love Peter to death<3
Grace Lindo
Jun 25, 2011 Grace Lindo marked it as to-read
Peter and Alice. Please, just please!
Alyson
Jan 27, 2012 Alyson marked it as to-read
Shelves: sequels
Peter and Alice :)
Kizzy
Can't wait for it to come out! Peter and Alice, Please! it would work out so much better than Jack and Alice.
Mk Howard
I thought the books were great. I read them 3 (count it) three times. I wanted Jack to be with Alice at first, but what others are taking into consideration is that Alice has grown up quite a bit. She knows the rules of the game now. She knows now that there is usually one mate for the vampires.She loves Jack because they grew together through their friendship and her youth. However; she was meant for Peter and he was to blind to see it. He had been holding on to his 1st love so long he had forg...more
Sara Lipscomb
Dec 23, 2012 Sara Lipscomb marked it as to-read
I know this book may never come to being-- I am lost without the ending to Jack's story-- well, Alice and Jack-- I get it, people love Peter-- but he already has his Elise... anyways-- Amanda is terribly busy with her success... so if it never comes to head-- at least I can rest in the know that Alice chose Jack, it will always be Jack. Think I'm actually going to start reading from the beginning again...
Tina
Mar 24, 2013 Tina marked it as to-read
Shelves: completed-series
I would have loved to see a publication date or expected release date...
Katie
Dec 11, 2011 Katie marked it as to-read
According to Hocking's blog she is having some difficulties writing this last book. I recently found this series and have spent the last week reading it. I am now very disappointed to learn I will have to wait who knows how long to have some closure with Alice and her story.
Jillian Eaton
Aug 11, 2012 Jillian Eaton marked it as to-read
213 ratings and an average of 4.2 stars for a book that hasn't been released yet?

*blink blink*

Amanda Hocking, you are one impressive lady. And I envy you. A lot.
♡ Arianna ♡
Jan 12, 2014 ♡ Arianna ♡ marked it as to-read
Muy bien, Designio salió hace casi ya CUATRO años.
CUATRO MALDITOS AÑOS.

Yo leí todo lo que Amanda escribió en la carta, del odio que estaba recibiendo de algunos lectores porque Alice esté con Jack y no con Peter, pero gente, si leen esa carta, Amanda explica muy bien porqué ALICE está con JACK, y no con PETER.

Y querida Amanda, me importa muy poco si tu tuviste que esperar tres, cuatro años por otro libro, pero yo quiero leer Swear, con suerte, el año que viene.

Y a esas personas que le escribie
Lindsay
Apr 30, 2012 Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sellout!!! Ms Hocking had no problem banging out this series before being signed with a legit publishing company. They clearly weren't interested in picking up this series so there comes the blog in November saying her heart isn't in it to finish book 5 (read: there's no paycheck for this one). She's a big disappointment. This was a good series minus a few misses but now I'll never read another Hocking book. Quite frankly I found the Trylle Trilogy to be painful to get through with awful charac...more
Book_Worm99
Why is it that the first 4 amazing books came out all in 2010, and THIS 5th book is taking so goddamn long!? >:(
I swear this book taking over 2 years to write better be worth it.
Rachel Baird
I can't wait!! I do believe out of the very very many vampire series I have read, that this is my most favorite! :) Thanks for giving us another book in the series Amanda!!!!!
Emily
Well shit, I wish I knew about all this writer's block before I started the series :/ I hate not finishing series
Ally
ATTENTION:

On Amanda hocking's Blogspot she releases the gist of swear.

Majority will not be impressed with the shortness of it and the ending of the love triangle because I know I wasn't and i'm sad this book may never come out.

If it does though, i'm not really sure how i'll respond to it.

PETER FOR LIFE!
Stormy
Feb 04, 2014 Stormy marked it as to-read
I love Peter to death but I really don't care who she's with as long as this series is finished.

WHEN THE HELL IS THIS GOING TO BE OUT? Ever? If not this book should just be erased from GR.

I'M GETTING SICK OF WAITING.
Kacy B
Nov 30, 2011 Kacy B marked it as to-read

I am definitely bummed that the book will not be coming out anytime soon.
Alec
Sep 29, 2013 Alec marked it as to-read
I'm really confused. Has this book been published yet? There is no release date and the book before this was published in 2010.
Molly
Dec 07, 2011 Molly marked it as to-read
i just read in her blog that she wont be writing this book anytime soon if ever. so sad about that, really wanted that closure.
Ashley
Jun 10, 2011 Ashley marked it as to-read
Can't wait!!!!
Kira
Apr 12, 2014 Kira marked it as to-read
so upset for 1: peter should be with Alice and for 2: I can't believe its not out yet :\
Amber
this book has yet to be written or released! UGH!
WHEN??? 13 92 Dec 02, 2013 12:48PM
Peter? or Jack? 3 16 Nov 17, 2013 08:03PM
  • Sneak Thievery
  • Inevitable (The Inevitable Trilogy #1)
  • Heroes Under Siege (Talent Chronicles, #3)
  • A Secret to Die For (Secret McQueen #8)
  • Untitled (Intertwined, #4)
  • Untitled (Chicagoland Vampires, #12)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Arcanus (Tempus, #2)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
  • Dare Me (Demon Underground, #5)
  • Summon (Rae Wilder, #4)
  • Found (The Vampire Journals, #8)
  • Unbearable (Port Fare, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Alluvion (The Ylem Trilogy, #2)
  • Altered (Devoured, #3)
  • Iniquity (The Premonition, #5)
  • Bo (Blood Like Poison, #4)
I live in Minnesota, and I write young adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy mostly. The My Blood Approves series is about vampires in Minneapolis, and its available now. I also wrote the Trylle Trilogy, which is a paranormal romance without vampires, shifters, mermaids, fae, angels, dragons, ghosts, or ninjas.

My latest book is Hollowland - a zombie urban fantasy set in the dystopian near fu...more
More about Amanda Hocking...
Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) Torn (Trylle, #2) Ascend (Trylle, #3) My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) Fate (My Blood Approves, #2)